Request: Index.html for my webpage *Please!*

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
Could someone please make me a Index page in html that has a White background and in the center of the page it says:

Nokiadude's Storage Server

Thanks. :)

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
<html>
<head>
<title>
Nokiadude's Storage Server
</title>
</head>
<body>
<center>Nokiadude's Storage Server</center>
</body>
</html>

Paste that into notepad and save it as "index.html"

You could also just paste <center>Nokiadude's Storage Server</center> into notepad and save it as "index.html" and I know IE will render it correctly.

I'm not sure about other browsers so the best bet is just to do the first suggestion.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
hey aves2k: kinda OT, but why don't you ever post pics of you and ohtwell?

-=bmacd=-

Soybomb

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2000
You need to set the permissions for the documents you're serving.

If its a *nix host then
"chmod -R 755 directorynamewithdocumentsyouwanttoserve"

DanFungus

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2001
I don't think you can have it list them, unless you can do CHMOD or "Change Flie attributes" to 755, like Soybomb said...if you can FTP into the place where you upload the stuff, then you have a better chance of being able to CHMOD..if you do it through web browser, and have no option to FTP, then, I'd say chances are slim, unless cox has their own way of doing it.

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
I'm just using the incredibly small space of 10mb Cox gave me to host my pics and what not. I'm using the file manager at the service.cox.net to manage my uploads and files. Can someone please help me setup a directory for my files so I can just click on them?

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
What kind of website are you trying to setup? What kind of content will be on it?

Do you already own your own domain name?

yoda291

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
Originally posted by: NokiaDude
Ok I changed it to html. Now how do I do a directory?

I guess the easiest way to do so would be to make a hyperlink to each pic. form of a hyperlink follows <a href="PATH_TO_PIC">Text</a>

carriage returns can be done by adding a "
"

NokiaDude

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2002
RossMan. I'm trying to setup a simple picture and misc files webpage. I want to use it to access files from the webpage to use on other computers. No, I do not own my own domain name. Just using the server space Cox gave me.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: NokiaDude
RossMan. I'm trying to setup a simple picture and misc files webpage. I want to use it to access files from the webpage to use on other computers. No, I do not own my own domain name. Just using the server space Cox gave me.

Oh ok thanks I wasn't sure what your intentions were for the webpage. Sounds like a good idea.

If you re-consider website hosting you can get the following webhosting deal for $4.99/yr and you get a lot for your money:

• Hosting for your own domain name
  • 100mb Disk Space
  • 1000mb of bandwidth per month
  • 5 subdomains
  • 5 ftp accounts
  • 5 mysql databases
  • 5 e-mail accounts
  • Auto Responders
  • Mail forwarding
  • Web based e-mail
  • Mail blockers
  • Web based statistics