Roku 3 and "HDCP unauthorised Content disabled"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JatMat

Jan 25, 2015
Hadn't even occurred to me that it could be a problem with the Roku itself. Do you happen to have any sources that enforce HDCP on an HDMI output? A Blu Ray player would be a good way to test this out. If it works just fine then you'll be spending extra money to get something to work when you shouldn't have to.

LOL, I have a Blue Ray player, but no disks to play. It was a gift last year, never got around to hooking it up. Don't like buying or renting movies. :oops:

JatMat

Jan 25, 2015
Man oh Man am I a HAPPY CAMPER RIGHT NOW, plugged the box in mentioned in last link and I am now streaming my movies, picture and sound perfect. Thanks for all the help, I really do appreciate it. My Plasma was just too old to handshake. Now its perfect.

JatMat

Jan 25, 2015
Just a quick update, my splitter has been plugged in 24/7 since Jan 30 with absolutely no failures in removing the HDMI required handshakes. Still happy about it and thanks to everyone in walking this old man through his problem.

sep

Platinum Member
Aug 1, 2001
Just a quick update, my splitter has been plugged in 24/7 since Jan 30 with absolutely no failures in removing the HDMI required handshakes. Still happy about it and thanks to everyone in walking this old man through his problem.

Only as old as you feel...Young Man :thumbsup: