Robots are coming.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
So, adjusting for Elon time and π, give it 10 years.
But these robots are coming. For your jobs.

You better be an engineer, programmer or a mental health professional when this paradigm shift rolls around.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
You better be an engineer, programmer or a mental health professional when this paradigm shift rolls around.

Live in or vote for... a society that can understand simple economics and the need, the utility, and the absolute freedom that is... Basic Income.

Reactions: cytg111

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Live in or vote for... a society that can understand simple economics and the need, the utility, and the absolute freedom that is... Basic Income.
Yup, that or .. revolt in the streets by hungry humans vs. robot cops.

DaaQ

Golden Member
Dec 8, 2018

3.5 hours!! does he talk about that much technology or is it all about his being a pioneer?

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
3.5 hours!! does he talk about that much technology or is it all about his being a pioneer?
He is actually not the one talking… Engineers are… I think its a recruitment video as much as anything else.. Still… These fucking robots is coming and they’re coming in the shape of you and me.
If they make em fuckable we’d get rid of the incel community, maybe we can have the internet back?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

There are a lot of fine motor skills + critical thinking jobs that will never be outsourced to AI+Robots.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
Never is a long ass time
I have a feeling "never" means AI+Robots won't be around for very long as society is already in collapse all around us and complexity isn't going to be ubiquitous the way people think it will be.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
I have a feeling "never" means AI+Robots won't be around for very long as society is already in collapse all around us and complexity isn't going to be ubiquitous the way people think it will be.

You know, I have that feeling too. But then I look back over history, at how so many many before me must have felt the exact same thing, feared the end is neigh. Point being, ill take the extrapolated data point (without being cocky, Putin *is* threatening MAD right this second) over my resonating amygdala.
Besides, imagine you're standing at the roulette, red you die, black you live .. which outcome are you gonna plan for?

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
You know, I have that feeling too. But then I look back over history, at how so many many before me must have felt the exact same thing, feared the end is neigh. Point being, ill take the extrapolated data point (without being cocky, Putin *is* threatening MAD right this second) over my resonating amygdala.
Besides, imagine you're standing at the roulette, red you die, black you live .. which outcome are you gonna plan for?
Sure, plan for everything continuing on, but it's more than just Ukraine/Russia in terms of societal collapse. It's resource depletion, climate change, and catabolic collapse that is already happening but isn't easy to see because the people with the most to lose from catabolic collapse don't want you and me to stop pressing all the buttons they need pressed to keep increasing their wealth and ability to hunker down while it all plays out.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Sure, plan for everything continuing on, but it's more than just Ukraine/Russia in terms of societal collapse. It's resource depletion, climate change, and catabolic collapse that is already happening but isn't easy to see because the people with the most to lose from catabolic collapse don't want you and me to stop pressing all the buttons they need pressed to keep increasing their wealth and ability to hunker down while it all plays out.
Yea I see that too. Its why I am so deeply invested in defeating the right wing turn western society has taken. Its the capitalistic construct at its extreme that has taken on a life of its own. And if the US collapses, everyone else collapses too. So the fight begins on your soil.
But as they say, work the problem, never give up. You need the AOC's of the world to take charge and expel the diseased tissue that is the Ruperts and Kochs of the world... and Citizen United needs to run again..

Reactions: nickqt

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
What did that robot actually do? I just saw a small clip, and it looked like it could barely walk. And waved too.

From what I read this is just more vaproware, Elon trying to boost his stock, like a million robo-taxis and fully automated driving, and a truck, and a semi-truck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zorba

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
What did that robot actually do? I just saw a small clip, and it looked like it could barely walk. And waved too.

From what I read this is just more vaproware, Elon trying to boost his stock, like a million robo-taxis and fully automated driving, and a truck, and a semi-truck.
Where is ponyo nowadays to explain to us how this will take us to Mars? On a serious note, they do need to ship those last two products. They are veritable cash cows.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999

Yeah, considering their cars still can't drive themselves, I'm not too concerned about Tesla AI taking over the world.

At this point you have to assume Elon is just full of shit about everything, and Disney can build a better robot.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Where is ponyo nowadays to explain to us how this will take us to Mars? On a serious note, they do need to ship those last two products. They are veritable cash cows.
Apparently he's retired early living on his piles of Tesla money?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
What does Elon bring to robotics (other than his personality) that serious robotics companies haven’t been developing for decades?

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999

I should be retired by then and will have robot servants.

• Love

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Yeah, considering their cars still can't drive themselves, I'm not too concerned about Tesla AI taking over the world.

At this point you have to assume Elon is just full of shit about everything, and Disney can build a better robot.

Yup, this is the same person who said he'd send a giant spaceship with 100 colonists on it to Mars...by 2025. Elon's futurist predictions run just a wee towards the optimistic side.

Reactions: iRONic and Zorba