Rollingstone posts article about 5 deadliest guns, hilarity ensues

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
I was expecting something pretty stupid. The author still managed to surprise me.

Yeah I was kind of confused when reading the article as to why she was describing how the different types of guns, in bad detail, work and was just expecting the top 5 list at the end of the article.

But I was wrong, that was the list :p

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
That article was useless, devoid of info, and very poorly written. Author should be fired.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
I thought this would be about specific models, not broad categories. How many other categories are there besides the 5 listed? Can't be too many more.

this is exactly what i thought as well. i was expecting to see 5 different models of pistols (and isn't a revolver a pistol, anyway?).

pretty dumb list if you ask me. they could have just cited the FBI uniform crime statistics and saved themselves a lot of work.

sactoking

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2007
51rKurGS7lL._SY445_.jpg

Reading Rolling Stone for information about weapons is like reading the American Rifleman for music reviews.

Uno

Or going to a tech forum to discuss politics and news. ..

Spungo

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2012
The real shame is that this could have been an interesting article. It's ok to say "revolvers" are dangerous, but explain why. It could say something about reliability due to simplicity,or revolvers having larger bullets, etc. If you want a pistol that shoots .45-70 bullets, it's going to be a revolver.

hqdefault.jpg

Drako

Lifer
Jun 9, 2007
The real shame is that this could have been an interesting article. It's ok to say "revolvers" are dangerous, but explain why. It could say something about reliability due to simplicity,or revolvers having larger bullets, etc. If you want a pistol that shoots .45-70 bullets, it's going to be a revolver.

77060.jpg

This Dessert Eagle begs to differ. :colbert:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Morons. So pistols, revolvers (which is a pistol)and derringers (which are pistols) are "three" of the five most dangerous firearms? Rolling Stone has reaffirmed their full retard status.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
In fairness to Rolling Stone magazine, this article probably makes a lot more sense if you are (1) Totally ignorant about guns except that you hate them, and (2) Really, really fucked up high.

JulesMaximus

No Lifer
Jul 3, 2003
o_O Was there any type of gun they left out?

Let's see, they had handgun, handgun, rifle, shotgun, handgun.

Newell Steamer

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2014
Bunch of pansies.

None of those guns leave a pile of steaming meat after you are done unloading - what kind of bullshit is this?!

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
Not even going to look.

I'll fire a Metal Storm at Rolling Stone, they really haven't been relevant to anything in decades anyway.

:biggrin:

Fayd

Diamond Member
Jun 28, 2001
www.manwhoring.com

hqdefault.jpg

Thompson Center