Republicans 100% correct . . .

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
I've been receiving emails from some of my right wing buddies about poll workers in Democratic Precincts allegedly changing the votes of Republicans. Has anyone seen any concrete evidence of this being done, or is this the usual internet conspiracy crap generated by the right wing?

Winnar:

Photo ID's "of all electoral activities"? What the hell does that mean? Do you mean a photo ID should be required to vote? Or, the janitor at the polling places had better have an ID? LOL. Maybe we should all get crypto clearances before we are allowed to vote or work at a polling place?

-Robert

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
They just don't like to admit

That they are the ones who are doing it!

This is just ONE case that has surfaced in the last couple days, there is another one that will be coming out fairly soon.

Democrat Registratio0n Forms TRASHED by GOP operatives

Quite a history of this practice by the Republican Machine.

I thought it wasn't "real" fraud until they vote? Considering the diversion, excuses, etc., over the past few weeks with regard to HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of instances just like this by Democrats, I don't want to hear a fucking peep out of you.

Originally posted by: miketheidiot
The private sector and political parties need to be taken out of the business of registering voters.

YES

These registration drives are so fundamentally flawed. Here's an idea: IF YOU WANT TO VOTE, GO REGISTER. IF YOU DON'T, DON'T.

I constantly get bombarded at my college campus by flocks of 18 year old do-gooders. Fuck off people. One day, I was told that I could go get on a bus RIGHT NOW, be driven downtown, vote, and then be driven back. What's the damn rush? Have you fuckers no lives? Of course, turning down such an offer of convenience only results in muttering under the breath, a nasty little stare, or worse... threats to hit me up again in an hour.

If I'm on campus, it's because I have classes to teach and classes to take. It's not because I'm looking for some bimbo to help me navigate the complex labyrinth of voting.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: techs
Help America Vote Act=Fail.
Thanks, Bush.

Please tell me how Bush has anything to do with Voter fraud?
Don't forget to tighten your tin foil before you reply ...... I'm sure it's a conspiracy thing right?

alchemize

Lifer
Mar 24, 2000
Originally posted by: Skitzer
Thanks, Bush.

Don't forget to tighten your tin foil before you reply ...... I'm sure it's a conspiracy thing right?
Because he vetoed all the legislation the democrat congress passed on election reform, remember?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: alchemize
Thanks, Bush.

Because he vetoed all the legislation the democrat congress passed on election reform, remember?

If only there were some instrument of identification - an "identification card", if you will - that all voters were required to present at the time of voting.

I'm probably thinking way too far outside the box, though.

m1ldslide1

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2006
Originally posted by: BoomerD
Originally posted by: winnar111
This is precisely why we need photo ID verification of all electoral activities.

I'm a Democrat who agrees with this...at least in principle.

I realize there are some people, especially in the South (neegros) who, for what ever reason, can't provide the necessary proof of identity to get valid identification cards, even if they were provided at no cost to them.
Disenfranchising them because of that lack of ID is still wrong. EVERY American citizen has the right to vote. There needs to ve some kind of provision made to ensure these people can cast their votes.

Yeah when I start to hear about photo ID requirements for voting I can't help but think of Jim Crow. Its another one of those cases where present need should be contrasted against historical events / data.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: jbourne77
So where is the AT left reminding us how insignificant registration fraud is?

It is insignificant, but still quite illegal and thus I advocate throwing the book at anyone that engages in it. And just like Obama's ties to ACORN, the GOP is directly tied to Mark Jacoby and his Young Political Majors (YPM) organization, as well as Voter Outreach of America, despite Cad's lame protest to the contrary.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Originally posted by: jbourne77
So where is the AT left reminding us how insignificant registration fraud is?

It is insignificant, but still quite illegal and thus I advocate throwing the book at anyone that engages in it. And just like Obama's ties to ACORN, the GOP is directly tied to Mark Jacoby and his Young Political Majors (YPM) organization, as well as Voter Outreach of America, despite Cad's lame protest to the contrary.

I'm not sure if people aren't understanding this or what, but the reason these threads were made is because the Republicans were crying about this issue, about how it was unraveling the fabric of Democracy or whatever, and they are engaging in it themselves. Maybe it needed to be spelled out in the OP, but hypocrisy is what is funny about this, not the fraudulant registrations.

Bird222

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2004
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
Nice try but that looks to be nothing more than a stunt by a *gasp* democrat official trying to take the focus off ACORN. From accounts I've read, the kid really does live there when he's not traveling and uses that address for his other bills/mailings. But you libs keep trying to dig something up to divert the focus from the massive fraud ACORN is committing...

You don't mention anything about him tossing democratic registrations though.

Skitzer

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: alchemize
Thanks, Bush.

That's a stretch ...... like that veto inherently caused voter fraud to continue?
I think individual States have a much better ability to monitor and control voter fraud than a sitting President or Congress for that matter. Where is the accountability? The White House?
I'm sure there was more Pork in that legislation than we can imagine, hence a veto.

Bottom line ..... States and their Districts allow/disallow the practice to continue not government.

loup garou

Lifer
Feb 17, 2000
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Louisiana was the hardest place I ever have seen to get registered to vote.
ORIGINAL Birth Cetrificate, Drivers Licensce, Proof of residency at address,
Social Security Card, and I even had to show my NASA Badge cleared by
the Department of Homeland Security.

Cute, Huh ? And I Registered as a REPUBLICAN !
How strange. My gf and I registered to vote in LA at the Mandeville DMV when we got our LA drivers licenses last month. Just had to fill out a quick registration form, no proof of residency required (not even for the DLs, which we found weird).

However, we were only a few days before the registration deadline to vote Nov 4 and we still haven't gotten any confirmation or information on polling locations mailed to us yet...

QuantumPion

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Simple solution to all this. Social Security card/birth certificate/passport required to vote. Purple-ink finger after you vote. No absentee ballots period. Problem solved. You don't even have to register voters. If you have a S.S/B.C./P.P. then you are verified to be a citizen on the spot.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
This is precisely why we need photo ID verification of all electoral activities.

That's RACIST!!!

We want ACORN and the homeless to pick the president.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Budmantom

That's RACIST!!!

Nah, I'd go for Investment Banking CEOs from Lehman, Goldmans Sachs, etc. Their judgement is so much better.

-Robert

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
I continue to be amazed and how clueless some people are in regards to ACORN and what the difference is between a registration to vote and an actual vote cast on election day. The fact that some still "don't get it" leads me to believe they are just being purposely obtuse.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: chess9

That's RACIST!!!

Nah, I'd go for Investment Banking CEOs from Lehman, Goldmans Sachs, etc. Their judgement is so much better.

-Robert

How about real American hero's that have worked hard for everything that they have received and represent the Democrats like Barney Frank, Chris Dudd, Harry Red and Nancy Pelosi?

They know how to fix the problems of greed and corruption.

CitizenKain

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2000

That's RACIST!!!

Yea, the poor and minorities shouldn't be able to vote.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: umbrella39
I continue to be amazed and how clueless some people are in regards to ACORN and what the difference is between a registration to vote and an actual vote cast on election day. The fact that some still "don't get it" leads me to believe they are just being purposely obtuse.

ACORN is full of community organizers like Barrack Hussein (just call me Barry) Obama that pay people to register and take the homeless off the street to help decide the outcome of the election, and everybody is a victim. They are non-partisan that's why so many of the homeless are voting Republican.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002
Originally posted by: CitizenKain

That's RACIST!!!

Yea, the poor and minorities shouldn't be able to vote.

They don't let poor minorities have identification.... those crazy Republicans make identification so expensive.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004

ACORN is full of community organizers like Barrack Hussein (just call me Barry) Obama that pay people to register and take the homeless off the street to help decide the outcome of the election, and everybody is a victim. They are non-partisan that's why so many of the homeless are voting Republican.

You seem to be insisting the election has already taken place and that the voting fraud has already been committed. It is hard enough to get able bodied people living in homes to get off their asses to vote on Election Day, but you are trying to tell us the results of the election have already been determined by the homeless vote? GAFC. I'll remind the group again, registration fraud != voting fraud.

NaughtyGeek

Golden Member
May 3, 2005
I can't even get through the first page of posts in this thread. I cannot believe that you people will bicker partisan politics rather than stand in outrage against the actual fing issue here. It's about vote fraud not republican or democratic vote fraud. ANY VOTE FRAUD IS A TRAVESTY AND WE SHOULD BE YELLING FIRE IN A CROWDED THEATER OVER THIS, not crying crappy Rs crappy Ds BS. You numnuts are so blindly partisan it truly makes me ill. When will you realize the two party system is the fricken problem and address that rather than thump your chest I'm D so I'm right, no I'm R and I'm right. So long as you continue throwing partisans stones at each other instead of bricks at the actual issue nothing will ever fricken change.

Budmantom

Lifer
Aug 17, 2002

You seem to be insisting the election has already taken place and that the voting fraud has already been committed. It is hard enough to get able bodied people living in homes to get off their asses to vote on Election Day, but you are trying to tell us the results of the election have already been determined by the homeless vote? GAFC. I'll remind the group again, registration fraud != voting fraud.

Why would there be registration fraud if they weren't planning on voter fraud?

I know I'm going out on a limb but help me out here.