Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 69 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waffleironhead

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
If you fed a cow gold it would cost one billion dollars a year to keep.

You think 2100 bucks is a lot of money?
Do yourself a favor. Only go to the grocery store for a year.
No McDonalds. No Applebees. No pizza hut. Just eat from a grocery store, nothing else.
KEEP EVERY RECEIPT!! Total them up at the end of the year.

How much did you spend?
Cmon Shorty who eats at mcdonads, applebees, or pizzahut? :D

My point is $2100 is a lot of money...for hay. You can feed like 5 cows a year on that if you have no pasture, 10 or more if you do.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I heard we have ticks here now, don't know if that property has them or if it's possible to test for that, but if I can confirm there is, I'll want to get lots of chickens and roosters. Just let them multiply.

The coyotes and other predators would appreciate that.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
The coyotes and other predators would appreciate that.

Yeah I'd have to make sure some of them are very well fenced in but I'd let some loose too. Ideally though I should probably do this with more "natural" species that are known to kill ticks. I don't know if it's a good idea letting go of "domesticated" chickens.

Was also reading up on types of plants that repell ticks, that might be a better way to go too. I'd have to do more research either way to make sure I'm not spreading an invasive species around or something whether it's animal or plant.

Or just do bush work in very late fall when it's colder out and suitable for pants and long sleeves.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
So that property I bought is officially mine as of today. I was busy doing work around the yard so I totally forgot about it until now. I don't know what I'm getting myself into when I hardly have time to do the stuff I want at my main house lol. But my goal really was to secure something as land like this is getting harder to find.

Already picked up 2 IBC totes off FB marketplace the other day. May as well start buying stuff that I know I will eventually need.

At some point I need to EV convert my truck to save on gas. I need to build a garage and all the infrastructure first though, then actually learn to work on vehicles... so won't be any time soon. :p By then maybe there will be an affordable EV truck on the market.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
So that property I bought is officially mine as of today. I was busy doing work around the yard so I totally forgot about it until now. I don't know what I'm getting myself into when I hardly have time to do the stuff I want at my main house lol. But my goal really was to secure something as land like this is getting harder to find.

Already picked up 2 IBC totes off FB marketplace the other day. May as well start buying stuff that I know I will eventually need.

At some point I need to EV convert my truck to save on gas. I need to build a garage and all the infrastructure first though, then actually learn to work on vehicles... so won't be any time soon. :p By then maybe there will be an affordable EV truck on the market.

Gonna use those IBC things to dissolve the bodies?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I GOT A HAIRCUT!

First time since May 2017.

The hippie has left the building. (again)

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Well...you know...before I drive ~3000 miles, I wanna know what I'm getting myself in to...(or who)

Bojangles

Buttermilk_Biscuits_Pin-683x1024.png

Now I want breakfast food dangnit! :p

Reactions: highland145