Republican Party continues to further marginalize itself

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Julius Shark
Yes it was very expensive, it cost us some of our integrity and some their Rights. - Red Dawn

It was a mess. But wars are never neat. Do you think it was worth it? It's hard to argue with the fact we haven't been attacked.

I would have preferred using a nuclear bomb to take out Kabul and Bagdad on 9/12. More effective and much cheaper.

Yeah, a nuke was the answer... :roll:

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Eric62
-snip-
I have to call bullshit on the OP.
I'm a member of the Republican Party and I never received this CD.
[/L]

Exactly.

He just sent it to RNC members. I googled and it looks like there are 168 members.

To those mentioning "pandering", you're off-base. I doubt 1% of Republican voters know who any RNC members, or about this CD etc. So, this has nothing to with pandering to the base.

Originally posted by: misle
Seriously, this is news? Paul Shanklin releases a political satire CD and a politician gives them as gifts and this is news?!?

Yeah, the CD is a collection of *political* theme songs, it's not just the "Majic Negro" song.

Besides, that song has played to thousands of people unteen times all across the USA by Rushbo on his syndicated broadcast. It's *old hat* and no big deal by now.

Believe it not, there are a few Black RNC members (and Michael Steele is running for Pres of the RNC), I suppose they got the CD too?

Much more (valid and) important stuff to worry about these days.

Edit: Jeesh, from googling it doesn't look like this guy is even a member of the RNC. The sending if this CD isn't remotely *official*. I'll bet his chances of getting elected to the RNC are zero now.

Fern

jonks

Lifer
Feb 7, 2005
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I'm not outraged - I'm laughing at you people who don't understand this and have your panties in a twist over it.

Along with all the other high level Republicans who condemned it? You laugh at others for "not getting it" when it's you who clearly doesn't get it. Republicans will continue to lose 100% of the black vote because of these antics. Recall blacks voted dem at 90% before Obama ran for office. The white religious conservative republican party is dwindling away as a factor in national politics. Between Palin telling us only some parts of the country are the "real america" and stuff like this, I don't expect we'll see a upswell in their numbers. Good luck!

Originally posted by: Fern
Originally posted by: misle
Seriously, this is news? Paul Shanklin releases a political satire CD and a politician gives them as gifts and this is news?!?

Yeah, the CD is a colection of *political* theme songs, it's not just the "Majic Negro" song.

Besides, that song has played to thousands of people unteen times all across the USA by Rushbo on his syndicated broadcast. It's *old hat* and no big deal by now.

Rush isn't running for head of the RNC, so yeah, it's different when a major political figure adopts the humor of a base extremist. When a KKK rally yells "death to blacks" you aren't likely to see a front page news story about it. But if a governor said the same thing, you just might. Sorry, but context matters. So when a radio personality says something extreme, it's not earth shattering news because he's a radio personality. When the person aspiring to be the figurehead of one of the two major political parties in the nation follows suit, it deserves some media attention.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Regardless of the malicious intent of this thing, anyone who actually finds this funny is easily entertained.

And the GOP just proves again that it has absolutely no sense of self-awareness.

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001
Yes it was very expensive, it cost us some of our integrity and some their Rights. - Red Dawn

It was a mess. But wars are never neat. Do you think it was worth it? It's hard to argue with the fact we haven't been attacked.

I would have preferred using a nuclear bomb to take out Kabul and Bagdad on 9/12. More effective and much cheaper.

Awesome, another 12-year old republican shock jock!

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Jeesh, from googling it doesn't look like this guy is even a member of the RNC. The sending if this CD isn't remotely *official*. I'll bet his chances of getting elected to the RNC are zero now.

Fern
Damn, he would have been a perfect fit.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
And people wonder why blacks don't vote Republican? With more and more minorities, the Republican party is going to be a thing of the past in 50 years.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

No, it's actually not hard to argue. You, nor anyone else for that matter, has any idea whether our actions since 9/11 actually prevented all attacks, or whether those who wish to attack us again 9/11-style have simply been holding their actions and waiting for some specific moment that hasn't happened yet. IMHO, we've probably thwarted some attacks on U.S. soil, but overseas, the terrorists have hit pretty hard and more regularly than ever before. Remember too that Americans abroad are often caught up in these foreign incidents.

nobodyknows

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2008
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Jeesh, from googling it doesn't look like this guy is even a member of the RNC. The sending if this CD isn't remotely *official*. I'll bet his chances of getting elected to the RNC are zero now.

Fern
Damn, he would have been a perfect fit.

Instead of pretending your a political matchmaker maybe you should stick to lifting weights. That seems like more of a "perfect fit" to me. ;p ;)

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004

and much, much stupider

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: jonks
Originally posted by: CADsortaGUY
I'm not outraged - I'm laughing at you people who don't understand this and have your panties in a twist over it.

:roll: Condemning it because of the political position and such is one thing - the actual song is another. I am laughing at you people who do not understand the song and the context under which it was produced. You morons seem to think it's some sort of racist song - it's not.... not that you and your types will ever be intellectually honest enough to admit it.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: KGBMAN

See ya in about 20 years or when Bill Kristol dies, whichever comes first.

I'm going to spend the next 20 years picking the bones of Liberals. You've got a President. What else have you got?

Zip. Zero. Nada.
OK, so what do you have that's so special and why didn't you guys use it during the last 8 years?

Wow. Sig worthy for the pure essence of concisely worded truth.

Good one Red Dawn.:thumbsup:

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
GOP = Grand OLD Party, and they are reinforcing that generalization with the stupidity that is Saltsman distributing this. It's unacceptable to call a black a "negro", and it was done in poor taste. The good news is that Huckabee's fcktard manager won't be winning any major office anytime soon, the bad news is that racists view this as a "joke".

Julius Shark

Banned
Dec 28, 2008
Republicans would be well advised to continue to distance themselves from the greasy up and outers and down and outers that elected Obama.

This kind of satire is very good at illuminating the ire we have toward Obama voters. It?s Obama voters that are the crap holes of society. The "something for nothing" crowd.

Give Obama a chance and he?ll fuck it up so we can come in and pick up the pieces.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: The Dubious Shank
Arrgh!!! I'm so pissed that the vast majority of voters turned their backs on me and my kind just because we fucked the dog over the last 8 years. Now you'll have to excuse me, I have some Black Churches to burn, some Abortion Clinics to bomb and some Soldiers Funerals to disrupt .
:shocked:

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Republicans would be well advised to continue to distance themselves from the greasy up and outers and down and outers that elected Obama.

This kind of satire is very good at illuminating the ire we have toward Obama voters. It?s Obama voters that are the crap holes of society. The "something for nothing" crowd.

Give Obama a chance and he?ll fuck it up so we can come in and pick up the pieces.

Get help.

ElMonoDelMar

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2004

You're seething quite a bit. Did a liberal piss in your Cheerios or something?

Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: ElMonoDelMar

You're seething quite a bit. Did a liberal piss in your Cheerios or something?
And then topped it off with a large dump I imagine. Isn't bigotry lovely. :disgust:

Mani

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2001

lol...this guy clearly doesn't get the irony of this statement.

BMW540I6speed

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
I find it interesting that the only two groups that have used the word "negro" in reference to our next president : Al Qaeda and Republicans, most notably Limbaugh, who aired the song and aspiring RNC chairman Saltsman.

It seems then, that Al Qaeda and some leading Republicans have a common view of the next leader of the free world. Not to mention a number of other views that mirror these two groups: Religion in society: dominant, and woman in society: subordinate.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Originally posted by: BMW540I6speed
I find it interesting that the only two groups that have used the word "negro" in reference to our next president : Al Qaeda and Republicans, most notably Limbaugh, who aired the song and aspiring RNC chairman Saltsman.

It seems then, that Al Qaeda and some leading Republicans have a common view of the next leader of the free world. Not to mention a number of other views that mirror these two groups: Religion in society: dominant, and woman in society: subordinate.

That is quite a logical leap you performed there.