Republican Party claims Jan. 6 attack on capital is "legitimate political discourse."

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
WASHINGTON — The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” formally rebuking two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.

Where does it end? What's permissible, what isn't? Oklahoma City Bombing OK? 9-11 OK? Nuclear holocaust? Genocide? Turning our backs on the Afghans who aided us on their soil, breaking our decades long promises? Abandoning the Kurds in Syria? Where do you draw the line?

At this point I have to think that the GOP is all about obfuscation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pohemi

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
WASHINGTON — The Republican Party on Friday officially declared the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the Capitol and events that led to it “legitimate political discourse,” formally rebuking two lawmakers in the party who have been most outspoken in condemning the deadly riot and the role of Donald J. Trump in spreading the election lies that fueled it.

Where does it end? What's permissible, what isn't? Oklahoma City Bombing OK? 9-11 OK? Nuclear holocaust? Genocide? Turning our backs on the Afghans who aided us on their soil? And the Kurds in Syria? Where do you draw the line?
There is no line and it doesn't end.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Remember how back in January Republicans were floating the idea that because the attack on the capitol was so heinous it was actually a secret Democratic/Deep State plot to make Republicans look bad?
Talk about some far fetched optics! :rolleyes:

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
It only took a year to rewrite this history (unlike Holocaust denial, which took decades to really gain a following) because the people who’d believe it are already shit for brains and incapable of any degree of independent thought. They’ll buy it hook line and sinker because it makes them feel better about themselves (and like CRT anything that gives them shameful feels gets banned.)

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Goal posts? F that, I don't think they even have one. Like everything else, goal posts are for thee not for me.
It reminds me of the Family Guy episode with James Woods: "Oooh! Piece of candy. Oooh! Piece of candy."

The GOP is Peter, walking backwards 5ft in front of Woods, and Woods is the GOP voting base. They just keep tossing out random bullshit, and people can't even raise their eyes from the floor to realize they're walking into a dark box.

Leymenaide

Feb 16, 2010
Voltaire’s Candid definition.

“It is the madness of maintaining that everything is right when it is wrong.”

In 1939 after the Germans occupied Warsaw a wise man said.

“This is now about survival.”

We are quickly approaching this point. There is nothing to discuss.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Voltaire’s Candid definition.

“It is the madness of maintaining that everything is right when it is wrong.”

In 1939 after the Germans occupied Warsaw a wise man said.

“This is now about survival.”

We are quickly approaching this point. There is nothing to discuss.
Voltaire was one of the greats of history, a brilliant man. A read of the Wikipedia page on him is well worth the time. His thinking and approach have not staled at all.

Voltaire... "was a French Enlightenment writer, historian, and philosopher famous for his wit, his criticism of Christianity—especially the Roman Catholic Church—as well as his advocacy of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and separation of church and state. "

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
Pretty shameful but again, they are poised to be heavily rewarded this fall by the voters.

We get what we deserve.

gothuevos

Golden Member
Jul 28, 2010
In any sane timeline, you'd think the recent jobs reports/revisions and this statement by the GOP would be the death knell of a political party...but not in 2022! Because evil CRT exists and need to be snuffed out, and dirty books need to be sought out and banned. And only our GOP saviors can provide.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Of course when blacks walk around Pennsylvania avenue with Trump in office its a national disgrace and they need to be shot.
I wish I could call them hypocrites but hypocrisy requires self-awareness. You have to understand you aren't practicing what you preach.