RIAA's hit list compiled on Kazaa??

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

apac

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2003
OK just a heads up to everyone. You're perfectly safe if you use a program like Peer Guardian. It blocks any P2P IP traces, so when one of those RIAA bastards notices you're sharing 10 million mp3s, he can't do jack sh!t because he can't get your IP through kazaa.

JackBurton

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: GoodToGo
Originally posted by: Anubis
Kazaa@Kazaa
kazaa1@Kazaa
kazaaliteuser@Kazaa
kazaaliteuser@Kazaa
kazaaliteuser@Kazaa

o no should I be scared along with the 10 billion other peopel that use the default name?

good luck tracking them down morons

Err, RIAA will have your IP as well, so good luck dodging that one.
Err, with the new court ruling they are going to have to spend ALOT more money to go after people. As of now, IP doesn't necessarily mean subpoena. :)

I am laughing at the RIAA now! Scare tactics is the best they can do now. :)

Slickone

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 1999
Originally posted by: apac
OK just a heads up to everyone. You're perfectly safe if you use a program like Peer Guardian. It blocks any P2P IP traces, so when one of those RIAA bastards notices you're sharing 10 million mp3s, he can't do jack sh!t because he can't get your IP through kazaa.
Doesn't/didn't Kazaa Lite ++ do that too?

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Dial-up users get different IPs all the time... how're they gonna get tracked ? THat's an awful lot of homework to do to track them down.

arcenite

Lifer
Dec 9, 2001
Originally posted by: apac

Peer guardian takes up 100% CPU Resources and 40mb of memory.. I'll pass..

Bill

r6ashih

May 29, 2003
Dial-up wont save you... internet services have CALLER ID and track who gets what IP and have a log of it.