Republican NRA Suckers Get Conned As Wayne LaPierre Spends $200K On Beverly Hills Suits

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
https://www.politicususa.com/2019/0...ierre-spends-200k-on-beverly-hills-suits.html

1556934967986.png

Those liberal, coastal elites are at it again. Oh, wait. It’s actually the conservative CEO of the NRA, the association that pretends to be about everyday gun owners but really represents the bloody greed of gun manufacturers and owns the Republicans in Congress.

You know, the people who pretend liberals are such elites that they call them “limousine liberals,” whereas they stand for the flag-waving Russian peasants also now known as the conservative base.

Yes, it turns out, according to the Wall Street Journal, the NRA board let Wayne LaPierre charge $440,000 to the “nonprofit,” $200,000 of which was for suits. Suits he bought in Beverly Hills. California. Land of the snitty liberal elite.

Oh, and trips! Yes, Wayne LaPierre, who of course hates Europe like any red-blooded American who supports selling military weapons to children and suspected terrorists because hey, money is God, spent $240,000 on trips to Italy, Hungary, and the Bahamas, and charged the NRA “without providing adequate documentation.”

Documentation is for suckers. Like laws. And jobs.

It’s understandable, though, because LaPierre only makes $1.4 million a year off of your donations, as of 2017, and that’s just not enough to buy one’s own suits.

MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell wondered the same thing I am – how does that feel to $30,000 a year NRA members who haven’t had a family vacation in years.

The NRA enjoys non-profit status currently, because advocating for corporate greed is somehow in the public’s interest. The fear of losing this status is what propelled then NRA President Oliver North to write in a letter to the NRA board, “I am deeply concerned that these allegations of financial improprieties could threaten our nonprofit status.”

Well, Oliver is gone now. He went up against LaPierre and lost.

See if this sounds Oval Office-y familiar, “NRA director Marion Hammer said the travel-expense allegations were ‘part of the failed coup attempt.'”

It’s so easy to manipulate the peasants. Just claim being called out on your bad behavior is part of a coup, and the persecution-obsessed, victim-identifying conservatives will send more money.

Not to fear, peasants! The NRA is spending your money on an outside lawyer to defend the $200,000s in Italian suits and Mr. LaPierre various travel needs, “An outside attorney for the NRA, William A. Brewer III, said the ‘vast majority of travel involved donor outreach, fundraising and stakeholder engagement. The board is aware of the allegations and has taken them under review.’

Mr. Brewer said certain fundraising and travel expenses were routed through Ackerman McQueen for ‘confidentiality and security purposes,’ but the practice has since been modified. Mr. LaPierre didn’t return messages left at the NRA.”

You see, when you have a regular job where the bank just gives you money when you run out as Trump explained during his shutdown, you don’t need to vacation or wear Italian suits and you certainly don’t need to “route” your expenses through an ad agency.

Yes, peasants, do continue to give to LaPierre, because after all if you don’t, the government run by Donald Trump will no doubt come for the machine guns you have stuffed under the seat of your car in case you need to stand your ground when some liberal elite comes asking for your money.

These guys in the photo above? They’re all happily funding Mr. LaPierre’s liberal elite lifestyle. When you’re rich, they let you do it.

And that’s okay, because every dollar LaPierre funnels off for himself is a dollar not being spent keeping Republican traitors in office, which is the NRA’s actual job, because only Republicans can be counted on not to care about the lost lives of children slaughtered at their schools and in their homes.

Ummm.. bawahahahahahaha. Didn't slow donate money recently? And who else? Money well spent on someone else to wear some suits or go on vacation! LOL!

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Slow is perfectly fine supporting a money laundering organization that pisses away his money.

A fool and his money.....you know the saying

Reactions: dank69

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Well LaPierre certainly deserves to wear the latest designs from the liberal elite as befitting the awesome responsibilities that he carries with the office he holds. Just ask any card carrying member. The last thing they'd do is bad mouth the higher-up's that represent their 2A rights no matter how blatantly they misuse/abuse their god-given privileges.

Like Trump, he can do anything and say anything so long as he supports the gun lobby gun enthusiasts that in part pays his wages.

alien42

Lifer
Nov 28, 2004
i think the big question is, what new group will replace the NRA when it's shutdown/goes out of business?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
It’s pretty funny how these idiots brag about donating to the NRA and then the grifters in charge of it spend their money like this.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
LaPierre outdid Trumpie on retaining his position and graft. Ollie North brings this very legitimate matter to the attention of the Board of Directors. LaPierre claims North is blackmailing him and runs him out of town on a rail.

The NRA is going to become our domestic equivalent of North Korea and it's cult of personality.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
The more money the NRA suckers out of suckers, the better.

I was an NRA member once but then they morphed into whatever they are now. An organization that supports training and responsibility of ownership and use would be a positive IMO but nothing is what it once was or at least as good as it should have been it seems. I don't even understand why the insecurity that people have to buy a suit like this anyway. It's like peacocks strutting for other males in some bizarre territorial statement. They and others may think it expresses superiority but to me, it's weakness being compensated for but then I have always thought that much of this is silly alpha stuff anyway.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015
I was an NRA member once but then they morphed into whatever they are now. An organization that supports training and responsibility of ownership and use would be a positive IMO but nothing is what it once was or at least as good as it should have been it seems. I don't even understand why the insecurity that people have to buy a suit like this anyway. It's like peacocks strutting for other males in some bizarre territorial statement. They and others may think it expresses superiority but to me, it's weakness being compensated for but then I have always thought that much of this is silly alpha stuff anyway.
The NRA pretends to stand for second amendment rights. But it's essentially just a lobbying arm of gun manufacturers. Its job is to stir up paranoia of FEMA gun-confiscators, so that people hoard more guns and ammo, and politicians vote for whatever they want. At its most powerful, it would be able to stir violent conflict inside the US, for hand-over-fist profits. They know where the line is, and will always skirt it.

The line that they skirt, is dependent on there not being civil strife encouraged by the members of state.

You can bet on that.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Eh, the most intelligent poster in P&N's contributions probably amount to a couple buttons on one of those suits.
The buttons on those suits are probably made from 100% pure Bitcoin. Slow's measly contributions probably wouldn't be enough to buy a single spool to hold the thread.

PJFrylar

Apr 17, 2016
The buttons on those suits are probably made from 100% pure Bitcoin. Slow's measly contributions probably wouldn't be enough to buy a single spool to hold the thread.

You bring up a fair point. Creating a fabric of pure gold would be mighty difficult, considering how fragile ... not to mention metallic... it is. How do you even buy 200k worth of suits? Class warfare needs to become 2 sided. We won't get there until people realize they are supporting grifters like that. We are on the same team; as much as is pains me to say it, Slow and me should be on the same team. We need to realize that. I don't see how that will happen until the alt-right fucks off and stops having power. The super crazy liberals? Yeah, they are crazy. Dudes like Alex Jones being somewhat mainstream though? We don't have a chance.

You guys don't actually think he'd put his money where his mouth is do you?

No, but he put someone else's money where his mouth was. He will continue to do so, quite happily.

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
I've never joined the NRA for two reasons: I don't like how they spend money and I don't agree with many of their policies. And I know lots of gun owners agree with me. The NRA keeps pushing the narrative the it's an emergency and they need your money right now or it's all over. They've been saying it for years.

That's said, what other choice do pro-gun folks have? Who else is fighting for gun rights? Law abiding gun owners are under attack because people are looking for a quick fix to a complex problem, and want to blame us for the actions of the sick/criminal/evil few who commit gun crimes. The more anti-gunners focus on gun control that will only hurt the law-abiding the more you will push folks into NRA membership.

Nothing galvanizes the opposition like attacking them. Talk of new gun control always leads to more gun sales and more NRA memberships.

Last edited:

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
I've never joined the NRA for two reasons: I don't like how they spend money and I don't agree with many of their policies. And I know lots of gun owners agree with me. The NRA keeps pushing the narrative the it's an emergency and they need your money right now or it's all over. They've been saying it for years.

That's said, what other choice to pro-gun folks have? Who else is fighting for gun rights? Law abiding gun owners are under attack because people are looking for a quick fix to a complex problem, and want to blame us for the actions of the sick/criminal/evil few who commit gun crimes. The more anti-gunners focus on gun control that will only hurt the law-abiding the more you will push folks into NRA membership.

Nothing galvanizes the opposition like attacking them. Talk of new gun control always leads to more gun sales and more NRA memberships.
When are "pro-gun folks" going to stop treating ANY limits or restrictions on gun ownership as an attack on their freedumbs?

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
When are "pro-gun folks" going to stop treating ANY limits or restrictions on gun ownership as an attack on their freedumbs?
As soon as those limits or restrictions on gun ownership target those who are actually breaking the law. When you cast a wide net limiting the rights of everyone to hopefully get the few who are actually the problem we're not going to be happy. And the courts are starting to agree with us as seen in the recent overturn of the 10-round magazine limit in California.

I don't know how much more reasonable than that we can be.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
As soon as those limits or restrictions on gun ownership target those who are actually breaking the law. When you cast a wide net limiting the rights of everyone to hopefully get the few who are actually the problem we're not going to be happy. And the courts are starting to agree with us as seen in the recent overturn of the 10-round magazine limit in California.

I don't know how much more reasonable than that we can be.

what? how does one do that? please tell me who these people are, and how to identify them before they get all murdery.

Reactions: dank69

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
what? how does one do that? please tell me who these people are, and how to identify them before they get all murdery.
No, no, no. You have to justify how any new gun legislation would help stop crimes without being an undo and unconstitutional burden on the law abiding. Not the other way around.

It's folly to think that when no easy answer presents itself that then somehow the unconstitutional is suddenly okay.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
No, no, no. You have to justify how any new gun legislation would help stop crimes without being an undo and unconstitutional burden on the law abiding. Not the other way around.

It's folly to think that when no easy answer presents itself that then somehow the unconstitutional is suddenly okay.

what is unconstitutional about limiting the types of guns that are allowed?