100 pack of the DVD-R at amazon for 17.99
Free Shipping if you need something else for 7.01

Link

ncage

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Corporate Thug
how is the quality of these discs?

buddy im assuming they are ok you can't expect the world for $20 for 100.

Nate-X

Golden Member
Oct 2, 2001
I have had 0 problems with Ridata media... I have used both the 8x and 16x.. the only time I had coasters was when the software was at fault.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
This media is supposed to be fairly crappy just fyi. You can do your own research if you want, but theres a reason why its that cheap. :p Get ritek g05's or something. Verbatims or taiyo yudens are also good. Stay clear of these.

ncage

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
Anyone that was scared to order these because of quality i don't think has to worry. I have burned 3 of them tonight in each one of my dvd burners with no quality problems. I have a samsung 18x, and two different models of benq 16x burners and didn't have any issues at all.

Fallengod

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ncage
Anyone that was scared to order these because of quality i don't think has to worry. I have burned 3 of them tonight in each one of my dvd burners with no quality problems. I have a samsung 18x, and two different models of benq 16x burners and didn't have any issues at all.

Theres more to media quality than a successful burn. Theres compatibility with players, how well it plays, and how long it lasts. Theres some media discs that actually fall apart after a year or two. Dye also degrades on low quality discs. These arnt the worst discs, but still, I wouldnt waste my data or money on them. Stick with the stuff experienced users use. Ie. Good riteks, taiyo yudens, and verbatims. Maybe tdk or some other quality dye type.

This is a good site many use to check out dye quality. You need the media code off the discs tho. http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Never fails, an expert comes in and bashes these Ridata disks. Yea, maybe technically they aren't the best, but I speak from experience. I've been using these for 4 years now with no issues and the disks I made 4 years ago play flawlessly on every device I've put them in. I've been though about 5 of these cake packs too.

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
I bought a 50 stack of Office Depot's brand 16X DVD-R for $7.50 a few months ago. Their media id is RitekF1. I'm guessing these may be the same. Anyone check the media id of Amazon's Ritek disks yet? I have no problems with the OD disks burning movies at 16X on my NEC 3540A, but what about degradation over time. Poll at CDFreaks Forum Yeah, it's only a poll and not very scientific, but over at digitalfaq they also had concerns about degradation of these disks.

As soon as another 10% off coupon (Google it) becomes available I'm ordering a 100 stack of these at Shop4tech. DVD-R 4.7G 8X Silver Lacquer (Valueline) by Taiyo Yuden $17. total with a 10% coupon, $10. off Google checkout, and free shipping. I bought a stack of these last year, no coasters, and no degradation.

For those of you who order the Ritek disks from Amazon and need something to reach $25. for free shipping, they have a 100 pack of Fuji multicolor slim CD/DVD jewel cases for $15.74. Link