Rock bands of the 90's

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gibsons

Lifer
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
I liked Live.

Blind Melon really blew in concert. Badly.

I saw them open up for Mary's Danish before the bee video broke.

They sucked.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
Originally posted by: creedog
Dinosaur Jr. comes to mind,

QFT

one of the most influential bands of their time and they finally reunited and are currently on tour. the impossible has happened and i will be seeing them in early july, woohoo

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
I may get flamed for this, but Staind was really good in the late 90's before they got all soft.

IndieSnob

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: alien42
Originally posted by: creedog
Dinosaur Jr. comes to mind,

QFT

one of the most influential bands of their time and they finally reunited and are currently on tour. the impossible has happened and i will be seeing them in early july, woohoo

Living All Over You = Pure Genius.

I'm suprised they haven't announced a date here yet.

IndieSnob

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2001
Originally posted by: CptObvious
A bunch of great UK bands never got much recognition in the US...Pulp, Suede, My Bloody Valentine, Blur and The Verve (other than Song 2 and Bittersweet Symphony).

QFT.

Kevin Shields is one of the most important figures in the dreampop/shoegaze scene. I'd also Ride, Swervedriver, and Slowdive to that list.

Nomada

Banned
Apr 27, 2005
Originally posted by: IndieSnob
Originally posted by: Nomada
Urge Overkill is pure rock. Check out Saturation.

Heh. They covered one of my roommates songs on their Stull EP.

What track # there Snob. Man, that's almost pullin' into the Eighties. Good stuff though ugh? Manic Street Preachers are damn fine, right on par with The Verve.