Republicans See Trump as a Racist They Can Work With

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Exophase

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2012
You can make stupid comments and not be an idiot, but you can't make racist comments and not be a racist. At least not the way Trump has.

I'm also pretty convinced he's an idiot.

MovingTarget

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2003
"A Racist We Can Work With" - that's some fine sloganeering right there. If Trump can get away with saying he can shoot someone in broad daylight in the middle of NY and people would still vote for him, why not go all in and use this one? Its honest and "tells it like it is". Get on this, Trump campaign!

/s?

But seriously, Trump is the textbook definition of a racist. Even if there is a low level of inherent racism we can tolerate, his statements crossed the line a long time ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RovF1zsDoeM

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
So racism is the belief that other races are intrinsically less valuable than other races? But it is racist to suggest a judge may be biased because of his ethnicity?

I would say the belief another race is inferior.

I understand the point you are trying to make. Initially, I wasn't necessarily fond of calling it racist, but started thinking about it. If the judge was Greek or Russian and ruled the same way, would he say something? I don't think so. I think Trump believes because this judge is Mexican(as he initially thought) he is incapable of doing his job (being less biased), the same way a Caucasian judge would be able to and I do think that is racist. And with the force of his statements, his attraction of KKK and white supremacist members, I not only believe that statement was racist I believe Trump has (albeit hidden at times) racist beliefs.

Feb 16, 2005
Racism is the attempt to stop illegal invaders from failed leftist countries from conspiring with democrats to trade votes for handouts. Eventually, anyone opposed to having their country turned into a Venezuela will be called a racist. You just have to remember that this is a war. This is an invasion. This is subversion of the Republic by means of importation of leftist voters using taxpayer money to fund democratic votes. The people who support it are the enemy. Who cares what the enemy says? Put them in their place.

go get 'em tiger.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

I understand the point you are trying to make. Initially, I wasn't necessarily fond of calling it racist, but started thinking about it. If the judge was Greek or Russian and ruled the same way, would he say something? I don't think so. I think Trump believes because this judge is Mexican(as he initially thought) he is incapable of doing his job (being less biased), the same way a Caucasian judge would be able to and I do think that is racist. And with the force of his statements, his attraction of KKK and white supremacist members, I not only believe that statement was racist I believe Trump has (albeit hidden at times) racist beliefs.
So how do you square that with Sotomayor bringing her "wise latina" view to the court?

Trump has not said that the guy cannot perform his job, he merely questions whether, as somebody who belongs to La Raza, whose organization was founded by a racist, who gave an illegal immigrant a scholarship, whose advocacy group promised to destroy trump businesses, could be impartial. This guy's advocacy is who and what he is, so do you really think he can be completely impartial?

This in the backdrop of Obama saying "he could have been my son", or people wanting to murder another judge for light sentencing, or now saying juries are biased...etc.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
go get 'em tiger.

I get the feeling he's is someone we'd end up hearing about on the news who was involved with a mass shooting. He's bought into pretty much every conspiracy theory there is and he seems to be super angry over them.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
That was the hack interpretation of what he said.

I see you've adjusted your argument so you can troll harder. Racist statement is racist regardless of a secondary argument. The main part of his argument was the man's heritage. Get over it.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
You can make stupid comments and not be an idiot, but you can't make racist comments and not be a racist. At least not the way Trump has.

I'm also pretty convinced he's an idiot.

He's either extremely ignorant, racist, or not racist but using racist rhetoric to fire up his base. All preclude him from being president in my mind. The last is the most devious.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
Bingo.
Thinking a judge may be influenced by his heritage isn't thinking he is an inferior human being.

He also has many Mexican American supporters, do you think he thinks their heritage makes them biased towards him?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I asked a Cuban friend of mine today what "la raza" means. She said, "race" while pointing at her skin.

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
I see you've adjusted your argument so you can troll harder. Racist statement is racist regardless of a secondary argument. The main part of his argument was the man's heritage. Get over it.
Changing the meaning of words to suit your purposes, I see?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
So how do you square that with Sotomayor bringing her "wise latina" view to the court?
Sotomayor is a racist apparently.
Trump has not said that the guy cannot perform his job, he merely questions whether, as somebody who belongs to La Raza, whose organization was founded by a racist, who gave an illegal immigrant a scholarship, whose advocacy group promised to destroy trump businesses, could be impartial. This guy's advocacy is who and what he is, so do you really think he can be completely impartial?
They enjoy building caricatures of their enemies it makes their worlds seem to make sense to them. Trump is hitler and if you disagree you're a racist. Trump will cut the heads off of anybody who says a bad thing about him so he must be stopped at all cost, even if they have to lie to do it. Don't you know that?

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I get the feeling he's is someone we'd end up hearing about on the news who was involved with a mass shooting. He's bought into pretty much every conspiracy theory there is and he seems to be super angry over them.

He's a classic fringe whack outrage addict. Life wouldn't be worth living if his panties weren't in a knot all the time. I'm sure he's still twisted over the birth certificate.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Twisted and perverted logic? I wonder how many Germans thought the same thing about the corporal before he usurped absolute power 8 decades ago? No thanks, I ain't buying what you're selling.

The obvious answer to your question is look at Germany today. Hitler did that. But the notion that Trump is Hitler is sort of out there like Obama declaring martial law. You should at least try to keep your feet on the ground. Just saying....

Feb 16, 2005
The obvious answer to your question is look at Germany today. Hitler did that. But the notion that Trump is Hitler is sort of out there like Obama declaring martial law. You should at least try to keep your feet on the ground. Just saying....

coming from you...
anigif_not-sure-if-serious-gif-to-be-used-on-forums-22779-1307655858-12.gif

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
He's either extremely ignorant, racist, or not racist but using racist rhetoric to fire up his base. All preclude him from being president in my mind. The last is the most devious.

Or using it to explain away a possible fraud conviction maybe like Hillary with her E-mail shit. She doesn't know shit from shinola about technology, and has beautiful big blue eyes.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Sotomayor is a racist apparently.
They enjoy building caricatures of their enemies it makes their worlds seem to make sense to them. Trump is hitler and if you disagree you're a racist. Trump will cut the heads off of anybody who says a bad thing about him so he must be stopped at all cost, even if they have to lie to do it. Don't you know that?
Of course Sotomayor is racist. They hired her because of it. Just like they hired curiel because of it

She admitted her racism for all to see. Curiel belongs to racist groups.

It is okay for everybody but white people to be racist. It is doubly okay if they are racist against white people. That is totally cool.

1prophet

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2005
Gawd. WTF makes you think Trump could possibly clean up govt or that he has any intention of doing so?

Trump makes his money peddling gambling, booze & sleazy real estate schemes along with creative corporate bankruptcy & a brand driven by his obnoxious reality TV persona. He defines corruption.

He defines what America has become and he is the big chicken coming home to roost

Donald-Trump-looks-like-yellow-rooster.jpg

courtesy of your "profit only matters" democrat and republican corporatists who have been bsing and fleecing the country for over 30 years using social issues to keep us divided while promising the American dream for a vote.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Bingo.
Thinking a judge may be influenced by his heritage isn't thinking he is an inferior human being.

He also has many Mexican American supporters, do you think he thinks their heritage makes them biased towards him?

So, the judge who has ruled for him in many instances, ruled against him a couple of times and he's biased because of a wall. Yet his many Mexican American supporters aren't? Did you read what you wrote?

buckshot24

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2009
So, the judge who has ruled for him in many instances, ruled against him a couple of times and he's biased because of a wall. Yet his many Mexican American supporters aren't? Did you read what you wrote?
Exactly! It wasn't just the heritage of the judge.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Of course Sotomayor is racist. They hired her because of it. Just like they hired curiel because of it

She admitted her racism for all to see. Curiel belongs to racist groups.

It is okay for everybody but white people to be racist. It is doubly okay if they are racist against white people. That is totally cool.

Sooo... Uhhh.... Sotomayor is racist because she characterized herself as a "wise Latina"?

How does that denigrate anybody? Did she say that being a Latina made her wiser than anybody else?

Or is the remark simply used as justification by racists anxious to raise the banner of "they're just as bad!"?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

It was also the original part of the argument that existed independent of anything else. There is no way around this. The racism is absolutely inescapable.

This is a perfect example of the backfire effect. Trump supporters feel threatened and ashamed that their preferred candidate turned out to be a racist so instead of repudiating him as a normal person would they feel the need to prove he isn't even harder. The more overwhelming the evidence the harder they fight.