Rockstar games is new midweek madness on Steam.

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
That's the crappiest comment I read all day here, and I have been browsing ATOT since as early as 7am!

whatever

they might have only brought out gta5 on last gen consoles to get more money for the console companies.

if you think about it since gta5 is so huge people will keep it just for the gta5 game and they might occasionally buy other games. not sure if that would really work out since all games from now on are likely to also be released on next generation consoles as well so someone could just buy all other games on next gen and sell everything but the gta5 and last gen console.

and what about getting a pc version of red dead redemption?

norseamd

Lifer
Dec 13, 2013
remember when max payne first came out

is it that great of a game?

how long is it?

good story?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Its a great game.

Not too long. In fact if you were super motivated you could beat it in 8 hours (including the cinematics, which should be watched).

Max Payne 2 is a little longer, more levels, longer levels, more cinematics.

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
I think i'd rather read Max Payne than play it, but I really did love playing it on my PS2.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
how well does the game along with the ui and graphics age?

Max Payne was rendered using the groundbreaking ConstipationScowl™ Technology, which is best described as the TressFX of its time. It's not to be missed.

Max-Payne-1-Face.jpg

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Max Payne was rendered using the groundbreaking ConstipationScowl™ Technology, which is best described as the TressFX of its time. It's not to be missed.

Lol.

Doesn't Max Payne 1 and 2 have major problems running on newer computers though? I though I remember reading that a while ago. Did they patch them with proper modern support?

davie jambo

Feb 13, 2014
whatever

they might have only brought out gta5 on last gen consoles to get more money for the console companies.

if you think about it since gta5 is so huge people will keep it just for the gta5 game and they might occasionally buy other games. not sure if that would really work out since all games from now on are likely to also be released on next generation consoles as well so someone could just buy all other games on next gen and sell everything but the gta5 and last gen console.

and what about getting a pc version of red dead redemption?

Your probably right , not out on PC so PC folk get twitchy and buy it for their games consoles. But really so what if that is the case ? Rockstar games are a company and they've got to make as much money as possible

GTA games are for teenagers really anyway , I don't think I will bother with it when it does finally come out on PC

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
max payne 2 was one of the best games of the year it came out. and it got me interested in poets of the fall.
how well does the game along with the ui and graphics age?
user interface is very simple so it hasnt aged and the graphics on the 2nd still look good to my eyes. both games are funny.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
I was going to get GTAV, figuring since it's been out for so long that the price must be good...but then remembered they still haven't freakin released it for PC!

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Max Payne 1 is worth it IMHO. Good graphics and great gameplay by today's standards.

I disagree. Visually it's incredibly dated, which isn't unexpected but saying "good graphics by today's standards" is an outright lie. People shouldn't expect a game that old to hold up visually and it doesn't, but don't lie to people. Gameplay is still there, but part of the appeal was how novel some of those mechanics were at the time. A lot of things that were novel at the time have been refined enough to make the original seem a little clunky in comparison.

Very good game and people can still enjoy it, but you have to be honest when telling people what to expect.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
HEY GUYS!

Does GTA IV have better controls than GTA III?

Cuz I forgot how unpleasant this game was.