Republicons get their way on this one.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 4, 2009
Rice didn't back down, Obama tossed her under the bus. Does anyone really think that Rice volunteered not to take the job of Secretary of State and basically end her political career?

Really?

Its irrelevant, regardless she will not be confirmed. I bet you would have a different opinion if the headline was "worker refuses promotion under pressure from the Boss". I really doubt you would be saying the Boss threw them under the bus.

manimal

Lifer
Mar 30, 2007
If I remember correctly mass used to be able to appoint a replacement but amended the state constitution to force a special election should the seat be vacated in the 80s or 90s

Feb 4, 2009
Actually a Frank/Warren team would be real entertaining. Each of them get pissed off real easy. I could easily see the two of them going nuts over some banking regulation.

Ausm

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Actually a Frank/Warren team would be real entertaining. Each of them get pissed off real easy. I could easily see the two of them going nuts over some banking regulation.

The banksters poured in MILLIONS of dollars against Warren because she understands how the "game" the system which really pisses them off. ;)

Feb 4, 2009
I know funny Scott Brown really isn't a bad leader, the amount of bank & investor money that was being thrown at him is essentially why I voted for Warren.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Its irrelevant, regardless she will not be confirmed. I bet you would have a different opinion if the headline was "worker refuses promotion under pressure from the Boss". I really doubt you would be saying the Boss threw them under the bus.

Bullshit. Gobama had his administration feed her false information about Benghazi and then let her dangle in the wind when it was proven to be false. If he had the balls to step forward with the real facts the issue would have blown over weeks ago. Instead he still stonewalling and covering up and she's the sacrificial lamb. 1st Petraeus and now Rice, who's next?

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Good to hear. She was not SoS material in my opinion.

I agree. Given her lack of experience she was a reach for SoS.

Even so, I think Presidents should get a fair bit of leeway in who they get for their cabinet positions. But this is all Obama's fault. There was no reason for him to involve her in the Benghazi mess. He knew he wanted her for the position, he should have kept her hands clean. Dumb move.

Fern