Resoure conflict pci network controller on motherboard

btcomm1

Sep 7, 2006
Toshiba satellite m35x s149.

So this laptop was working fine, all of the sudden would not boot up anymore, would boot to blue screens.

Checked the HD and it found a problem so I got another HD reinstalled windows and then this error started popping up at boot.

Resource Conflict-PCI network controller on Motherboard
Bus:02, Device:02, Function:00

f1 to resume f2 to setup.

I thought this odd, I took the hd out, tried to boot up got it again.

Put the HD back in and it booted up fine. Tried to join a wireless network, tried to browse then all of the sudden the computer started to lock up, the mouse would stop moving for seconds at time, I tried ctrl alt del and the computer said failed to initilize task manager.

I could not even initialize task manager. Shut down the computer and when I booted up got this error message again.

So I turned off the phyical switch for the wireless and tried to boot up, did not get the error.

Turned the computer off. Turned the switch for the wireless on, booted up booted up fine.

Uggggg, I guess I can continue to test it, I think the only thing that could be done is to get the motherboard replaced, or hope that disabling the wireless adapter with the switch will keep it from locking up.

I looked in the bios to see if I could disable anything and I was not able to find anything.

Anybody else see this issue and fix it?

bwatson283

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2006
repair your MOBO drivers first in safe mode, it might be erroring out when loading the drivers.

btcomm1

Sep 7, 2006
Hmm, I get that error in the bios though, I got it before any drivers were installed.

robisbell

Banned
Oct 27, 2007
like I said, motherboard failure, if it's got any warranty left, use it, if not, start looking for a replacement laptop.

SJMAYE

May 6, 2003
Originally posted by: bwatson283
clear CMOS

I know this is probably simple for you, but how do you clear the CMOS on this laptop? I have the exact same problem.

SJMAYE

May 6, 2003
Someone? I tried going in to the bios and setting defaults. No change.

Can someone tell me how to clear the bios on this laptop?

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
First try and go into the bios and see if there is an option to load defaults.
If not(or that doesn't work), you are going to have to find out where the cmos battery is on the laptop.
When you do, disconnect the power supply and take out the main battery and disconnect the cmos battery. Let it sit for 10 minutes and hook it back up.

SJMAYE

May 6, 2003
Originally posted by: techs
First try and go into the bios and see if there is an option to load defaults.
If not(or that doesn't work), you are going to have to find out where the cmos battery is on the laptop.
When you do, disconnect the power supply and take out the main battery and disconnect the cmos battery. Let it sit for 10 minutes and hook it back up.

Thanks for the reply, techs. I did reload the defaults. No luck. I updated the bios to the latest. No luck.
I have had this thing apart before. i should be able to find the cmos battery. So all i need to do is leave it out for 10 minutes? I had read somewhere about jumpers etc. Do I need to do something like that for this model?