Rich Seattle couple receive more than $1,200 in welfare money

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
What I would like to find out is if they are Republican or Democrat.

Anyone in the Seattle area know?

Is this typical of the Seattle rich?

I am not surprised by this at all. The rich find all kinds of ways to get richer at the expense of others.

12-5-2011

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sidesho...ient-lives-million-dollar-home-161252749.html

Seattle welfare recipient lives in million-dollar home

A Seattle woman who is receiving welfare assistance from Washington state also happens to live in a waterfront house on Lake Washington worth more than a million dollars.

Federal agents raided the home this weekend but have not released the woman or her husband's name because they have not officially been charged with a crime.

However, federal documents obtained by KING 5 News show the couple currently receives more than $1,200 a month in public housing vouchers, plus state and government disability checks and food stamps. They have been receiving the benefits since 2003.

The 2,500 square-foot home, which includes gardens and a boat dock, is valued at $1.2 million. And even though the couple has been receiving the benefits for nearly 10 years, records show that they accurately listed the address of their current home when applying for the state and federal benefits.

As if the million dollar home weren't enough, the supposedly low-income couple also gave money to various charities and traveled around the world to locales in Turkey, Tel Aviv and resort towns in Mexico, according to court records.

DucatiMonster696

Diamond Member
Aug 13, 2009
Add this to the evidence pile of just how broken, corrupt and wasteful big government social payments systems end up becoming in the long run.

davmat787

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2010
Why does it matter to you if they are Republican or Democrat? What would that change? :rolleyes:

Seattle is very liberal if that means anything to you.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Here you go attacking wonderful programs that bring people out of poverty. You republicans are all alike. :p

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
They will get them for fraud eventually. Little people unlike bankers go to jail. Bing self employed for 10 years and dealing with 100's of other self employed peoples I can tell you there are a multitude of frauds going on.

One guy a trim carpenter and his brother co owned a business. One would work six months, the other the other six - of course they both always worked but that's how they worked the system w2 wise and collected unemploymenyt welfare/housing assitance, food stamps etc the other six months of the year. Nice boost to their income.

Now you know why I always say there should be a 40 hr week requirment for welfare. Do you think these millionaires would bother if they had to show up 40 hrs somewhere? Same with drug dealers, protitutes, under the table fraudsters etc. Hell no.

Last edited:

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
They will get them for fraud eventually. Little people unlike bankers go to jail. Bing self employed for 10 years and dealing with 100's of other self employed peoples I can tell you there are a multitude of frauds going on.

One guy a trim carpenter and his brother co owned a business. One would work six months, the other the other six - of course they both always worked but that's how they worked the system w2 wise and collected unemploymenyt welfare/housing assitance, food stamps etc the other six months of the year. Nice boost to their income.

Now you know why I always say there should be a 40 hr week requirment for welfare. Do you think these millionaires would bother if they had to show up 40 hrs somewhere? Same with drug dealers, protitutes, under the table fraudsters etc. Hell no.

Yep, if they want to live in million dollar mansions on taxpayer dime, they need to get off welfare and into banking.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
LOL indeed. A lot more than a million too but eight figures in the Hamptons off tax payers dime.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
really? They had to spend money raiding the home over $1200? WTF is that about? Just send her a fucking bill.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Zebo How can that carpenter hide that much money? Are they only doing work for cash? No one is getting receipts?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Zebo How can that carpenter hide that much money? Are they only doing work for cash? No one is getting receipts?

What do you mean hide? The whole purpose is not to hide it so you get time/vested for the benefits.

You take out loans from business when you're "not working". When working, You pay yourself twice normal rate so you get maximum unemployment. You do everything on the up and up paperwork wise. Your mom really owns the business so their is no impropriety about shareholders.

BTW - I don't advise this at all. It's fraud and handcuffs and PMITA prison all for an xtra 20-25k a year. No thanks.

Last edited:

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
really? They had to spend money raiding the home over $1200? WTF is that about? Just send her a fucking bill.

Due process and evidence collection. They going to jail, don't worry.

Feb 10, 2000
I am a registered Democrat but even I find it hilarious that anyone (including Dave) would see welfare fraud (which occurred by exploiting the relatively hands-off rules of WA's public assistance programs) as some kind of Republican conspiracy.

If we are going to draw political conclusions from this (and I think it's appropriate to do so), this is an example of the pitfalls of open-ended entitlement programs. I think it's pretty much always a bad idea to allow people to receive social welfare benefits over the long term, particularly without fairly tight scrutiny. It's humiliating and harmful for the recipients, and costly for those of us who work for a living. This case is just a symptom of the larger illness that is the stupidly, unthinkingly generous social welfare programs implemented in many states.

As a related digression, my own state, Minnesota, has relatively generous public assistance benefits and is about as politically liberal as they come, yet we have the largest disparity in unemployment percentages between white people and black people of any state in the US. This is NOT a function of latent racism (which certainly exists but which is less prevalent here than most places) - it is a function of creating a regime under which poor people are effectively given an incentive not to seek employment. It's stupid, and has largely destroyed the black middle class here. Liberal welfare programs have made our black citizens a permanent underclass.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
What do you mean hide? The whole purpose is not to hide it so you get time/vested for the benefits.

You take out loans from business when you're "not working". When working, You pay yourself twice normal rate so you get maximum unemployment. You do everything on the up and up paperwork wise. Your mom really owns the business so their is no impropriety about shareholders.

BTW - I don't advise this at all. It's fraud and handcuffs and PMITA prison all for an xtra 20-25k a year. No thanks.

Zebo knows what's up. The union contractors I've worked with do this shit all the time. Guys who make 100k+ in 8 months and collect social service benefits the other 4.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
I am a registered Democrat but even I find it hilarious that anyone (including Dave) would see welfare fraud (which occurred by exploiting the relatively hands-off rules of WA's public assistance programs) as some kind of Republican conspiracy.

If we are going to draw political conclusions from this (and I think it's appropriate to do so), this is an example of the pitfalls of open-ended entitlement programs. I think it's pretty much always a bad idea to allow people to receive social welfare benefits over the long term, particularly without fairly tight scrutiny. It's humiliating and harmful for the recipients, and costly for those of us who work for a living. This case is just a symptom of the larger illness that is the stupidly, unthinkingly generous social welfare programs implemented in many states.

As a related digression, my own state, Minnesota, has relatively generous public assistance benefits and is about as politically liberal as they come, yet we have the largest disparity in unemployment percentages between white people and black people of any state in the US. This is NOT a function of latent racism (which certainly exists but which is less prevalent here than most places) - it is a function of creating a regime under which poor people are effectively given an incentive not to seek employment. It's stupid, and has largely destroyed the black middle class here. Liberal welfare programs have made our black citizens a permanent underclass.

I'm on board with this line of thinking 100%. I don't mind social welfare but needs to be more like FDR's jobs core programs. Warehousing people is a waste of life.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
You know this house could be owned by their parents. By a shell corporation in the Bahamas. They could at first glance have zero income zero assets. But house raids have a way of finding things. There is an IRS clause about "obvious net worth" as well so they they could be charged with tax evasion living large with zero income.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Couldnt they just claim they are house sitting if that is the case?

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Couldnt they just claim they are house sitting if that is the case?

They can claim anything they want whether it's believable is another story. From the sound of their lifestyle, lifestyles of the rich and famous, no chance.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
They can claim anything they want whether it's believable is another story. From the sound of their lifestyle, lifestyles of the rich and famous, no chance.

But if they are truly rich why would they commit fraud over a lolworthy $1200? I would piss $1200 in a week easy

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
But if they are truly rich why would they commit fraud over a lolworthy $1200? I would piss $1200 in a week easy

I know multi millionaires that 1099 employees to save 20% of employees wage which is a hell of a lot less than $1200. Greedy idiots.

I[ve seen them go away in hand cuff too.

Way it usually happens is an injury - personal injury lawyer goes to hospital and starts asking questions. Sure enough no workman's comp no SS - lawyer calls IRS, state board of labor and shit hits the fan. Idiots.