ripjaws 4 ddr4 2400 32gb install, issues now.

elkido122

Jan 10, 2015
i just received my 32gb kit of gskill ddr4 2400 ripjaws 4. after installing it in my msi x99 pro carbon board, i have been noticing my logitech gaming pro mouse having random freezes. can this be related to my ram>? i know it did not happen before putting this ram into my system. thanks

elkido122

Jan 10, 2015
ddr4 2400 xmp on 1.2 cas 15-15-15-35. is there a possibility that the ram is causing mouse cursor freezes

elkido122

Jan 10, 2015
bios up to date yes. i am currently using a samsung 960 evo m.2 nvme. is there a way to check on how well this drives current condition is?

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Try reinstalling USB and mouse drivers. Also -- you say Ripjaws 4 and I reviewed the specs. I use TridentZ 3200's. The first kit of yours that I came across in a web search was a 4x kit. Does the motherboard default to an "Auto" command-rate? If so -- set it to 2. How well did you test the RAM? Download the HCI Memtest-64 program and get the multiple instances running in Windows. that's the quickest way to test with 32GB.

I'm not familiar first-hand with the X99 boards. I could therefore only speculate that they're designed to offer up an "Auto" VCCIO voltage -- sorry -- call that IMC voltage -- that will be adequate on a 4x kit. You'd obviously use a 4x kit with quad-channel-capable processor and mobo. But with G.SKILL -- a kit like that -- you should be able to just stick them in the slots and configure them strictly as "XMP" profile without any custom settings.

Also -- over this last generation or so with my firsthand observations of a Z170 Skylake board, some boards required a BIOS update just so they'd run RAM spec'd as "OC" at the full speed. The first thing to do if you haven't done so: rule out a marginal or failing module.

In my case, with dual-channel and Z170, I wanted to double RAM but didn't want to spend $360 on a 2x16 kit. G.SKILL cannot guarantee full-spec performance with two 2x kits. But it worked fine, all at spec, nevertheless needing an increase at the IMC /VCCIO at CPU clocks above a certain level. For me, it was a matter of increasing the IMC voltage by 0.030V or 30mV.