Revel Performa B15 Subwoofer with Electro Voice PAs

Hudson Anthony

Mar 24, 2018
So i have recently come in contact with TWO revel performa b15 subwoofers that have been unused at a friends house that were left by the previous owners. From my research they were very high end when they were first introduced and I still believe they hold great value. My question is what would be the best way to connect the subwoofers to test their full range and condition? I have two electro voice zlx pa's (https://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=2584) which are the speakers I would like to test out and see if one or both would pair well with my current PAs as the subs are rated at 1000w i think they could handle it. I also have a sony 7.1 receiver w/ omni audio speakers that has RCA sub lines. The specs for the b15s subwoofers are as followed:
Driver: 15" woofer
Frequency response: 20-80Hz, +/-0.5dB; –3dB at 18Hz
Inputs & outputs: XLR (balanced), RCA (single-ended)
Amplifier:1000W RMS
Highpass filter: 30–80Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave
Lowpass filter: 30–80Hz, 24 or 48dB/octave (defeatable)
Phase: continuously variable, 0–180°
Other: 3-band parametric equalizer, RCA and XLR pass-through outputs for looping to another B15

Dranoche

Jul 6, 2009
Receiver to subwoofer via RCA, use a splitter if the receiver only has one output. Set the low-pass filter to off or at the highest frequency and let the receiver handle the crossover frequency.

For the PAs run source to sub to speaker, or source to speaker to sub. Set the filters as desired, if used at all.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Allthough I've never heard it, the B15 is one heck of a sub.It went for 3k when it was new, and you got 2! At the very least, you owe your pal a beer.

Delacroix

Jul 20, 2020
So i have recently come in contact with TWO revel performa b15 subwoofers that have been unused at a friends house that were left by the previous owners. From my research they were very high end when they were first introduced and I still believe they hold great value. My question is what would be the best way to connect the subwoofers to test their full range and condition? I have two electro voice zlx pa's (https://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=2584) which are the speakers I would like to test out and see if one or both would pair well with my current PAs as the subs are rated at 1000w i think they could handle it. I also have a sony 7.1 receiver w/ omni audio speakers that has RCA sub lines. The specs for the b15s subwoofers are as followed:
Driver: 15" woofer
Frequency response: 20-80Hz, +/-0.5dB; –3dB at 18Hz
Inputs & outputs: XLR (balanced), RCA (single-ended)
Amplifier:1000W RMS
Highpass filter: 30–80Hz, 12 or 24dB/octave
Lowpass filter: 30–80Hz, 24 or 48dB/octave (defeatable)
Phase: continuously variable, 0–180°
Other: 3-band parametric equalizer, RCA and XLR pass-through outputs for looping to another B15

Hy Hudson! Do you still have the B15? I really need a B15 gutshot. I need to find out which specific capacitor that burned in my system!
Capacitor C15 and the value of the resistor connected to it.
Can you help me?

Many many thanks!