Rome: Total War

irishScott

Lifer
Oct 10, 2006
Is there any way to have Roman Infantry NOT throw their Pila? In almost every battle, one of my cohorts will get flanked. I order them to shift targets while I bring up support, and they spend 6 seconds throwing the fvcking pila at point blank while being slaughtered.

Edit: Spelling. Wow (though and throw). Sleep meds do some crazy shit.

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis
Doesn't turning off "Fire at will" do that?

Thats for archers, not sure about infantry. I believe there is a skirmish mode button that turns it off.

Oct 25, 2006
Originally posted by: Bateluer
Originally posted by: Mursilis
Doesn't turning off "Fire at will" do that?

Thats for archers, not sure about infantry. I believe there is a skirmish mode button that turns it off.

I think if you just tell them to skirmish, they will just charge. Yeah, that pissed me off too.

ColtMaverick

Oct 11, 2007
If I remember right, you hold down the alt key to use secondary weapon, which in case of romans is their sword. Thrown weapons are put in primary weapon slot for coding purposes, i.e. so they can use auto fire option. Once you get the hang of alt key + attack, it's a piece of cake.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
Originally posted by: ColtMaverick
If I remember right, you hold down the alt key to use secondary weapon, which in case of romans is their sword. Thrown weapons are put in primary weapon slot for coding purposes, i.e. so they can use auto fire option. Once you get the hang of alt key + attack, it's a piece of cake.

Yeap!