Romney concedes the 2012 Presidential race !!! What now?

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Just gave a speech to his supporters. Here's hoping Obama will keep his promises.

Last edited:

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010
the crazies on the right can now leave the presidential election behind them and go back crying once again about Obma's birth certificate.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Revenge.

The right wing went for broke and they lay dashed against the rocks. This time liberals put the boot to the right wing's throat and KEEP it there!

You cannot expect women of this day and age to vote for you if you support overturning RVW, it's that simple. Romnney lost the female vote huge..

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
He gave a very classy speech and I can only hope that it wasn't facetious. The future of our country depends on cooperation from the parties and all people in general..

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
He gave a very classy speech and I can only hope that it wasn't facetious. The future of our country depends on cooperation from the parties and all people in general..

Classy? He didn't even mention Obama's name once. Zero class from a two-faced liar.

Todd33

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 2003
Which Romney was it? Will the other version fight to the end?

Binarycow

Golden Member
Jan 10, 2010

it was a classy speech. Keep dreaming about your second point though. we will only become more polarized from this point on.

Abraxas

Golden Member
Oct 26, 2004
I'll let a little hope slip out here and propose that just maybe now that the Republican mission to make Obama a one term president has failed spectacularly they will be willing to try and fix things to try and give themselves a star for the next election cycle. Not likely, I admit, but one can dream.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Now we get to work changing America into the welfare state we clearly want it to be. It's better than freedom, evidently. But that's the beauty of democracy; we get the leaders we deserve.

Politicians had better start now writing their speeches on how we'll tame 2016's 20 trillion dollar deficit and fix the economy.

Congrats to the proggies, you had a good night. Now you can share which parts of the American economy should be federalized next.

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
Now we get to work changing America into the welfare state we clearly want it to be. It's better than freedom, evidently. But that's the beauty of democracy; we get the leaders we deserve.

Politicians had better start now writing their speeches on how we'll tame 2016's 20 trillion dollar deficit and fix the economy.

Congrats to the proggies, you had a good night. Now you can share which parts of the American economy should be federalized next.

Yes because clearly the Republican party from 2000-2008 had nothing to do with the economic mess we are in now.

Apr 17, 2003
Yes because clearly the Republican party from 2000-2008 had nothing to do with the economic mess we are in now.

I really hope we are still not in position to be arguing the effect of the Bush administration in 2016...hopefully this argument will become trite, even to dems, by then.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Certainly both parties played huge roles in our economic collapse, the Pubbies every bit as much as the Dems. However - the party that believes in wealth confiscation and redistribution just won pretty handily, and demographics favors them. Already sixty percent of households get more from the federal government than they pay, Obamacare's just getting started, and Obama has four more years to do whatever he can do administratively. Once he legalizes illegals and can release his full assault on oil and coal - the bases of our economy - many more people are going to need help. Once we get card check and the bureaucracy starts really adding employer cost through Obamacare, any industry that can flee, will flee, leaving only those who must stay to be milked (such as big retailers) and those whose major business is government money. Both through an increasing lack of good jobs and from the empowering effect of government health care we're going to have many more people following their dreams of performance art or erotic pottery or whatever, and those people will mostly need (and get) government assistance. Just as the Republicans did with civil rights, the Democrats will either pull the Pubbies along or make them irrelevant.

Welfare state's being optimistic.

Zargon

Lifer
Nov 3, 2009
maybe obamacare wont suck

and maybe he will stop trying to steal all our privacys and freedom

people cried when bush pushed the original patriot act, obama has made it look like a incomplete draft......

the house is still red, so its probably 4 more years of pissing and moaning and gridlock

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004

Back to Barack Hussein Obama in your sig again. :)

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Certainly both parties played huge roles in our economic collapse, the Pubbies every bit as much as the Dems. However - the party that believes in wealth confiscation and redistribution just won pretty handily, and demographics favors them. Already sixty percent of households get more from the federal government than they pay, Obamacare's just getting started, and Obama has four more years to do whatever he can do administratively. Once he legalizes illegals and can release his full assault on oil and coal - the bases of our economy - many more people are going to need help. Once we get card check and the bureaucracy starts really adding employer cost through Obamacare, any industry that can flee, will flee, leaving only those who must stay to be milked (such as big retailers) and those whose major business is government money. Both through an increasing lack of good jobs and from the empowering effect of government health care we're going to have many more people following their dreams of performance art or erotic pottery or whatever, and those people will mostly need (and get) government assistance. Just as the Republicans did with civil rights, the Democrats will either pull the Pubbies along or make them irrelevant.

Welfare state's being optimistic.

Sorry, they didn't play an equal part in the least. The republicans wanted deregulation and spearheaded the removal of Glass-Steagull for a long time. This directly led to the financial collapse. To claim "they were both bad" is insane, considering the republicnas had 12 years of congress and 8 with the presidency. Give me a break.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
I really hope we are still not in position to be arguing the effect of the Bush administration in 2016...hopefully this argument will become trite, even to dems, by then.

Hopefully, the House will let some of the Bush tax cuts for people who don't need them expire...

Then yeah I bet a lot of people would let the Bush years fade away.

Cutting taxes shortly after engaging in two wars.... (one of them based on a lie or extreme incompetence) yeah that worked well...

Nov 30, 2006
Hopefully, the House will let some of the Bush tax cuts for people who don't need them expire...

Then yeah I bet a lot of people would let the Bush years fade away.

Cutting taxes shortly after engaging in two wars.... (one of them based on a lie or extreme incompetence) yeah that worked well...
Letting the Bush tax cuts expire for the rich will do nothing to solve our economic problems. And the sooner we get out of Afghanistan, the better (btw...Dems supported both wars...especially Afghanistan).

Four years of Obama's spending...yeah that worked well. I hope this country can survive 4 more years of his horseshit economic policies.

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
article-2229131-15E42F37000005DC-94_634x533.jpg