Romney invested in Chinese and Iranian companies

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
proof...............link..............

Here it is.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/obama-stimulus-money-spent-overseas/story?id=10002592

It's fucking disgracefull you guys lash out at Romney for investing HIS OWN MONEY overseas but give Obama a free pass for spending Stimulus money (OUR TAX $$$)overseas.

Yep:

The program has already spent $2 billion, funding enough projects to power 2.4 million homes. Any wind farm created in the U.S. is eligible for stimulus money to put up wind turbines, regardless of where those massive structures are made. Each turbine costs about $3 million, and reaches 40 stories into the sky.
An investigation by ABC News and the Investigative Reporting Workshop found that 79 percent of the program's money has gone to foreign companies, money that Schumer said was "federal tax dollars, the stimulus, which was sold as jobs in America."
The senators are especially alarmed about a project highlighted by ABC News in West Texas that uses turbines manufactured in China. The Texas wind farm is eligible for up to $450 million in stimulus funds.

Where is the outrage from those who are crying that Romney spends his own money overseas? Come on...prove you are not all hypocrits.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Yep:

Where is the outrage from those who are crying that Romney spends his own money overseas? Come on...prove you are not all hypocrits.
Agreed, but . . .

Where's the outrage from everyone that our politicians (of both parties) have locked us into a system by which even so-called stimulus money spent directly by the federal government can't be restricted to American companies?

Where's the outrage from everyone that our politicians (of both parties) have locked us into a system by which American companies are increasingly unable to compete?

Are tariff-free cheap Chinese products really such a good deal?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
So Romney has no trouble investing in 2 of our "biggest enemies" according to him, China and Iran. Forget what I say in public if I can make a buck off it, hey that's capitalism.

Really Mitt, I guess its ok to get "tough on China on day one" when you've already cashed in your payload.
-snip-

I read your article. I see no investment in Iran.

Romney has between 1/4 to 1/2 billion $'s invested by most estimates. The stock investments the article cites were small potatoes (a few thousand here and there). His investments have so far looked to be quite complicated: His blind trust invests in LLCs etc which in turn have directors who make their individual investment decisions etc. Rinse, repeat. Damn near impossible to keep track of what's going where with so many entities and so many different people making their independent management decisions about what to invest in.

Get back to me if he went on his own E*trade account and placed his own investment purchase himself.

Hack article is hack article.

Fern