Revised Sandy Bridge boards coming in on March 3rd!

996GT2

Diamond Member
Jun 23, 2005
Just got an email from Micro Center today:

An important announcement regarding your Intel I7 2600K, I7 2600, I5 2500K, or I5 2400 Processor (“Sandy Bridge”) motherboard purchase.

Beginning March 3rd, we will start to receive inventory from several manufacturers for the next 2-3 weeks. Inventory however will be limited until early April. We wanted you to be one of the first to know.

There are several options open to you. So that we may better serve you, please complete a very short questionnaire concerning which options you prefer. After completing the questionnaire you will be taken to a page with further details. See your local Micro Center store with questions.

Thank you for your business and your patience through this extremely rare situation.

Please click the link below to be taken to the questionnaire.

Your Micro Center Team

The options listed were:

1) Return board to Micro Center for full refund
2) Return board to Micro Center and exchange for revised board or another board (pay the difference if the new board you want costs more)
3) Direct exchange with manufacturer

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
wrong forum?

nope...pretty big thread here for all of the Microcenter Sandy Bridge purchases on launch day....

OP could have posted this in that thread, but a separate one is fine...

I took the survey and said I would like a new board ASAP but I would be willing to wait until April 15th if I were to receive a $25 gift card...

mnemonic

Mar 1, 2011
Glad to have the new boards here, but since I'm not using the affected ports, I'll probably just have ASUS mail me a new board and mail the old one back to them, since microcenter is kind of a far drive from my house.

Markfw

Moderator Emeritus, Elite Member
May 16, 2002
It's great news! I also took the quiz and said I would wait until May 15th but still, this is a thread about motherboards in a CPU subforum. Just sayin..

That may be true...

But for all of us with CPU's that have a system problem and got screwed by this bug, I think its close enough.

But normally, you would have been right.

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Revised Biostar board being shipped to me via Next Day Air (Advanced RMA from Newegg) today. Pre-paid UPS label generated. Newegg service is top notch.

:biggrin:

IntelEnthusiast

Intel Representative
Feb 10, 2011
Yes, The H67 and P67 chipsets with the “B3” (the fix) are available now. Some motherboard manufacturers already have their new boards at the resellers. We expect that you will be able to find some Intel H67 and P67 boards at the resellers by mid-March. Intel is working hard to ensure that we meet the demand for chipsets and boards as quickly as possible, but at the beginning understand there may be some shortages as we work to get enough boards out.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Hogan773

Nov 2, 2010
when are Z68 mobos going to be available? I want the story from the inside, man. I need to make a decision.

dpodblood

Diamond Member
May 20, 2010
Yes I have seen the MSI boards have made their way back to NCIX already, and a Biostar board on Newegg. Too bad I don't have the money yet. Soooo looking forward to this upgrade. :D

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Yes I have seen the MSI boards have made their way back to NCIX already, and a Biostar board on Newegg. Too bad I don't have the money yet. Soooo looking forward to this upgrade. :D

A few MSI boards on Newegg now.

sticks435

Jun 30, 2008
What will Z68 bring with it ? A 2700k ? Or a whole new CPU tech.. ,, 8 core 16 threads. 50mb L3 Cache
Being able to overclock the CPU and the Integrated GPU at the same time. That's it on release as far as anyone knows. Possibly automatic graphics switching, and on down the line, SSD caching.

Infrnl

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2007
I got the initial email from MC about the problem, but nothing yet about replacement options. Will wait a bit longer before I call them.

slag

Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I got the initial email from MC about the problem, but nothing yet about replacement options. Will wait a bit longer before I call them.

Ditto. I used their online chat yesterday and the rep said to just bring the old board in and swap it out with a new one and pay the price difference. Problem is, my new board has been OOS since March 3rd at my local microcenter and I use my computer daily. I also got a combo deal on my board and the price of the new B3 board is higher. I don't think I should have to pay a price difference for the same board model number with just the SATA fix in place, but their wording says differently.

Drsignguy

Platinum Member
Mar 24, 2002
Ditto. I used their online chat yesterday and the rep said to just bring the old board in and swap it out with a new one and pay the price difference. Problem is, my new board has been OOS since March 3rd at my local microcenter and I use my computer daily. I also got a combo deal on my board and the price of the new B3 board is higher. I don't think I should have to pay a price difference for the same board model number with just the SATA fix in place, but their wording says differently.

I too purchased the combo deal and I feel the same as you about the difference in price. But I have been going to my local MC for quite some time and from my past experiences, they have worked with me very well on other purchases so, I hope they can work with me on this one. I can see paying the difference in price IF you upgrade but when you do a simple exchange with the same board specs, I cant see the justification in it.

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999

Bait and switch.

Totally illegal and I'd tell them as much.

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003

How are they calculating the price of the board if you got a combo discount for it to determine the difference in price?

This makes no sense....

Edit: Or is the difference between the non-discount price back then and the price of the board now? I guess that would make sense but is still BS...

Last edited: