Rock Solid ABGN Wireless Router? I never want to have to reset it.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by fuzzybabybunny, Jul 29, 2012.

1. fuzzybabybunny

fuzzybabybunny Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras

We currently have a NETGEAR WNDR4000 N750 and it drops connectivity maybe 5 times a day.

We're looking for a fast ABGN wireless router that is absolutely rock solid and can support perhaps 8 wireless devices or more at once. 4 laptop computers and each of our cell phones and a couple of tablets.

Anything out there? I heard that Tomato is very very stable and people go years without having to reset. The WRT54GL is just old.

ASUS RT-N16 with Tomato USB?

http://tomatousb.org/start

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - Rock Solid ABGN Forum Date
    I produced a rock song to help me remember the T-568B color code Networking Aug 13, 2015
    ok, i'm dumber than a rock Networking Aug 29, 2013
    Slow browsing rock solid downloading and ping Networking Jul 24, 2012
    Powerline networking rocks my world. Networking Jul 28, 2008
    rock-solid 802.11g router suggestions Networking Feb 20, 2004

3. ericloewe

ericloewe Senior member

I have had good experiences with Asus' RT-N66U. Maybe it's a bit of an overkill, but it's stable, fast and has the best range I've seen.

4. N4n45h1

N4n45h1 Member

I have a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH and a Netgear WNDR3700, both of which are running DD-WRT.

Currently the Netgear pretty much functions only as a wireless access point, but neither of them are ever reset unless the power goes out. The longest time I've had between power outages is about 4 months, so they're decently stable.

I'm also running two desktops, 4 laptops, an xbox 360, a ps3, 5 android phones/tablets, 1 ipad, and an iphone on it. At times these may all be on simultaneously. When transferring files between the two desktops connected via gigabit ethernet, I get speeds greater than 70 MB/s.

5. JackMDS

JackMDS Super Moderator<BR>Elite Member
    Super Moderator

6. 11Blade

11Blade Member

I bought the ASUS RT-N16 and flashed it with DD-WRT and have not had a problem with it. My AC power has been less reliable than the router which continues to clock on.

I bought it on JackMDS recommendation many moons ago. The newer ASUS units were not out at the time. That being said.. JackMDS knows what he is talking about!!!