Question Resident Evil 8 Village uses AVX technology or not?

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
cheers to all,
Someone know to tell me if Resident Evil 8 Village uses AVX technology or not?I can't find nowhere this information on internet,even on Capcom site.
thanks,
i tried to use latest AVX emulator Sde from intel site,i add row: " C:\Program Files (x86)\Resident Evil Village\sde.exe" -cpx --"C:\Program Files (x86)\Resident Evil Village\re8.exe" and still can't start it
i have an old CPU without AVX and i'm not sure if this game used AVX or not

Jul 27, 2020
Click Window key + R and type CMD. [Press Enter]

Type the following:

cd /d C:\Program Files (x86)\Resident Evil Village\
[Press Enter]

Then type:

sde -ckx re8.exe
[Press Enter]

If that's too slow, you can also try:

sde -skx re8.exe
[Press Enter]

Jul 27, 2020
You will have to check Task Manager and see if RE8.EXE appears in the list of processes. If it does, it was launched but it is so slow that it can't display anything yet. You may have to wait a lot. Otherwise, try -skx option. That might work. If that also fails, you are outta luck.

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
after i type all possible command in cmd,nothing happened,,the aplication re8.exe it doesn't start in task manager.So im out of luck.My CPU it doesn't work with SDE emulator from intel site.
In any case,thanks so much to trying help me

Attachments

• re8.jpg
    re8.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
  • re82.jpg
    re82.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 4

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
i'm not sure.I download latest emulator sde 9.14 from intel site, then i copy all sde 9.14 files in folder where Resident village were installed,then i watched this tutorial step by step....and nothing happened...
I don't know where I am wrong....i followed step by step that tutorial

then i typed how u teach me
cd /d C:\Program Files (x86)\Resident Evil Village
[Press Enter]

Then type:

sde -ckx re8.exe or sde -skx re8.exe
[Press Enter]
still nothing happened

Attachments

• EMU.jpg
    EMU.jpg
    243.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
when i run directly re8.exe nothing happened,no message,nothing,i mean is loaded in task manager....and nothing happened...it stay there until tommorow and forever, doing nothing

My gpu card is an R9 Fury X.Maybe my video card is weak for this game that's why don't started?
but i don't think is this the cause....driver is up to date !!
And i have 24 GB of RAM memory in system...
i give up.....:confused_old:

Attachments

• re8.jpg
    re8.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020
My gpu card is an R9 Fury X.Maybe my video card is weak for this game that's why don't started?
Your GPU is actually pretty good. It's not the issue.

The issue seems to be that you are running a repacked version.

Google says, disconnect from internet, change your PC date to May 7th 2021 and then run the re8.exe without any emulator. It should work.

If not, install all the redistributable setup files in this download:

Then try once more.

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
i tried once more time the last solution which u suggested me,and verdict was the same......nothing happened
i change date to may 7 2021,i installed all-in-one visual C++ 2022,i restart PC...and nothing.The same behaviour.

Jul 27, 2020
Search the Resident Evil Village installation folder for steam_emu.ini file.

Open it with Notepad and change Language from English to Spanish. Then try double clicking re8.exe

HuNTeR-

Oct 9, 2015
i double click on installermessage.exe and i have this message.I search for fix that wmv video decoder error but i can/t find nowhere.I installed 3rd program like klite basic...still same situation....

Attachments

• codec.jpg
    codec.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 4
Jul 27, 2020
Ignore that. That's just a message. Doesn't mean there's a problem.

Here's a suggestion: Why don't you uninstall that completely and then BUY the game?

It's only $17: https://www.indiegala.com/store/game/resident-evil-village/1196590

Please, JUST BUY THE GAME and save yourself the misery of constantly thinking about the game. It will run fine if you activate the bought key on Steam and then launch the game from your Steam library. Cheaper than trying to upgrade your system and then finding out that the repacked version still won't run.

Reactions: NTMBK