Reverse first-world problems: What *good* thing happened to you today?

Page 22 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I got brand new hot weather combat boots awhile ago, but they were a bit too small. I couldn't pass them up for $12. I figured if they wouldn't work, I'd keep the laces, and donate them back. Well, I got to try them out today, and they'll work. A little snug, but not terrible, and they still have some breaking in to do. I'm happy with the purchase :^)

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Fixed my solar clothes dryer today!

IMG_20180422_094218.jpg

Stealth brag post?

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
After sitting idle for about 5 months over the winter my ancient, decrepit, broken-down, held together with wire and duct tape lawnmower started on the very first pull.

Reactions: highland145

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I just randomly remembered about the points on my credit card. I have yet to redeem any since I got the card.

Just got myself $600 worth of Home Depot gift cards. Almost had enough for $700 but not quite.

Looks like I might be building a deck this year. :p

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Gotta drive into Boston this morning to pick up my passport, but on the bright side I get to stop by El Pelon for one of their kick-ass burritos! I might also stop by Mike's Pastry for a few cannoli, but finding parking really sucks over there.

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Just had one the other day, they are ridiculous lol

Their gelato is also pretty good, but I'll just buy maybe three of four cannoli if I go.

I can already taste the burrito. If you've never had one, you should totally stop by if you can - the El Guapo is their signature burrito. I think it's the fried plantains that really put it over the top, and the crema.

img_7543.jpg

Reactions: Kaido

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Scored a pistol belt + suspenders today for $20 at goodwill. It had four(!) canteens, one of which has the stainless cup, two magazine pouches, and a small pack. I don't need that many canteens, but I can give one to the boss or something. Still trying to decide if it'll be my light belt, or a replacement for the one I'm using. The belt I currently use was a prototype from the 80s, and I'm not real thrilled with the buckle. I'll have to check it out closer. All of it is in very good - new condition.

Oh, and aldi had prepacked quinoa salad for $2/each. I like them for lunch, and it's $1.50 cheaper than I pay at wegmans. It was a good day :^)

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Their gelato is also pretty good, but I'll just buy maybe three of four cannoli if I go.

What amazes me is the lack of quality that exists in the world today. The difference between making, say, a meh cannoli and an absolutely incredible cannoli isn't really all that much in terms of the procedure (and we don't lack procedures/recipes these days, thanks to Google/Youtube/Pinterest/etc.), and yet most people never get exposure to really great food. That's what I've been on the hunt for lately...really great recipes (and great food in general!). Not that I've become a food snob, but I've definitely become more selective in what I want from my "food life", especially because I went through a period in my life where I was restricted in what I could eat (no dairy, no gluten, etc.), so I definitely appreciate being able to eat those things again, haha!

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Scored a pistol belt + suspenders today for $20 at goodwill. It had four(!) canteens, one of which has the stainless cup, two magazine pouches, and a small pack. I don't need that many canteens, but I can give one to the boss or something. Still trying to decide if it'll be my light belt, or a replacement for the one I'm using. The belt I currently use was a prototype from the 80s, and I'm not real thrilled with the buckle. I'll have to check it out closer. All of it is in very good - new condition.

Oh, and aldi had prepacked quinoa salad for $2/each. I like them for lunch, and it's $1.50 cheaper than I pay at wegmans. It was a good day :^)
Just tried the pistol belt, and it's pretty small. It'll work, but I can't gain anymore weight. There's some little soldiers in the military. I mentioned it before when I got my daughter some little combat boots. I could put those soldiers in my cargo pockets, and be like a Flying Fortress with side gunners :^D

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
One other thing... Feeling pretty good about my kitty feeding station. They act like they're starving when I see them in the morning. I'm probably the only one feeding them. Once a day is enough to keep them going, but hopefully not enough to mute the hunting instinct, and they'll take care of some of the mice. Also mini-me Fathead uses the shelter I made for Fathead as a jul gift. He didn't like it, but it's getting used now. Lastly, It seems that Fathead's keeping the property pretty well patrolled. It's only for him and his girls. Haven't seen Socks in a long time, and a big old tabby hasn't been around much since he and Fathead had a Mexican standoff :^D

May 11, 2008
If all goes well, i will be receiving my ryzen 2600, cooler and m2 ssd tomorrow. And the A8-9600 cpu i bought to upgrade the bios of the board. I am going to sell the A8-9600 again for 15 euro's less. I should be able to sell it for that price if i include the 2600 cooler i am not going to use.

bfun_x1

May 29, 2015
I finnaly found that missing jar of Strawberry jelly under the seat of my truck. I was almost forced tho use apricot jelly!

snoopy7548

Diamond Member
Jan 1, 2005
Just printed out a coupon for 25 free tokens at Funspot in NH! Tomorrow is gonna be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.