Republican Party continues to further marginalize itself

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
If this was an isolated incident, I'd write it off as just another racist shithead from Tennessee using extremely poor judgment, however it's not. It's the latest in a string of racist BS coming out of local and regional GOP orgs. Remember "Obama Bucks" with Obama's face on a fake dollar with fried chicken, watermellon and kool-aid floating around his image? Obama waffles, with Obama as Aunt Jemima? Various GOP members calling him "boy" or McCain's infamous, "that one." And on and on.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Despite any attempts to claim it's "okay" because of who wrote what column or saying "It's just a joke, get over it", etc. the fact remains that a number of people will take offense and view the GOP poorly for it. Considering that nearly all of the election post-mortums included saying that the GOP needs to reach out to minorities (especially blacks and hispanics), saying "Get over it" isn't especially sound political tactics.

I & many people want the old Republican party back & to be viable again. The guy's an idiot. I can only hope that the GOP is smart enough to realize that he's an idiot an make sure he doesn't get the job as party chair. Saltsman had a good education in "liberal" private schools. He's been the chair of the Tennessee Republicans for ten years. I wonder how appreciated the CD was by committee members. Saltsman apparently thinks it suits their tastes.

WhenNewt Gingrich tells his own people that they're being an idiot...

This is so inappropriate that it should disqualify any Republican National Committee candidate who would use it. There are no grounds for demeaning him or for using racist descriptions.

The tiny grain of truth that has been wrapped up into this gigantic distortion, like a grain of sand into a pearl, is that some few people in this country do attribute miraculous messianic powers to Barack Obama. But the proper metaphor for those harboring that particular delusion would be the Second Coming of Jesus, and not the Magic Negro of Bagger Vance and John Coffee trope.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Has anybody read the original column? I found it pretty much spot on with its views despite the controversial title. I took it as a slam on liberal whites and their desires to erase their white guilt by electing a black man to president. In the columns opinion the "magic negro" is exactly what they needed. It even goes into the elevating of Obama that the liberals did through his entire campaign. And this was written 21 months ago. Pretty good prediction imo.

I havent listened to the song and probably wont. Politicians should be smart enough to know to keep away from this type of political satire. Let the media types like Rush play with it.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Genx87
Has anybody read the original column? I found it pretty much spot on with its views despite the controversial title. I took it as a slam on liberal whites and their desires to erase their white guilt by electing a black man to president. In the columns opinion the "magic negro" is exactly what they needed. It even goes into the elevating of Obama that the liberals did through his entire campaign. And this was written 21 months ago. Pretty good prediction imo.

I havent listened to the song and probably wont. Politicians should be smart enough to know to keep away from this type of political satire. Let the media types like Rush play with it.

What makes you think the white Americans you're accusing of having this actually have it? To me, it is your imagination projecting itself onto others. Hence, it's your problem (and/or the author you agree with), not others. Speak for yourself.

Anyways, I've never mistaken you for being an intelligent person so I'm sure you think this CD is A. OK in your book. Here's to more Congressional losses in 2010 and a negative stigmatization of the GOP:wine:

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Dari

What makes you think the white Americans you're accusing of having this actually have it? To me, it is your imagination projecting itself onto others. Hence, it's your problem (and/or the author you agree with), not others. Speak for yourself.

When talking to many white liberals their intial two sentences about this past election always deal with Obama's skin color and electing him helps right past wrongs and move on. I live in MN, and have many well to do white liberal friends. Christmas parties were great this year. Soooo much to talk about ;)

I suggest reading the column. It covers this pretty well and hits nearly every branch on the tree imo.

Anyways, I've never mistaken you for being an intelligent person so I'm sure you think this CD is A. OK in your book. Here's to more Congressional losses in 2010 and a negative stigimatization of the GOP

Good to see you came back and edited your reponse with a personal attack right out of the gate. Got that out of the way.

Living upto your McMoran family values again. How was Christmas for You, Dave, and Harvey anyways? Hope all was well on the houseboat?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I suggest reading the column. It covers this pretty well and hits nearly every branch on the tree imo.
Tree?? Are you suggesting the Obama is a Monkey now??!!! I'm outraged, totally consumed with bitter outrage. Now I know how you guys felt when the American Public turned it's back and thumbed their nose at you and your political beliefs!!!;)

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Tree?? Are you suggesting the Obama is a Monkey now??!!! I'm outraged, totally consumed with bitter outrage. Now I know how you guys felt when the American Public turned it's back and thumbed their nose at you and your political beliefs!!!;)

haha touche

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

When talking to many white liberals their intial two sentences about this past election always deal with Obama's skin color and electing him helps right past wrongs and move on. I live in MN, and have many well to do white liberal friends. Christmas parties were great this year. Soooo much to talk about ;)

Anyways, I've never mistaken you for being an intelligent person so I'm sure you think this CD is A. OK in your book. Here's to more Congressional losses in 2010 and a negative stigimatization of the GOP

Good to see you came back and edited your reponse with a personal attack right out of the gate. Got that out of the way.

Living upto your McMoran family values again. How was Christmas for You, Dave, and Harvey anyways? Hope all was well on the houseboat?

Funny, I live in one of the most liberal cities in America and I've never heard that. In fact, I usually hear it from African-Americans. There's something wrong with what you're saying.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002

Funny, I live in one of the most liberal cities in America and I've never heard that. In fact, I usually hear it from African-Americans. There's something wrong with what you're saying.

Good for you.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

Good for you.

and bad for you. Considering your character, you're probably happy with that. Ignorance is bliss.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Lets not talk character or ignorance here considering your family background. All aboard the McMoran houseboat for a trip down the river to the idiot farm.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Lets not talk character or ignorance here considering your family background. All aboard the McMoran houseboat for a trip down the river to the idiot farm.

Whatever. What's funny about all this is the CD is titled "We Hate the USA" and it's an attack on American liberals. Yet it's after these liberals are dead and gone that you conservatives start to fall in love with them. Unless Joseph McCarthy is your hero, there is no nothing mythical about conservative America whereas liberal America has too many to count.

Julius Shark

Banned
Dec 28, 2008
"Barack the Magic Negro"

There is good reason to continue to separate Conservatism from Liberalism. This parody (provided by Liberals themselves) does this in a very excellent way.

If you Liberals are offended by this, I say good. We don?t want you. We are looking for a few good men to build our party. It?s time to clean out the deadwood and start again.

KGB

Diamond Member
May 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Julius Shark
"Barack the Magic Negro"

There is good reason to continue to separate Conservatism from Liberalism. This parody (provided by Liberals themselves) does this in a very excellent way.

If you Liberals are offended by this, I say good. We don?t want you. We are looking for a few good men to build our party. It?s time to clean out the deadwood and start again.

Good luck in the Wilderness.

See ya in about 20 years or when Bill Kristol dies, whichever comes first.

Julius Shark

Banned
Dec 28, 2008
Originally posted by: KGBMAN

I'm going to spend the next 20 years picking the bones of Liberals. You've got a President. What else have you got?

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

I'm going to spend the next 20 years picking the bones of Liberals. You've got a President. What else have you got?

Zip. Zero. Nada.
OK, so what do you have that's so special and why didn't you guys use it during the last 8 years?

daniel49

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2005
Originally posted by: eskimospy
Originally posted by: daniel49
Originally posted by: Jhhnn
Is this overblown? probably.
Was it smart?
Probably not. Will anyone care by the time the next elections come and the dems have shown 4 years of incompetance and a failure to learn from thier own boners? Probably not.

Remarkable gall bringing up the subject of incompetence, all things considered- the bushistas and their congressional comrades haven't just been personally incompetent, but ideologically incompetent, as well.

As for the rest of it, Looks like the increasingly fashionable pre-blame so favored on the Right- don't look at what we've done, look at what the other guy might do... and the other guy hasn't even been inaugurated...

Personally, I'm not the least bit outraged- I'm enjoying it. Saltsman and his defenders might as well be wearing sheets as he campaigns for the RNC chair. Heh. I hope he wins, and that the Sarah! Sarah! worshippers push their candidate right to the top for 2012, as well...

Wasn't that the entire democrtic campign this time around? were not them?
All I heard for months, I had to keep reminding myself Bush wasn't running.

Yeap, you just had the guy who a significant portion of the country views as the worst president in all of American history, and the candidate from the Republican party explicitly stated his support for nearly all of the policies of the last 8 years.

Seems like reminding the country of that was a pretty good idea.

Ahh but theres the rub the afore said poster Jhnnn attributed it only to the right.
"see his quote"
We can see everyones blindness but our own eh?

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
"Barack the Magic Negro"

'A few good men', eh? And you say this as a Palin supporter? :p

Anyway, if you truly are a Palin supporter IMO it's your type the (R)'s need to clean out.

Julius Shark

Banned
Dec 28, 2008
OK, so what do you have that's so special and why didn't you guys use it during the last 8 years? - RedDawn

We have kept America safe since 911. It was very expensive. We'll see how your guy does, won't we?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
OK, so what do you have that's so special and why didn't you guys use it during the last 8 years? - RedDawn

We have kept America safe since 911. It was very expensive. We'll see how your guy does, won't we?
Yes it was very expensive, it cost us some of our integrity and some their Rights.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Huh? I can't imagine what you're talking about. The left (or what passes for it in this country) now controls all the elected branches of government. In addition, the country has been steadily socially liberalizing for... well... pretty much its entire history. Support for progressive taxation, the bedrock of liberal economic policy is extremely strong, and it looks like the tax code is going to become substantially more progressive in the near future.

Seems like liberals are doing pretty well to me. You'll thank us later, or at least your kids will.

Julius Shark

Banned
Dec 28, 2008
Yes it was very expensive, it cost us some of our integrity and some their Rights. - Red Dawn

It was a mess. But wars are never neat. Do you think it was worth it? It's hard to argue with the fact we haven't been attacked.

I would have preferred using a nuclear bomb to take out Kabul and Bagdad on 9/12. More effective and much cheaper.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Yes it was very expensive, it cost us some of our integrity and some their Rights. - Red Dawn

It was a mess. But wars are never neat. Do you think it was worth it? It's hard to argue with the fact we haven't been attacked.

I would have preferred using a nuclear bomb to take out Kabul and Bagdad on 9/12. More effective and much cheaper.
Well at least posting it adds to the shock value.:roll:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001

You call yourself a Republican? I'd say you're a fool and a neocon, both of which do not represent the party of Lincoln.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005

Zip. Zero. Nada.

Lol, how cute...A parody poster calling himself a Republican