Republicans undermining the fight against COVID. Granting unemployment to people fired over refusing vaccinations

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Eh, they are unemployed. We give checks to ppl fired for being shitty at their jobs, IDK why this would be different.

It's not like they are raking in the big bucks for this.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Most states the UC rules and practices are pretty stacked against the employer-because anything but clearly proven intentional malfeasance will be granted UC (despite the law usually saying those fired for cause don't get UC). I once had a case where a professional truck driver poured oil in the radiator (or antifreeze in the crankcase, I don't remember) despite clearly labelled caps, causing substantial damage to that truck's engine, including a tow, getting and reloading a replacement truck, etc). The very next (rainy) day he drove a truck through a 2-3 foot deep puddle near a loading dock on his regular route, wrecking another engine at which point he was fired. I lost the UC hearing.

It may be different in deep red states where the government is owned and operated by businesses, but my usual advice to employers is unless a gun or knife is involved, clear theft, a punch, etc., don't waste your time and money contesting UC claims.

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Eh, they are unemployed. We give checks to ppl fired for being shitty at their jobs, IDK why this would be different.

It's not like they are raking in the big bucks for this.
In most cases, people do not qualify for unemployment checks for being fired with cause. That includes people being bad at their jobs: no checks for them!

thilanliyan

Lifer
Jun 21, 2005
Somehow GOP have figured out a way to get more people to vote for them despite killing them off... :oops:
They're geniuses.

Reactions: hal2kilo

JTsyo

Lifer
Nov 18, 2007
Somehow GOP have figured out a way to get more people to vote for them despite killing them off... :oops:
They're geniuses.
Not that hard when voting rates are around 60% while COVID deaths are about 2% once infected if unvaccinated.