Republicans are the party of "angry white guys"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

jackschmittusa

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
Incorruptible

Was never a big fan of Affirmative Action, but mostly kept my mouth shut because I could at least understand what its purpose was and couldn't suggest a better alternative. I do feel that its time is done having served more than 2 generations.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
When ``darkies`` are being given jobs ONLY for there skin color because of affirmative action then obviously people will be angry because there getting screwed

Incorruptible, be honest, you want the market to make sure blacks are put in their place, which is what it pretty much does. Blacks with clean criminal records are on par or fare even worse than Whites with Criminal Convictions:

http://money.cnn.com/2005/06/17/news/economy/hiring_bias/

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Black job applicants without criminal records are equally likely to be hired as their white counterparts who have served time in prison, according to a recent Princeton University study.

Conducted in 2004, the study, "Discrimination in Low Wage Labor Markets," examined almost 1,500 employers in New York City for their hiring of white, Hispanic and black job applicants.

The authors of the study, Devah Pager and Bruce Western, who teach sociology at Princeton, sent 13 young men with matching, fictitious resumes and educational backgrounds to apply for entry-level jobs in the restaurant, manufacturing and financial services industries.

Using the number of jobs offers and interview invitations, Pager and Western discovered that black applicants had fewer positive responses than a white ex-criminal offender. Hispanics also fared slightly better than whites with criminal records but were preferred to African-American applicants.

"A lot of people are skeptical that African Americans still face discrimination in the job market," said Pager in a statement. "But even in a diverse city like New York, the evidence of discrimination is unmistakeable."

The study also determined that ex-criminal offenders faced employment challenges as a criminal past reduced the number of positive responses for both white and black applicants, with African-Americans facing a greater barrier for possible employment.

This is why Ron Paul is so popular with the Storm Front crowd.

Apr 27, 2012
Incorruptible, be honest, you want the market to make sure blacks are put in their place, which is what it pretty much does. Blacks with clean criminal records are on par or fare even worse than Whites with Criminal Convictions:

I am not racist against blacks, but that doesn't matter to a partisan hack like you.

Ron Paul has black supporters, according to you left wingers they must be self hating

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
I just want to point out I too am a very angry angry old white guy, and a large part of my anger is focused at the defective public policy goals of the GOP.---that is flushing the country I love straight down the toilet.There may be a lot of angry white men, but I sure ain't going to be voting GOP.

When I am being raped, I will not vote for my Republican rapist and more of the same.

Your are clearly not rich old angry guy.

If you were rich you would be voting Republican.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Actually, Disneyworld, so Florida. I'll correct my post.

You only missed by 2,700+ miles, that's actually pretty good for a liberal, but pretending that stinkprogress.org is anything but a bought and paid for political site is really, really, really fucking stupid.

Think Progress is a project of the Center for American Progress Action Fund. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan organization. Through this blog, CAPAF seeks to provide a forum that advances progressive ideas and policies.

ThinkProgress was voted “Best Liberal Blog”

http://thinkprogress.org/about/

nextJin

Golden Member
Apr 16, 2009

Pretty sure Paul was the only one trying to do something with the encarceration rate of minorities from either side. He also was the only Republican to have any sort of minority support.