Question right speaker sounds very different than the left one

zaker

Jun 11, 2019
I have a new genius 2.0 stereo but right speaker has deeper tone sounds stuffed has more bass and simply sounds less clear than the left one and also has a delay about 1s is there any software that would allow me to edit only right channel?

Bold type and large fonts are not necessary for posts.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Was it always this way when new? If so look at what is different between the two speakers. Is it possible that one has the amp in it and a cheap/thin wire to the other speaker that is limiting current?

Is it possible you have turned the volume up too high and damaged out of the drivers?

You could play around with putting a port in it to see how that changes the sound but if the driver is damaged there's no magic EQ software that's going to make it sound right again.

You could just get two new drivers and replace both the L & R so they match, or is it a low cost set that might as well be replaced?

mindless1

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Hmm, the original post has been substantially modified.

$15 set of speakers modification is like polishing a ****, though searching for Genius speakers, they have some 2.0 that are above the $15 quality level.

zaker

Jun 11, 2019
sorry for late answer its genius sp-hf1250b it happens when i play fps game and when i watch movies i dont hear it when the sound is balanced but when i play sound in right speaker and then in the left one you can definitelly tell the difference sorry for my bad english

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Honestly, those aren't exactly what I would call "audiophile speakers". For $15, not by a long shot. Be thankful at that price point that you can actually hear anything at all from both speakers. Bonus if it even has some volume to it.

Get into the $100-150 PC multi-media speaker setups (Labtec, are they still around? And Logitech.) Then we're talking.

I did manage to pick up some, I think Logitech Z337 or something like that. Two 2.0 units and a sub, so really, a 2.1 setup, uses a stereo 3.5" jack for input, has a volume control pod, doesn't sound too bad. Picked them up on DailySteals (back when they were a product-a-day sales site, like Woot!), for like $20 ea. Sometimes you can find them refurb @ Newegg for similar prices. ($20-40)

Those are the best "cheap" speakers that I know of, that have some bit of "punch" to them, and don't sound horrible.

Edit: Something along the lines of these, though I don't know if I got them this exact model.
https://www.newegg.com/p/0S6-003U-000M1?Description=refurbished logitech&cm_re=refurbished_logitech-_-9SIA9SK8P95726-_-Product

For a little more punch, these are 200W (RMS) and THX certified:
https://www.newegg.com/black-logitech-z623-wired/p/N82E16836121092?Description=refurbished logitech&cm_re=refurbished_logitech-_-36-121-092-_-Product

Edit: It might have been these babies, only $23!
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E168361...e=refurbished_logitech-_-36-121-056-_-Product

Last edited:

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Price isn't necessarily a standard to judge audio quality by, I bet the speakers I'm using on this computer (RSL 2.1, probably 15 years old and probably cost $20 or so originally) and when listened near-field (ie, not trying to fill a whole room to nightclub level volumes) are as good or better than most $150 or so systems.

To the OP-it is possible to have wired up your speakers out of phase? That will greatly degrade the audio quality. Alternatively it may be a physical defect in one of the speakers. Play some music very familiar to you (and good quality source CD or FLAC) and use your software to switch L & R channels. If it's physical defect, do you have a warranty (worth pursuing)?

vonwerder

Apr 29, 2011
Check to see if you're out of phase. Plus and minus speaker wires must be hooked up exactly the same. If not that then you may be running one set of wires over/under/around another electronic device and picking up interference. Try moving the speaker wire.

Is it the same problem regardless of audio source selection? If yes then it's likely a power transistor on the amp.

Aspality

Aug 4, 2019
Personally, I'd recommend something like Edifier or Swan studio monitors instead of Logitech or anything in the <$150 price range.
They're just better, Logitech used to be regarded as pretty decent in budget audio but mainly because there was barely any good competition back then, but nowadays there's just so much better options.