Restaurants in Seattle

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
I'm picking up a friend at the airport tomorrow for the evening. He's out here for a job interview and doesn't have anything to do all day other than sit in his hotel. I'm from the north (Mukilteo, work in Everett) so I don't go down there very often. Are there any neat places to eat? I'm not looking for something super expensive or that requires you to be well-dressed...

Does anyone have ideas on stuff to do? It kind of sucks with the days still so short.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
There are better restaurants, but the rainforest cafe in southcenter is fun. Where is your friend staying?

Tuktuk

Jan 30, 2007
There is a tasty Indian place in the U District next to the Safeway.

Cheers,
Aquaman

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
Probably not the rainforest cafe... they're all over the US. One of the restaurants on the piers sounds good. I've been to one before but don't remember which one it was.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
We went to a few, but I remember the place we went to on the last day...the Metropolitan Grill. More expensive, but it was damn good.

KillerCharlie

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2005
I pick him up at 3pm. I have a feeling that we'll be restricted to downtown and south of downtown due to outbound traffic. I guess we can go to Pike Place or something.

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
There are plenty of decent spots in the Market. South of downtown I don't know too well. If you don't mind going to Queen Anne, Buckley's has good food for good prices.

FreshFish

Golden Member
May 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Tuktuk

Cheers,
Aquaman

THere is an even tastier one on Roosevelt called "Taste of India" The one you are referring to is Cedars.

Also in the u-district, on University Way is a sausage place called Schultzy's which is really good.

There is also some delicious Thai food on University Way at Thai Tom

Edit: just read that you are stuck downtown and southward...there is some good Italian at Palomino's downtown, or at Grazie's in Southcenter.

Malfeas

Apr 27, 2005
Ivars on Lake Union is nice. But there are quite a lot of good restaurants in the Seattle area, have you tried looking at the restaurant section of the seattle times, weekly, stranger, etc?

AreaCode707

Lifer
Sep 21, 2001
Originally posted by: FreshFish

Cheers,
Aquaman

THere is an even tastier one on Roosevelt called "Taste of India" The one you are referring to is Cedars.

Also in the u-district, on University Way is a sausage place called Schultzy's which is really good.

Edit: just read that you are stuck downtown and southward...there is some good Italian at Palomino's downtown, or at Grazie's in Southcenter.

Palomino's has pretty good food, agreed. A little on the pricier side but really good food is The Metropolian, by the Wells Fargo building.

Mo0o

Lifer
Jul 31, 2001
McCormick has very good happy hour prices. 2 bucks for 1/2lb burger, so you can check that out
U district has a ton of cheap college food
Theres a place called Icon Grill that's pretty good right in downtown

HombrePequeno

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2001

Cheers,
Aquaman

The people at Taste of India are nicer but the food is definitely better at Cedar's. Don't tip at Cedar's though because the managers get the tips.

I heard Claim Jumpers from someone else. That is a good place to eat. It's not super expensive and the portions are huge.

Daaavo

Platinum Member
May 23, 2000
Bahn Thai, on the corner of 5th and Roy.....lower Queen Anne. My favorite Thai restaurant in this area.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Haven't been there in several years, but Ivar's used to have great seafood.
On the other end of the spectrum, is Skippers Fish & Chips...used to be a favorite...Tuesday night all-you-can eat"...15 cent beers...(mind you, that was back in the 70's)
They closed all Kahleeforneeya restaurants back in the early 90's, so we only get to have it when we make a trip up north.
Taco Time too...those 2 are on our list of places we have to visit if we're up in "Warshington"...;)

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Cheers,
Aquaman

i just went there today, its called cedars and its on brooklyn and 50th

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001

Cheers,
Aquaman

cedars and taste of india are the same owners and have nearly an identical menu. the son usually runs taste and the dad runs cedars. very nice family

Ameesh

Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Originally posted by: BoomerD
On the other end of the spectrum, is Skippers Fish & Chips...used to be a favorite...Tuesday night all-you-can eat"...15 cent beers...(mind you, that was back in the 70's)
They closed all Kahleeforneeya restaurants back in the early 90's, so we only get to have it when we make a trip up north.
Taco Time too...those 2 are on our list of places we have to visit if we're up in "Warshington"...;)

you made baby jesus cry, of all the good food in seattle you pick taco time and skippers

Ricemarine

Lifer
Sep 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Aquaman
Claimjumpers just south of Southcentre :)

Cheers,
Aquaman

There's also one at Alderwood Mall, which is closer to Mukilteo... You can always go to Beth's Cafe, then go to Green Lake?... You can also go to Todai if he's into Japanese food.

If for some odd reason you are into Vietnamese, go to Mi La Cay, Pho Bac, or if you really want to stand out, Huong Binh. Saigon Bistro is also a good place to eat... Otherwise get some banh mi or something at Seattle or Saigon Deli.

compman25

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2006
Originally posted by: BoomerD

Umm, there's Taco Times in CA, lots of them. And they still suck there too:D