ritek g04 for only $49.50 per 100 pcs and free shipping

Imyourzero

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
WOW, I had planned on ordering a 100 pk. when they were $65, and I thought that was cheap. Imma definitely jump on this! Thanks OP!

Mecheater

May 26, 2000
And I thought 52.00 for 100pk the other week was a great deal. The deal just got even better.

Imyourzero

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Well, I ordered a 100 pk. of the ones linked to in the first post.

Does anyone know the difference between those and these? The ones I ordered are described as "DVD-R 1X-4X (G04 Silver Matte Top) by Ritek", while the other ones are described as "Ridata G04 1X-4X DVD-R (Matte Top) Bulk by Ritek" and are slightly more expensive. Ritek makes Ridata, and they are both G04's, so shouldn't they be almost the same disc? Or at least roughly the same quality?

mrrman

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2004
the silver matte top are just that, silver in color...the matte top are on opague whitish color

avash

Nov 28, 2003
I believe that Ritek G04s are available in:
- silver shiny
- silver matte (plain)
- silver matte (Ridata branded)
- white inkjet printable

I use the silver matte and they're great, don't show fingerprints. That's why I don't get the silver shiny.

Question, the one on sale, is it the silver matte (plain) or the Ridata branded?

Imyourzero

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: avash
I believe that Ritek G04s are available in:
- silver shiny
- silver matte (plain)
- silver matte (Ridata branded)
- white inkjet printable

I use the silver matte and they're great, don't show fingerprints. That's why I don't get the silver shiny.

No kidding...the first 50 G04's I bought were silver matte and I loved them. After those were gone, I ordered 50 more but I got the silvery shiny and I didn't like them as much for the exact reason you mentioned. Fingerprints = teh lose.

Thanks avash and mrrman for helping clear that up. It seems that the cheaper ones are the plain silver mattes and the slightly more expensive ones are the mattes that are Ridata branded. They are both on sale as long as you use the coupon code.

avash

Nov 28, 2003
Honestly tho, it's still a G04, media quality is the same, so good deal.

Does anyone know if the deal is for silver matte (plain) or Ridata branded? If it's plain, I'm in.

skyeclad

Nov 30, 2003
The reseller ratings on this store are 6.67 - 6 months and 5.09 lifetime w/ lots of negative reviews. I'm a little uncomfortable ordering from them even though the 100pk price is great and their Epson R800 ink prices are about 50% of other stores. Does this scare anyone else?

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Thanks. I bought a 50pack... it was a couple cents per dvd more, but I've only used my burner half a dozen times in the last year. If I get into it, I'll fly through those 50. If not, I'd rather not have and extra 95 laying around :)

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
I ordered from them before and had no problems. They even accept paypal.

Apostle

Jun 4, 2004
just recieved my 100 pack today! I ordered the silver matte finish, but got upgraded to the silver shiny for no extra cost because they were out of the matte. Actually, instead of one 100 pack i got 4x25 packs which is nice because I don't have to have all 100 out on my desk all the time. Very nice deal! Good dealer too, I would recommend them. They are my first venture away from newegg and they treated me well, shipping was just a little slow, maybe because of the holiday weekend.

Jtruck

Oct 8, 2002
shop4tech is not real good at taking stuff back. i received the wrong dvd cases and its been well over a week now and i have not heard back from them even after a rep told me that they would be sending me an email with the shipping number to send back.

Imyourzero

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Apostle
just recieved my 100 pack today! I ordered the silver matte finish, but got upgraded to the silver shiny for no extra cost because they were out of the matte. Actually, instead of one 100 pack i got 4x25 packs which is nice because I don't have to have all 100 out on my desk all the time. Very nice deal! Good dealer too, I would recommend them. They are my first venture away from newegg and they treated me well, shipping was just a little slow, maybe because of the holiday weekend.

"Upgraded" to the silver shiny, eh? Well I probably will receive that same "upgrade" since I just placed my order a few days ago, but I wanted the matte because they don't show fingerprints and smudges like the silver shiny do. :(

If I get the silver shiny, I'm tempted to send them back for the matte when they get them back in stock. However, not only does that mean I am out the cost of return shipping, I have to deal with the questionable return service that Jtruck pointed out. Sigh...

severtki

Apr 9, 2003
This deal is still good - and even better. I just ordered 100 pc with the coupon and got free shipping. Total: $45.90!

Thanks for the heads up!

Apostle

Jun 4, 2004
aww, its just some fingerprints! I like the shinny, you can use it as a mirror to pick the popcorn kernls out of your teeth while your loading up your favorite movie. I'm not a clean freak so they don't bother me. The shiny normally sell for $0.68 per disk for 100.