Richard Spencer Tries To Explain To A Black Journalist Why Slavery Was Good, Fails Miserably

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
lol, ok brah.

Dumb arsed Americans who cannot undestand the simplest things don't get that the majority of the Neo Nazi movement exists only in Eastern Europe/Russia and the US and that in no other western nation do the far right even have a bit of traction.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but the only nation that has a President that says that Nazis are fine people is the US.

Cope.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I always pictured you as somewhat of a native American for some reason, I don't know why. LOL.

Well I am part Cherokee :D

As you may expect a good many people share at most part of their story. Suffice it to say I've been around for one reason or another. Too many Americans don't understand what happens outside their "backyard".

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Dumb arsed Americans who cannot undestand the simplest things don't get that the majority of the Neo Nazi movement exists only in Eastern Europe/Russia and the US and that in no other western nation do the far right even have a bit of traction.

I'm sorry to have to tell you this but the only nation that has a President that says that Nazis are fine people is the US.

Cope.
wtf are you talking about. this has nothing to do with my statement.

u ok tonight? more drunk than the usual?

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
That outcome does not fit with my observations. At best, a behavior is suppressed but an idea is reinforced. Most likely, a behavior is suppressed for a little while but returns again with more conviction. At worst, the person turns to retaliation or anticipatory violence. But maybe that's necessary to eliminate an evil. Keep in mind, the (original) Nazis faced plenty of aggression during their rise to power, but they only got stronger up until the point that they started a war. A war they weren't too far off from winning, and even after their destruction their ideas live on.

Although, sometimes conscientious people say hateful things. If you punch them, they will reform. But I think they'd also reform if you just let them know they were being an asshat and should cut it out.

Not sure I agree with that. At the very least it confuses the issue by mixing up very different situations. The (classic) Nazis, for example, faced remarkably _little_ aggression during their rise to power. Repeatedly the authorities treated them very lightly (e.g. during and after the failed Putsch), and their opponents spent as much time fighting each other as they did the Nazis. They got stronger in good part precisely because they didn't face the level of aggression they merited, including from the allies after they took power in Germany.

Also - and I'm not sure I'm convinced by my own point, because I can sense there are lots of possible responses, but it's an issue that occurs to me - the US and the West have decided to employ violence to change behaviour multiple times recently. A general philosophical idea that violence doesn't change people would seem to be in conflict with all those recent wars. And furthermore in most of them the violence continued into the post-war situation - look what was done to Saddam or Gaddaffi, with the West's approval.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
Well I am part Cherokee :D

As you may expect a good many people share at most part of their story. Suffice it to say I've been around for one reason or another. Too many Americans don't understand what happens outside their "backyard".

This is quite true.

I must have read that you are Cherokee somewhere because I was sure of that. I cannot remember where though and it doesn't seem to be in any thread I've participated in.

Kinda cool though, do you follow any traditions of your people?

J.Wilkins

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2017
wtf are you talking about. this has nothing to do with my statement.

u ok tonight? more drunk than the usual?

Yes, I was drunk on one occasion when posting so obviously now I'm constantly a drunkard just like everyone who has ever been drunk but you.

What the fuck is wrong with you, man?

You seemed sane just a while ago and then for some reason you got it in for me and now you are one of three people who just cannot keep on topic but constantly throws insults my way.

Was it something I said? Did it hurt a lot?

Get the fuck over yourself, you mean nothing to me and if I insulted you then there was a reason for it, understand that, get over it or ask questions but don't drag it along into every fucking thread.

It's boring and unproductive, much like what being you must be like.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
This is quite true.

I must have read that you are Cherokee somewhere because I was sure of that. I cannot remember where though and it doesn't seem to be in any thread I've participated in.

Kinda cool though, do you follow any traditions of your people?

I am so far removed from the culture it's not funny. I know the history of my family but we were absorbed into the mainstream after the Trail of Tears because it was that or be impoverished. It was a largely successful genocide.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Yes, I was drunk on one occasion when posting so obviously now I'm constantly a drunkard just like everyone who has ever been drunk but you.

You seemed sane just a while ago and then for some reason you got it in for me and now you are one of three people who just cannot keep on topic but constantly throws insults my way.

Get the fuck over yourself, you mean nothing to me and if I insulted you then there was a reason for it, understand that, get over it or ask questions but don't drag it along into every fucking thread.

you rant, thats it. and apprently dont read. then proceed to insult anyone who dare disagree.

i dont "have it in" for anyone.

paranoid much?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
I am so far removed from the culture it's not funny. I know the history of my family but we were absorbed into the mainstream after the Trail of Tears because it was that or be impoverished. It was a largely successful genocide.
Yeah, it wasn't just "assimilate or be destroyed", it was "be destroyed" with a few people missed. Shameful period in our history, but then, every nation's history is full of them. Hell, ask the Cherokee and Creek elders what happened to the Tsoyah.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Yeah, it wasn't just "assimilate or be destroyed", it was "be destroyed" with a few people missed. Shameful period in our history, but then, every nation's history is full of them. Hell, ask the Cherokee and Creek elders what happened to the Tsoyah.

Shameful history, indeed. Lionized though, by the current dickscarf in chief:

andrew-jackson3.jpg.size-custom-crop.1086x0.jpg

I'm pretty sure that is Orange Cheetoh just realizing that the Aussie PM hung up on him 10 minutes ago.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
The US may have initially benefited from having a cheap slave labor force, but it damned our souls just like it did to every other society that has or does enslave others. That we abandoned the practice and have progressed to a society where blacks have equal rights is only the start of making things right. I don't believe any "quota" systems will ever work, but if we can get to the point where color is ignored and each individual is judged on the content of their own character then we will have made a good start. That is where the real work on equality has to be done: in our hearts and minds.

Richard Spencer is an asshat and I hope his 15 minutes of fame run out soon.

Mar 11, 2004
No they don't, the only place where you have majority racist populations is in Eastern Europe and the US.

100% straight up bullshit. If that were the case Europe wouldn't be freaking out about the successes (or closer than comfortable failures) in politics of right wing groups in Greece, France (which because of you dumb fuckwit UKers and Brexit, followed by dumbass - its ass not arse you fucking wonky talking dipshits - Americans voting Trump/Republican, is probably what got French voters out in force to keep Le Pen out), Germany (which has always said they've had an issue with Nazis, but they've also done a lot to marginalize them, but its not like they're some bastion of progressivism they did just finally legalize gay marriage after all), and now Austria.

Cope.

See above. That might be true, but that's also a gross simplification. Meanwhile you're trying to post up false equivalencies between right wing groups and anarchists (the latter of which has massively less political clout around the world) and ignore that right wing support is growing in Europe, and not just in the old Eastern Block.

Talk about needing to get over yourself. You've been spouting bullshit all over. You sure as shit act like you're drunk. You're blathering like a fucking imbecile and attacking people because you're struggling to comprehend them. You might not be slurring your writing, but you sure as shit are slurring the thoughts your writing is putting forth. Its better to think you're drunk than you're that stupid. But you're certainly building the case that you might be as you're starting to get consistent in not understanding shit, and then going apeshit, and then textually flinging shit in response to it. Surprised you're not going off the rails about antifa yet again. You remind me of some of the people that voted for Trump and trying to rationalize it by forcing bullshit false equivalencies to try and absolve yourself of guilt for knowingly fucking over your fellow people.

Since it needs to be explained what his post actually was talking about since you're obviously being too fucking obtuse to even try to comprehend it. The European (predominantly white Christian) settlers of America are the ones that subjugated the various tribes and then shipped in people from Africa to subjugate. Also, if you'd pull your head out of your ass, you'd realize that Spencer is trying to claim to be some pure European (claiming he's more European than black people born and living their whole lives in Europe) that feels he can say that because he's white. And its also the way he tries to justify his fucked up belief (which I don't think he really believes, he's just throwing shit out to try and make it seem like a rational argument) that black slaves are better off because they got to live in America versus Africa (and thus, their descendants are even better off).

So, in short, white Christian saying that the people his forebears subjugated were better off being subjugated because they got to live under some alleged utopia. He was saying Spencer doing that is so monumentally intellectually and morally reprehensible that he can go fuck himself.

Last edited:

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
The US may have initially benefited from having a cheap slave labor force, but it damned our souls just like it did to every other society that has or does enslave others. That we abandoned the practice and have progressed to a society where blacks have equal rights is only the start of making things right. I don't believe any "quota" systems will ever work, but if we can get to the point where color is ignored and each individual is judged on the content of their own character then we will have made a good start. That is where the real work on equality has to be done: in our hearts and minds.

Richard Spencer is an asshat and I hope his 15 minutes of fame run out soon.

As long as the Left and the MSM can get some mileage out of making him the boogeyman and the stereotype of Trump supporters, Richard Spencer and his ilk are here to stay.

Feb 16, 2005
As long as the Left and the MSM can get some mileage out of making him the boogeyman and the stereotype of Trump supporters, Richard Spencer and his ilk are here to stay.
you poor, poor downtrodden people. So the examples of the drumpf supporters at the rallies is not accurate, if so
Trump-2016-Fuck-your-feelings-720x480.jpg

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004

you poor, poor downtrodden people. So the examples of the drumpf supporters at the rallies is not accurate, if so
Trump-2016-Fuck-your-feelings-720x480.jpg

What I was trying to say, and what *I think* brandonbull was trying to say, is that we shouldn't judge an entire group based on the negative actions of a few. Most of us preach that but are quick to do the exact opposite if it is politically expedient.

It took a lot more votes to put Trump in office than the number of people we saw acting like idiots at Trump rallies. Just like the entire black population isn't represented by those who shot cops or rioted at Black Lives Matter protests.

Stereotypes exist because the bad actions of a few often stand out over the decent actions of the majority, but we must do our best to acknowledge the truth that most human beings are good people.

Feb 16, 2005
What I was trying to say, and what *I think* brandonbull was trying to say, is that we shouldn't judge an entire group based on the negative actions of a few. Most of us preach that but are quick to do the exact opposite if it is politically expedient.

It took a lot more votes to put Trump in office than the number of people we saw acting like idiots at Trump rallies. Just like the entire black population isn't represented by those who shot cops or rioted at Black Lives Matter protests.
please point me to a rational reasonable drumpf supporter. someone who believes in science, who has integrity, who walks the walk and doesn't just practice do as I say, not as I do. I think that's the drumpf's mantra anyway.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
These guys are nothingburger losers being promoted and used as a symbol for all Trump supporters by the Left and the MSM. Just another way the Libtards bully and coerce people into supporting them. A binary label,Nazi or not a nazi, is created and then the Left delivers the propaganda about "Trump is supported by Nazis and you support Trump therefore you are a Nazi unless you stop supporting Trump and the GOP.".
Oh Brandon we don’t think you are nazi. We just think you are complicit since you’ll refuse to hold him responsible.

Just like how all the evangelicals (well most) in Alabama who are going to vote for Moore are going to be complicit in his crimes by failing to hold him responsible.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
please point me to a rational reasonable drumpf supporter. someone who believes in science, who has integrity, who walks the walk and doesn't just practice do as I say, not as I do. I think that's the drumpf's mantra anyway.
Please don't give me homework to prove how asinine your claim is.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I guess the easiest way to solve this strange persons remarks are with a national poll and ask all the black Americans if they would rather be here than in whatever African country their ancestors came from?

You're about 150 years late with that idea...the time to try to re-patriot the slaves would have been at the end of the civil war...and high cost of that...both financially and socially...would have been prohibitive.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Ah the party of personal reponsability strikes again. Its the medias fault!! Try its the fault of Republican leadership to get as angry with his type as Trump gets about black NFL players. You should be loudly angrily denouncing their type instead of winking and nodding.

You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

brandonbull

Diamond Member
May 3, 2005
Ah the party of personal reponsability strikes again. Its the medias fault!! Try its the fault of Republican leadership to get as angry with his type as Trump gets about black NFL players. You should be loudly angrily denouncing their type instead of winking and nodding.

You have nobody to blame but yourselves.

If you have to continuously lie and misrepresent information to support your position, it's not a very good one. Trump said NFL players not Black NFL Players. I seem to remember non black players kneeling. Does Aaron Rodgers ring a bell? Dude is kind of a big deal in the world of the NFL. I'm sure you enjoying watching him alley oop home runs to Jordy Nelson during the Super Bowl on Saturdays. Is it that hard to be honest with what happened? I guess deep down you know that Trump was only talking about Black players.

http://www.businessinsider.com/aaron-rodgers-kneeling-national-anthem-trump-nfl-protest-2017-9