Requesting Official ATOT Home Remedy

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
I've had the flu, complete with 103-105F fevers over the last week. Now I'm finally coming out of it, I just have some lingering chest congestion and a "raw" feeling in my chest from coughing.

The thing thats bothering me is I have no energy. I've been sleeping 16-20 hours every day for 4 or 5 days while I was sick and Im now sore all over and feel completely drained.

Other than lots of fluids and vitamins and things like chicken soup what are some good at home remedies to help me get my strength back?

Midnight Rambler

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
There's the old remedy many have heard of ...

Equal parts hot water + lemon juice + honey + whiskey

I have an old recipe card for this from my great grandmother. The funniest part is the note that says "For a really bad cold, add more whiskey."

In all reality, you need a good decongestant to get that crap outta your chest before that turns in to something worse, ie. respiratory infection or pneumonia. But seeing how all the "meth heads", etc. have made it impossible for regular people to be able to buy any decent OTC cold/congestion meds anymore, you're gonna need a prescription for anything good. Entex PSE for example.

A vaporizer/steam humidifier may help you, or you could try another old trick ... get a pan of water boiling, remove from stove, put towel over your head and the pan and inhale.

As for fluids, you wanna make sure you're getting plenty of electrolytes from whatever you are drinking. That'll help with the pain/soreness, which are mainly due to dehydration.

Also, do yourself a favor and get a new thermometer. Highly doubtful you were 103-105 and still around to talk/write about it ...

RadiclDreamer

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2004
Originally posted by: Midnight Rambler
There's the old remedy many have heard of ...

Equal parts hot water + lemon juice + honey + whiskey

I have an old recipe card for this from my great grandmother. The funniest part is the note that says "For a really bad cold, add more whiskey."

In all reality, you need a good decongestant to get that crap outta your chest before that turns in to something worse, ie. respiratory infection or pneumonia. But seeing how all the "meth heads", etc. have made it impossible for regular people to be able to buy any decent OTC cold/congestion meds anymore, you're gonna need a prescription for anything good. Entex PSE for example.

A vaporizer/steam humidifier may help you, or you could try another old trick ... get a pan of water boiling, remove from stove, put towel over your head and the pan and inhale.

As for fluids, you wanna make sure you're getting plenty of electrolytes from whatever you are drinking. That'll help with the pain/soreness, which are mainly due to dehydration.

Also, do yourself a favor and get a new thermometer. Highly doubtful you were 103-105 and still around to talk/write about it ...

Thermometer is fine, as I said Im feeling fine now other than the complete lack of energy. I felt like someone threw me down a down a flight of steps while it was in full swing.

xanis

Lifer
Sep 11, 2005
You're probably dehydrated. Drink Gatorade if you like it because it gets you rehydrated and puts some electrolytes back in your system.

A few really good nights of sleep will definitely help too.