Rollingstone posts article about 5 deadliest guns, hilarity ensues

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
We're in deep trouble if kids start bringing revolvers to school. This one shoots .410 rounds

The-Judge.jpg

How big is .410? Pretty big. I wouldn't want to get hit by it.

images

The bullets on the left are apparently .45 ACP and .45 Colt

Here's a revolver that fires AK-47 bullets. "assault bullets" :

phillipsrogers762x39mmcompace-jpg.34659

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2007
They don't care. You're not part of their demographic.

I think most people in their demographic would still realize that "article" is ludicrous in its complete lack of scope and depth. It's like publishing an article about the deadliest seasons and including Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Like, OK, yeah, that's technically true, but it's so broad as to be utterly meaningless. What are you supposed to do with the information that's being presented?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Ha ha ha, I don't believe it
Da, da, ah, ah don't touch it
Hey, Ray, hey, Sugar, tell them who we are...

rommelrommel

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2002
We're in deep trouble if kids start bringing revolvers to school. This one shoots .410 rounds

The-Judge.jpg

How big is .410? Pretty big. I wouldn't want to get hit by it.

images

The bullets on the left are apparently .45 ACP and .45 Colt

Here's a revolver that fires AK-47 bullets. "assault bullets" :

phillipsrogers762x39mmcompace-jpg.34659

I do not want to be shot at with any kind of bullets.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Morons. So pistols, revolvers (which is a pistol)and derringers (which are pistols) are "three" of the five most dangerous firearms? Rolling Stone has reaffirmed their full retard status.

Not all revolvers are pistols.

800-4601-Old-Tex-Rifle.jpg

Also, there are Derringer rifles.

10338756_1.jpg

XP_R_small.jpg

Just saying...

Last edited:

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
I'm surprised more mass murders don't involve gasoline. I'm not joking. Set $50 worth of gasoline on fire, all at one time, and try to put it out. I can't believe we can buy that stuff without a permit. And propane. And natural gas. Remember how people wanted to ban fertilizer after the Oklahoma City bombing? People are scared of dirty bombs, but nobody seems overly concerned about the bombs our houses sit on.

I think the following picture is interesting for several reasons. It shows what a natural gas explosion looks like. It's so unbelievably powerful that someone actually put little notes on the image suggesting that only a military grade explosive could do this much damage.

bombblast.jpg

We don't even think twice about this stuff. Maybe I should stop talking about it. It would really suck if people figured out you could use gasoline or natural gas for terrorism. btw this is why meth houses explode. They're generally doing some kind of sloppy chemistry with no ventilation, so it leads to dangerous concentrations of things like acetone or gasoline in the air. A little spark makes the entire house explode.

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
I think most people in their demographic would still realize that "article" is ludicrous in its complete lack of scope and depth. It's like publishing an article about the deadliest seasons and including Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter. Like, OK, yeah, that's technically true, but it's so broad as to be utterly meaningless. What are you supposed to do with the information that's being presented?

Love this thread. Love this post.