Rodney King Shot

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Originally posted by: rpanic
Rodney King shot while riding his bicycle drunk(unfortunately not killed :( ). I wish the cops just shot this thug instead of giving him the well deserved beat down. Makes me laugh that people rioted over this looser.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/200.../ts_nm/rodneyking_dc_1

I'm seeing alot of this talk lately. Over in the grampa thread a bunch of people are saying its cool to kill the dude stealing your ipod, but in the torrent thread they are saying 5 years is harsh for stealing the tunes for the ipod

Is it the weather down there making you all a little squirrly

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Orignal Earl
Rodney King shot while riding his bicycle drunk(unfortunately not killed :( ). I wish the cops just shot this thug instead of giving him the well deserved beat down. Makes me laugh that people rioted over this looser.

I'm seeing alot of this talk lately. Over in the grampa thread a bunch of people are saying its cool to kill the dude stealing your ipod, but in the torrent thread they are saying 5 years is harsh for stealing the tunes for the ipod

We are talking about a career thug that has been committing crimes his whole life. I wont even compare him to some a person that stole a Ipod. Even after his well deserved beat down and settlement he still is committing crimes, and I am sure he will not stop until someone puts him down or he gets himself killed.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

We are talking about a career thug that has been committing crimes his whole life. I wont even compare him to some a person that stole a Ipod. Even after his well deserved beat down and settlement he still is committing crimes, and I am sure he will not stop until someone puts him down or he gets himself killed.

That's some pretty crazy talk you've got going on there. The article mentions nothing about him committing any crime when he was shot, and you are sad that he wasn't killed? I'm not saying Rodney King is a great guy, but as mentioned by Earl above it seems like the death penalty gets thrown around here a lot for relatively minor crimes. Is that really what you want?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

The US is devolving steadily and rapidly into a kind of bizarre pseudo-anarchic mob tyranny where it's somehow right and proper to inflict horrific and unjust punishments on other persons guilty of whatever crimes you don't commit, while any crime that you may or might commit should of course never be punished. It's why we always let celebrities off for their crimes, because we identify them with us personally.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

I'm sad that you weren't killed.

People rioted over Rodney King because he represented the average (black) person. If they could do that to him, they could do it to anyone.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Even after his well deserved beat down and settlement he still is committing crimes, and I am sure he will not stop until someone puts him down or he gets himself killed.

Ya, odds are you'll probably get your wish. With his background, add in drug addiction and a mountain of cash. But I've seen bigger changes in people

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Originally posted by: eskimospy

That's some pretty crazy talk you've got going on there. The article mentions nothing about him committing any crime when he was shot, and you are sad that he wasn't killed? I'm not saying Rodney King is a great guy, but as mentioned by Earl above it seems like the death penalty gets thrown around here a lot for relatively minor crimes. Is that really what you want?

Guy was career criminal that ran from cops because ?he didn?t want to go back to jail? then was beaten. , and has been involved several times with the police since. My problem is with people that are beyond being rehabilitated, its not one crime that deserves him to get shot. So far from his own actions he has been beaten and shot. He could have easily gotten someone killed by running from the cops or one of his DUI?s that he has received, and that is just counting the crimes that I know about him, who knows what else he has done.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Narmer

People rioted over Rodney King because he represented the average (black) person. If they could do that to him, they could do it to anyone.

Kind of sad if he represents the average black person, most black people I know are not like him.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

Kind of sad if he represents the average black person, most black people I know are not like him.

He was black. That's why people were upset because that could've been any black person. All the cops saw were his skin color. Nothing else.

OH, and everything was recorded on video but the bastards were still found not guilty.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006

He was black. That's why people were upset because that could've been any black person. All the cops saw were his skin color. Nothing else.

OH, and everything was recorded on video but the bastards were still found not guilty.

I thought all they saw was a guy that just ran from them. But anytime it?s a black guy and white cop its something more. I bet it would not have happened if he just pulled over. They use to kick anyone?s ass for running now they don?t and we see people running all the time.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
So, rpanic, you think Rodney King should be shot and killed because he's a "career criminal" and that the beating was acceptable because he ran from the cops? Did your mother accidently switch your baby formula with formula 409?

You know, the cops that beat him were technically breaking the law themselves so I guess they should be shot and killed as well. And being stupid is illegal in some nations so wear a vest when you're traveling.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
So, rpanic, you think Rodney King should be shot and killed because he's a "career criminal" and that the beating was acceptable because he ran from the cops? Did your mother accidently switch your baby formula with formula 409?

You know, the cops that beat him were technically breaking the law themselves so I guess they should be shot and killed as well. And being stupid is illegal in some nations so wear a vest when you're traveling.

I am sure it would be a better world if he had been shot when he ran from the cops it?s only a matter of time before some innocent person gets killed by him for his stupidity.

teclis1023

Golden Member
Jan 19, 2007
What idiotic drivel you're spouting, rpanic. The guy may be a jerk, but he doesn't deserve to be killed for riding a bicycle.

rpanic

Golden Member
Dec 1, 2006
Originally posted by: teclis1023
What idiotic drivel you're spouting, rpanic. The guy may be a jerk, but he doesn't deserve to be killed for riding a bicycle.

I didn?t think he should be killed for riding a bicycle, obviously there is more to it, I don?t hear of people getting bicycle jacked often and then shot.

I just saw on the news that he says that a man and woman tried to take his bicycle and then shot him( ya right) he must have started a fight or a drug deal went bad, or I guess it was just his bad luck they must have wanted his bicycle really bad ;) . Whatever it was he didn?t want to tell the police the truth about what happened since it doesn?t all add up.

And if anyone thinks I am stupid for thinking this thug might as well be dead than so be it. I guess it doesn?t matter he will get him self killed eventually with his track record, lets hope he doesn?t get someone else killed in the process.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006

Guy was career criminal that ran from cops because ?he didn?t want to go back to jail? then was beaten. , and has been involved several times with the police since. My problem is with people that are beyond being rehabilitated, its not one crime that deserves him to get shot. So far from his own actions he has been beaten and shot. He could have easily gotten someone killed by running from the cops or one of his DUI?s that he has received, and that is just counting the crimes that I know about him, who knows what else he has done.

You lack respect for human life, and that's tragic for you and others. Hopefully, you will grow some morals.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Craig234

You lack respect for human life, and that's tragic for you and others. Hopefully, you will grow some morals.

It sounds like he doesn't have respect for the human life that doesn't have respect for human life.

spittledip

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2005

Man.. the average black person is not high on PCP. I do understand that the blacks did identify with him somewhat due to the color of his skin alone and saw the seemingly gross injustice with how he was treated.. although he did keep getting up like a jackass. Not that it justified the beatings. They should have just handcuffed and out leg restraints on him. Anyway, I also don't agree with the OP's sentiments on the matter.

The US is devolving steadily and rapidly into a kind of bizarre pseudo-anarchic mob tyranny where it's somehow right and proper to inflict horrific and unjust punishments on other persons guilty of whatever crimes you don't commit, while any crime that you may or might commit should of course never be punished. It's why we always let celebrities off for their crimes, because we identify them with us personally.
This is nothing new. this is man from the beginning. We always are ok with the wrong things we do and are not ok with the wrong things others do. Helps us feel better about ourselves to compare like that. Often it takes religious or political guises (fundies and PC). Even when naming others as hypocrites we are entering into the same type of thinking that we are accusing others of.

Stoneburner

Diamond Member
May 29, 2003
OKay you twit, you're saying that being a black man riding a bike drunk he's clearly guilty of something so he should be shot?

And they say racism is dead.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
No, I think he is saying that the world would be better off without this Rodney King. I would happen to agree with that.

He isn't saying that any black man should be shot riding a bike drunk, and for you to assume that, would that make you a racist in that rodney king equals all black men based on his skin color?