Romney concedes the 2012 Presidential race !!! What now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
the crazies on the right can now leave the presidential election behind them and go back crying once again about Obma's birth certificate.

lol

article-2229131-15E42F37000005DC-94_634x533.jpg

hahahaha

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
You cannot expect women of this day and age to vote for you if you support overturning RVW, it's that simple. Romnney lost the female vote huge..

+1 and the comments made by his so called friends on the subject just made them look like crazy male chauvinist pigs that have no clue about anything.

See the comments about rape being the woman's fault.. and not a reason for an abortion? are you freaking kidding me?

What era are we living in?

not to mention the fact that Romney was proven to be a sold out rich boy supporting the 1%ers even with having all his money offshore..

the country can never change as long as we keep nominating super rich people that have never worked a real day in their life.. nor the super religious that turn off half the populace with their changes based on what their church thinks..

Last edited:

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
To be fair to Romney, he has to wait for his car elevator today just like everyone else.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Revenge.

The right wing went for broke and they lay dashed against the rocks. This time liberals put the boot to the right wing's throat and KEEP it there!

Please do. Perhap I and the others will walk right past you while you and your nemesis engage in your partisan play.

It's time to start planning to bring the two dynasties down.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Back to Barack Hussein Obama in your sig again. :)
With the left derisinvely calling Romney "Mittens", didn't make a lot of sense to make Obama's actual name off limits.

Sorry, they didn't play an equal part in the least. The republicans wanted deregulation and spearheaded the removal of Glass-Steagull for a long time. This directly led to the financial collapse. To claim "they were both bad" is insane, considering the republicnas had 12 years of congress and 8 with the presidency. Give me a break.
Besides the fact that both parties voted to repeal the last tattered vestiges of Glass-Steagall and a Democrat President signed it into law, repealing Glass-Steagall was not even one of the proximate causes of the housing crash. It was merely the factor that let that crash take down our entire financial sector. The biggest proximate cause for the crash was the GSE's removal of all sane qualifications for loans in pursuit of the HUD goals set by Congress. And just as repealing Glass-Steagall was a bi-partisan movement led by Republicans, our insane HUD requirements was a bi-partisan movement led by Democrats.

:D LMAO!

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
I TOLD you people months ago that I lived one state over and watched Mittens as Governor and that he only looked like a competent white executive and that you quickly see thru his shit.

Well, fortunately the campaign lasted long enough and people saw Mitt was just a pretty boy in an empty suit who was unable to make a decision, let alone a good decision.

CryHavoc

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2003
Just gave a speech to his supporters. Here's hoping Obama will keep his promises.

What now? I'll tell you what now.

The layoff bomb has already started.
Small/med/large companies are having to mitigate the effects of the Obamacare act.

Look what Boeing just announced
30% cuts to staff
medical device companies including some very large east coast manufacturers such as Boston Medical, Hospitals like the very well regarded ST. Jude, etc etc

If you are reading this and saying "what effects of Obamacare.."
then you really don't understand what the cause and effect will be.

Google "layoff bomb" and understand

7.9% unemployment today...November and Dec numbers will be back in the upper 8's. perhaps offset a little by seasonal hiring.

Jan and Feb numbers will be horrifying...

Its going to get ugly. If you are currently looking for work, have recently or will be graduating college soon, AND voted for Obama..Honestly..good luck to you. I mean that. The job market will be a very tough nut to crack for several years.

I'm a conservative and yes I voted for Romney.

I am now worried about my oldest son and daughter..who both work for Best Buy and have for years.

My son is on a team that flys out and closes down BB stores nationwide. HE has been very busy.

My daughter transitioned from the sales floor to management at BB. She is hearing about massive layoffs/closures coming to BB stores

Last edited:

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Just checking back in to see if Romney has reversed himself on conceding yet.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Please do. Perhap I and the others will walk right past you while you and your nemesis engage in your partisan play.

It's time to start planning to bring the two dynasties down.

Morpheus : Do you believe in fate, Neo?

Neo : No.

Morpheus : Why?

Neo : Because I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my

own life.

Morpheus : I know..._exactly_ what you mean. Let me tell you why you're

here. You're here because you know something. What you know,

you can't explain. But you feel it. You've felt it your

entire life. That there's something _wrong_ with the world.

You don't know what it is, but it's there...like a splinter

in you're mind, driving you mad. It is this feeling that has

brought you to me. Do you _know_ what I'm talking about?

Neo : The Matrix?

Morpheus : Do you want to know...._what_ _it_ is....?

Neo nods

Morpheus : The Matrix is everywhere. It's all around us, even in this

very room. You can see it when you look out your window or

when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you

go to work, when you go to work, when you pay your taxes.

The Matrix is the world that has been pulled over your eyes,

to blind you from the truth.

Neo : What truth?

Morpheus : That you are a slave, Neo. Like everyone else, you were born

into bondage, born into a prison that you cannot smell or

taste or touch. A prison...for your mind....Unfortunatly,

no one can be..._told_ what the Matrix is...you have to see

it for yourself.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
what will he do now? go buy another car? go enjoy his millions? meh..i'm not worried about him. heh

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010
Letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the rich will do nothing to solve our economic problems. And the sooner we get out of Afghanistan, the better (btw...Dems supported both wars...especially Afghanistan).

Four years of Obama's spending...yeah that worked well. I hope this country can survive 4 more years of his horseshit economic policies.

No, dark times ahead.

It's doom and gloom from here on out. Hell, my week has been completely shitty. I went off campus for lunch today and I couldn't find a place to park outside of Luby's. The downfall of America has already begun, and it started with Romney's defeat.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
No, dark times ahead.

It's doom and gloom from here on out. Hell, my week has been completely shitty. I went off campus for lunch today and I couldn't find a place to park outside of Luby's. The downfall of America has already begun, and it started with Romney's defeat.

Sadly your post will be tweeted and retweeted and pretty soon be ont the front page on Drudge.:D

Nov 30, 2006
No, dark times ahead.

Your arrogant condescension is duly noted....feel better?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Your arrogant condescension is duly noted....feel better?

Actually, I am so relieved that Obama won that all I can feel is blessed magnanimity, but I keep thinking about what would happen of this beautiful Christian soul were to be somehow served up to the lions. My modesty, my humble opinion, my perspicacity, my fecund and overflowing heart, plus a quarter in change in my pocket, would be lunch. You gots some vicious and nasty people in your pride.

MooseNSquirrel

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2009

Small/med/large companies are having to mitigate the effects of the Obamacare act.

30% cuts to staff
medical device companies including some very large east coast manufacturers such as Boston Medical, Hospitals like the very well regarded ST. Jude, etc etc

7.9% unemployment today...November and Dec numbers will be back in the upper 8's. perhaps offset a little by seasonal hiring.

Its going to get ugly. If you are currently looking for work, have recently or will be graduating college soon, AND voted for Obama..Honestly..good luck to you. I mean that. The job market will be a very tough nut to crack for several years.

I am now worried about my oldest son and daughter..who both work for Best Buy and have for years.

My son is on a team that flys out and closes down BB stores nationwide. HE has been very busy.

My daughter transitioned from the sales floor to management at BB. She is hearing about massive layoffs/closures coming to BB stores

Yet another person trying to link unrelated things based on a relationship of time and nothing else.

There is no proof for this ACA layoff bomb.

But I'm sure that when one firmly believes in one thing it is nigh impossible to see the facts.

And the facts are that the private health care industry has done very little to reign in costs.

sigurros81

Platinum Member
Nov 30, 2010

30% cuts to staff

Hate to burst your bubble but Best Buys shutting down has nothing to do with Obamacare, please do not reference a tanking corporation that has one of the shittiest consumer approval of any companies out there as an example of layoffs due to Obamacare. Best Buy restructuring has been in the work since 2010 as they've realized people are no longer interested in the bullshit they sell.

http://news.investors.com/technology/102512-630744-best-buy-stock-falls-on-restructuring.htm

You should ask your son and daughter how much HDMI cables go for in their stores.

With that said, I hope things work out for your children, but please, please, do not make dramatic accusations that are completely misinformed and lacking of any legitimate evidence.

Last edited:

CryHavoc

Golden Member
Jan 17, 2003
perhaps you guys don't see the forest through the trees.

The health care law will impact current employment and future hires.

Regarding Best Buy...Yeah I agree with you there. I understand the impact a BM versus the online experience and pricing/taxes...but it goes farther than that.

Less discretionary income drives sales lower, as well as increased online competition.

The economy is going to tank again. I don't wish it upon anyone, lib,conservative, indie..anyone. But its going to happen. Refer back to this post after the Feb or March 2013 jobs info is released. New filings for unemployment will skyrocket. The participation rate will be dropping as more and more people stop actively looking for a job, and the numbers on food stamps will surpass the already record amounts receiving assistance.