Req for interview with Seattle area Rossetta crunchers

RobertE

May 14, 2005
A radio station in the Seattle area is looking for Rosetta users for a radio interview. Your (and the TeAms) chance at 1.5 minutes of fame. :D

Linky

Greetings-- My name is Deborah Wang, and I am a reporter for KUOW, Seattle's NPR News and Information Station. I am doing a story on Rosetta@home and am looking for people in the Seattle area who are actively involved in the program. If you are interested in being interviewed for public radio, please send me an email at debwang@kuow.org (or call 206-221-7934). Let me know alittle bit about yourself, why you are interested in the program, and where you run it. I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I received a reply to my email (already).
I'll call her tomorrow.

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Thanks for the heads up, RobertE! :beer:

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
"Hi, I'm Wiz and I installed it one night on half the computers in Redmond. They don't know a thing..." :D

-jim

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
"Hi, I'm Wiz and I installed it one night on half the computers in Redmond. They don't know a thing..."

heheh.. the times I've been on the Redmond campus they never have given me unsupervised access to computers... wonder why? ;)

Crazee

Elite Member
Nov 20, 2001
Originally posted by: GeoffS
Just to be clear... it's not because we're crazy, right??? :p

Hey I resemble that remark ;)

Wiz,

Slip in a TE and TA reference if you can :)

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I talked to her.
She's nice.
She said I was just the kind of persone she wanted to talk to... :eek:

RobertE

May 14, 2005
rose.gif
:heart:

Phoenix2

Apr 13, 2003
Originally posted by: Crazee
Originally posted by: GeoffS
Just to be clear... it's not because we're crazy, right??? :p

Hey I resemble that remark ;)

Wiz,

Slip in a TE and TA reference if you can :)

No. Really. He DOES resemble that Crazee remark! :D

RobertE

May 14, 2005
Originally posted by: Wiz
I talked to her.
She's nice.
She said I was just the kind of persone she wanted to talk to... :eek:

Talked to her and set the interview or did the interview. Details man, details! :D

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Great news Wiz, I hope you enjoy the interview!!!

Please if you can ... share megans story, I am sure its something most can relate to, as far as great reasons to crunch. You probably already were, and if thats the case, please disregard this.

Thank you
Mike

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
You probably already were, and if thats the case, please disregard this

Yes, that's exactly what I did.
I also shared what a great place TA is and also of course that I crunch Rosetta as a member of Team Enterprise, a mini team of Team Anandtech.

She was interested in the competitive aspect so I filled her in a bit about the competition between mini teams on TA and of course TA with the rest of the world.

I mentioned Seti Classic and how that worked and got a lot of us into the game and how we have all split up into various projects under TA since Seti 1 ended.

Of course I talked about Maegan, and I pointed her in the direction of Grampa Smoke. ;)

Wolfsraider

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2002
Thank you Wiz!

I should have known you would cover all the bases :)

You are after all a part of 2 of the best teams on the web, and a great teammate.

I am sorry if I offended, didn't really think the wording through on that request. (as usual)

I thank you for sharing the information, it made my day :p

Mike

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
Mike, I didn't see anything at all offensive - & you didn't mean anything offensive, so I think we are all good here... ;)

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
lol, like I've said many, many times ..... "Don't forget those smiley faces." :D

:);):D:Q:p:cool::heart::beer::music::wine::gift:
rose.gif
:laugh::thumbsup::cookie: