RIAA's hit list compiled on Kazaa??

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Maybe they put in a Real Name to fake it? How do you know it's their REAL name? Morons yourself!

Joker81

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2000
ip spoofing wont work because you have to be on the same network and the packets wont get to you. so you won't get mp3s

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
Originally posted by: Playa7926
lilsexmachine6t9@Kazaa - haha prolly some little boy thats gonna get something in the mail and his parents are gonna be like WTF (bout the name)

Whoa! I was going to use that nic, but it was taken. Good thing, huh?

CraigRT

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
Originally posted by: shabby
OMG im on the list kazaaliteuser@Kazaa, what do i do?!? What do i do?!?
Oh wait im in canada, screw the riaa :D

i'm canadian too.. yippy skippy!

silverpig

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: CraigRT

Heh, maybe I should re-install kazaa with the username fvcktheRIAA@kazaalite.tk and share my entire music folder without using any of those IP banning lists :)

bo0

Dec 3, 2003
Holy sh1t! i'm on the list. checked the username again on the riaa database and it wasn't me. Different ISP and wrong ip address. I used kazaa a year ago and the Alleged infringement date was in August this year. Whew! Thank god for my friend on teaching me how to use IRC:)

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: bo0
Holy sh1t! i'm on the list. checked the username again on the riaa database and it wasn't me. Different ISP and wrong ip address. I used kazaa a year ago and the Alleged infringement date was in August this year. Whew! Thank god for my friend on teaching me how to use IRC:)

how stupid do you have to be to type your IP into that box, they prolly send it to Lars

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Schadenfroh
Originally posted by: bo0

how stupid do you have to be to type your IP into that box, they prolly send it to Lars

Agreed! And talk about a dead old thread.

jurzdevil

Golden Member
Feb 3, 2002
whats the status of the countersuit against the RIAA for using kazaa lite to access the network?

i thought all of the other cases were going to be thrown out and overturned.

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
I'm in Europe and I have dynamic IP, so this RIAA/MPAA/whatever-sues-me-because-they-know-my-IP thingy wouldn't work.
Some people are still dumb enough to share illegal content in the US on fix. IP using KaZaA original. Wow.

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: Joker81
ip spoofing wont work because you have to be on the same network and the packets wont get to you. so you won't get mp3s

But using anonymous proxy servers will. I doubt very seriously if they are going to chase people through them.

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Vaerilis
I'm in Europe and I have dynamic IP, so this RIAA/MPAA/whatever-sues-me-because-they-know-my-IP thingy wouldn't work.
Some people are still dumb enough to share illegal content in the US on fix. IP using KaZaA original. Wow.

LOL! YOu're kidding right?

ISP's are required by law to keep records of IP assignments for quite a few years.

<---points and laughs

freegeeks

Diamond Member
May 7, 2001

Wow

you don't have an idea what you are talking about

Have you ever heard of RADIUS

if you have a dynamic IP address you are doing some sort of authentification. This means that in the radius logs your ISP knows exactly what IP was given to a certain customer at what time and for how long. Believe me, if they have your IP, they know who you are

ps: I'm a backbone engineer for a telco / ISP

nmcglennon

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2002
They go after only the highest downloaders correct?

I have been downloading 1 or 2 songs a day, but on different computers (on different networks), and I don't share the files...

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
Originally posted by: silverpig
Originally posted by: CraigRT

Heh, maybe I should re-install kazaa with the username fvcktheRIAA@kazaalite.tk and share my entire music folder without using any of those IP banning lists :)

Can't you spoof your ip addy? How about making up fake files like the riaa does to thwart their efforts?

bandana163

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2003
Provocational post succeeded :)

Seriously, why would anyone want to share GBs of music on Kazaa in the US?
At least use an effective stealth method or an anon. proxy. If you do something, do it right or don't even start.
By the way, why are there so few cases? There could be thousands.
It all seems so childish. 3 million users = a hundred or two sharing MP3s?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
The list is probably the big boys that are acting as psuedo type servers.

TheCorm

Diamond Member
Nov 5, 2000
Originally posted by: freegeeks

Wow

you don't have an idea what you are talking about

Have you ever heard of RADIUS

if you have a dynamic IP address you are doing some sort of authentification. This means that in the radius logs your ISP knows exactly what IP was given to a certain customer at what time and for how long. Believe me, if they have your IP, they know who you are

ps: I'm a backbone engineer for a telco / ISP

You are right on the IP front but like he says, he lives in Europe, as do I.

bsmithy

Oct 24, 2003
what about sharing millions mp3's of you singing with rediculous bandwidth

then when they find you you can be all "ahahahaha, dumass mofo's" :)

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Hahaha, kazaaliteuser@Kazaa. Which one?