RGIII sins.

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...12/13/rob-parker-on-rgiiis-blackness/?print=1

BRISTOL, Conn. (CBSDC) –Robert Griffin III might be the NFL’s offensive rookie of the year in a season that has his Redskins competing for the NFC East. But even with all his accomplishments on the field, one ESPN commentator thinks the former Heisman Trophy winner could be a “cornball brother” because of his white fiancée and speculation of the quarterback’s political leanings.

Rob Parker, a contributor for ESPN’s “First Take” morning show, questioned Griffin’s standing as a black man, asking whether the quarterback was a “cornball brother,” and later saying that the black quarterback is “not one of us.”

“He’s black, he kind of does his thing, but he’s not really down with the cause; he’s not one of us,” Parker said this morning. “He’s kind of black, but he’s not really the kind of guy you want to hang out with cause he’s off to something else.”

During the “First Take” segment, Parker pointed out Griffin’s engagement to his white fiancée, Rebecca Liddicoat. Parker also speculated that the Redskins quarterback might be a Republican, but that Griffin’s braids added to the “authenticity” of being black.

“I want to find about him,” Parker said about the rookie quarterback. “I don’t know because I keep hearing these things. We all know he has a white fiance. Then there was all this talk about him being a Republican, which there’s no information at all. I’m just trying to dig deeper into why he has an issue.”

At the end of the segment, Parker said that this was the type of talk about Griffin that is being brought up in the barbershops.

"Cornball Brother", "We all know he has a white fiancee," "There was all this talk about he’s a Republican..."

hee hee. What the H is a cornball brother? If water buffalo can be construed as a racial slur at the University of Pennsylvania, I can certainly see how cornball brother can be.

Anyway, this RGIII better know into which group he really fits. Pay homage, or pay the price.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I can only imagine the outrage if a white commentator had said similar things. He'd be tarred and feathered, fired and would probably never work in media again.

This clown Parker is obviously a racist, he's one of the morons that thinks there's a certain way you have to act and think in order to "be black". Racist idiot.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
oh moved to p&n

i agree if a white man said it he would be fired. and WTF is this idea you need to be "black enough"?

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
I can only imagine the outrage if a white commentator had said similar things. He'd be tarred and feathered, fired and would probably never work in media again.

This clown Parker is obviously a racist, he's one of the morons that thinks there's a certain way you have to act and think in order to "be black". Racist idiot.

Dude, I wouldn't even try it. We both know the shoe never quite makes it to the other foot. Bober's thread is proof enough of that.

Nov 29, 2006
Yes because a black media commentator is a "real black" down with the cause LOL

WTF

This commentator should be not allowed to comment ever again.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...12/13/rob-parker-on-rgiiis-blackness/?print=1

"Cornball Brother", "We all know he has a white fiancee," "There was all this talk about he’s a Republican..."

hee hee. What the H is a cornball brother? If water buffalo can be construed as a racial slur at the University of Pennsylvania, I can certainly see how cornball brother can be.

Anyway, this RGIII better know into which group he really fits. Pay homage, or pay the price.

see...see...see...see... those people do it too!!! Your concern for the eradication of racism is touching.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
ESPN suspended the moron "indefinitely"... glad to see ESPN take the right steps. That idiot should not have any public platform to spew his racism and stupidity.

Apr 27, 2012
Nice to see some liberal intolerance, this is typical of them, they think black people are stupid and should vote democrat and this guy thinks for himself and suddenly he is not one of them

Pocatello

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
ESPN execs wanted the show to be controversial, a lot of baiting and trash talking, and they're surprised by this? They wanted garbage, they got garbage.

SheHateMe

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2012
I've been accused of not being "black enough" a few times. However, I have never heard anyone call me a "cornball" sister.

Don't get confused by this ESPN guy, the "Cornball brother" thing is totally some shit he just thought up.

Nintendesert

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2010
I've been accused of not being "black enough" a few times. However, I have never heard anyone call me a "cornball" sister.

Don't get confused by this ESPN guy, the "Cornball brother" thing is totally some shit he just thought up.

I'm thinking it's his euphemism because he's a coward and didn't want to use the usual terms.

Nov 8, 2012

You can thank liberals for the safety net of black people preaching anything - while white people are like "Oh shit, not going there" (Example: The Truth) :rolleyes:

Asian people have the highest IQ: LOL YEAH THEY R NERDS!!!
Black people have the lowest IQ: RACIST RACIST RACIST NOT TRUE LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA I'M NOT LISTENING!