Feb 4, 2009
Adam Schiff says Republicans are afraid of the President because their heads will end up on a Pike. Many feels get hurt.

"I thought he was doing fine with moral courage until he got to the head on a pike. That's where he lost me ... he's a good orator," said the Alaska Republican, whose vote is crucial in the Democrat’s push to subpoena new witnesses and documents in the trial. "You've got to give him that. And he was moving right along with good oratory ... it was just unnecessary."

Fuck their feels, goddamn babies.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
R senators deny it. Excuse me for a sec while I laugh at their credibility.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
So..Trump's people have promised that any disloyal Senators will end up with their heads on pikes. Why should they accept that? Your political career is over anyhow so why not go out fighting? Is Trump the only one who has pikes? Because right now, four pikes would ruin his day and two dozen would end him altogether. But it is easier to be a bitch I guess.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Do they not realize how dumb they sound when they say ‘I was thinking about voting to remove the president for betraying the country and his oath of office but then someone said something mean to me’?

Anger is a natural reaction when somebody exposes your calculation so deftly and publicly. What else is there?

Reactions: Perknose

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It hurts because it's true in a metaphorical sense. The GOP spent decades crazifying their base only to have Trump steal it. And now he has the Party by the balls, hostage to his whims. He'll lay them to waste if they turn on him. Lots of people tried to tell 'em not to do that, but they wouldn't listen. It's how they won elections, by spreading the FUD. They arrogantly thought they could always control it. Crazy doesn't work that way.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
Do they not realize how dumb they sound when they say ‘I was thinking about voting to remove the president for betraying the country and his oath of office but then someone said something mean to me’?

They sound like liars. We all know they weren't really considering voting to remove him anyway. They were just looking for a bare shred of anything in Schiff's presentation to give them a flimsy excuse to not do what they already weren't going to do.

Reactions: Vic

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I would like to see a reputable source for that myself.

Adam isn't one.

What sources you consider reliable and unreliable is a continuing source of amazement to me.

If you had even bothered to listen to the passage in question you would know that Schiff cited his source when he made the statement, and it’s a reputable source.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I would like to see a reputable source for that myself.

Adam isn't one.

I really hope this is sarcasm.

If not, it's a pretty sad indication of how mindless party loyalty overrides reason and logic. Let's see, who should we trust... Schiff, who has been crafting a case based on solid evidence and is making a claim that is entirely consistent with Trump's behavior, or Trump and his devotees, who lie so often that you have to assume they're being dishonest as a matter of course?

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I really hope this is sarcasm.

If not, it's a pretty sad indication of how mindless party loyalty overrides reason and logic. Let's see, who should we trust... Schiff, who has been crafting a case based on solid evidence and is making a claim that is entirely consistent with Trump's behavior, or Trump and his devotees, who lie so often that you have to assume they're being dishonest as a matter of course?

LOL right now, I wouldn't believe pcgeek has been run over with a car if he told me because he's so full of lies.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Repubs are fighting facts and truths with lies because their leader in the White House lies so often it's all they can do to keep him from committing political suicide as he has shown to be chronically desirous of.

The defense being put up in his trial is full of lies, deceptive commentary and callous allusions that is literally making a mockery of the proceedings because the only intention of Trump's defense team is to make excuses for the majority Repubs who are obviously on track to acquit him no matter how strong the evidence is toward convicting Trump.

His team of lawyers cannot put up a defense based on factual evidence because the facts of this matter weigh heavily against their client. Ergo, their only recourse is to cover Trump's lies with more lies all dressed up in fancy legalese.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Every vicious-worthless-piece of shit-feeling person has one great fear, that others are just like him or her, and that they also live by an eye for an eye.

Feb 4, 2009
The babies are still crying about Schiffs comment.

I can’t believe so many in the crowd that regularly uses “snowflake” are taking offense to this. Really crazy or just hoping to blame everything on Schiff when they don’t vote for witnesses or to impeach.
I can hear the deplorable’s now. But....but if Schiff wasn’t so mean they would have listened to him it’s Adam Schiffs fault.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Their champion has done far worse uncounted times yet they cry "outrage!" after Schiff's comments. Perhaps not the best choice by Schiff who otherwise led a brilliant, stirring, case for the Dems. Make no mistake though, the fake outrage is just the "offramp" for those Senators who told their base they were "thinking about" voting for witness's/documents. Now they can claim "I was going to until Schiff insulted me!", now they will follow their jellyfish in change Mitch and prevent any admission of either. Our only hope going forward is the people voting these cowards out and of course Dump will only become 10X more the asshole going forward that he is now so their vote for a fake trial will look horrible.

Reactions: The d00d