Returning w/no box to best buy?

RC7

Apr 1, 2001
I bought a surround recevier about a month ago from bestbuy, an upgrade from my last stereo reciever. I recently decided to downgrade to a stereo setup for convience reasons. I normally save the boxes for all of my equipment, but for some reason I threw the box to my new receiver out. Have any of you had experience returning items without boxes to best buy? I wouldn't mind if i only got store credit.. better than a receiver sitting around here.

pulse8

Lifer
May 3, 2000
Well, if it's been over 30 days, they may not take it back. Without the box, however, they will probably not give you all of your money back.

RC7

Apr 1, 2001
Hmm, I wouldnt mind loosing a bit of the money, like i said better than a reciever sitting around. I like your sig pulse... i often say jokingly that such and such is "in my pants."

hammer01

May 12, 2000
If you have all of the parts that came with it and it is less than 30 days, BB should exchange it for you for a minor fee for the box.

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
Tell you what, just take a picture of yourself with no clothes on holding the receiver and use that in your eBay auction and you will get twice market value for it. You should have saved your box. As a last resort you could have eBayed it alone for $300, easy.

RC7

Apr 1, 2001
Like i said, I dont normally throw boxes out. I think I threw it out because i had to cut a barcode off and thought it was useless anyway, go figure.