resident evil 4

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Picked it up for 10 bucks, what the hell I know it has problems but it was only 10 bucks. Appears the EU version has a patch that makes the graphics look better, the cut scenes look better and just makes the game better to play overall. The EU patch is from 4/07 so I don't have any hopes for a US patch.

anything I can do here? Google wasn't turning up any info, I tried to apply the EU 1.10 patch and no workie :)

would love to play this game it's all its glory.

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
already patched? I see haha too bad I didn't know that doh!

I downloaded the high-res texture mod, I don't see much of a difference for a 1 gig download but I'm sure parts will look better. Found a high res movie patch, not sure how legal this is? but I paid for the damn game and would like the cut scenes to be as nice looking as possible. I remember the RE I had on my Dreamcast the cut scenes blew me away. They look pretty pixilated and compressed on the PC :(

not a bad game, put the mouse mod on so I could use a mouse, freaking hard still, the bolder part crushes me because I don't know what buttons 5+6 are lol.

kurt454

May 30, 2001
The PC version did not get the hi-rez cutscenes.

I hooked up a cheap gamepad to play the game. Never did like the Mouse Aim mod.

Sho'Nuff

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2007
Even though the graphics are a bit dated, the game is still awesome. I played it for the first time on the pc and enjoyed it so much that I had to play it again right after finishing it. Not too many games make me want to do that.

Fox5

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: kurt454
The PC version did not get the hi-rez cutscenes.

I hooked up a cheap gamepad to play the game. Never did like the Mouse Aim mod.

Shame since they were real time on the gamecube, but heavily compressed fmv on the ps2.

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: soxfan
Even though the graphics are a bit dated, the game is still awesome. I played it for the first time on the pc and enjoyed it so much that I had to play it again right after finishing it. Not too many games make me want to do that.

I did the same thing. Got the unlimited rocket launcher. Went through it the 2nd time in about 8 hours :)

QueBert

Lifer
Jan 6, 2002
Originally posted by: soxfan

I'm enjoying it so far, is there a button to do a 180? turning is slow I remember on another version I had there was a quick spin.