Republican Dodgers legend Steve Garvey rising in California Senate race

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
1705860398735.png
Former Dodgers player Steve Garvey, a staunch Republican is a superstar in California. But just last month, a POLITICO | Morning Consult poll clocked Garvey at 19 percent, placing him in a statistical dead-heat for second place behind Schiff, the Democratic frontrunner — and giving him a shot at making it out of the state’s jungle primary and into the top-two runoff in November. For the first time in a long time, Republicans in California feel they just might stand a chance at statewide office — even if that chance isn’t all that great.

All posts in PN require personal comment - not just pics, or links or quotes.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Does Steve Garvey think this country has never been racist?
He played with Black stars like Reggie Smith and Dusty Baker, who was beloved as a Dodgers....Garvey was a good teammate to them, and Garvey is running on tax cuts and deregulation...not race.

Reactions: AMCRambler

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
He played with Black stars like Reggie Smith and Dusty Baker, who was beloved as a Dodgers....Garvey was a good teammate to them, and Garvey is running on tax cuts and deregulation...not race.
Nothing like Republicans s running for the common man giving tax cuts to the rich. Also deregulations are for corporations not the common man

Not being allowed to dump waste into public waters goes against corporations bottom line

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Most people in CA today do not even remember who Steve Garvey is, but I do hope he places second.

He will get demolished in the general election and then the resources that were going to be spent on Schiff v. Porter will be spent elsewhere.

Reactions: GettyRoad

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
Most people in CA today do not even remember who Steve Garvey is, but I do hope he places second.

He will get demolished in the general election and then the resources that were going to be spent on Schiff v. Porter will be spent elsewhere.
CA GOP should of ran Mike Piazza, former Dodger and Met, he'd do well. Piazza is a staunch MAGA, he'd do well in OC.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014

Pathetic that the Democrats would have spent money propping Schiff up against Porter. But already saw them do that at a smaller scale in my house district (TX-28) where they pushed right winger Henry Cuellar over the finish line (by 289 votes) when he had a primary challenge from a great candidate in Jessica Cisneros.

Drach

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2022
Garvey doesn't stand a chance in hell of winning a senate seat in California.

Reactions: Muse

I'dluv2

Oct 21, 2022
Pathetic that the Democrats would have spent money propping Schiff up against Porter. But already saw them do that at a smaller scale in my house district (TX-28) where they pushed right winger Henry Cuellar over the finish line (by 289 votes) when he had a primary challenge from a great candidate in Jessica Cisneros.

I like Steve Garvey, I used to bet on him in the Breeders Cup.

When Steve Garvey dodged accountability for fathering two children with different women in the span of one year

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
lol - another thing that makes me think you read a wiki article about America.

Running has-been sports stars will not work for them.
Not in California.

It did almost work in Georgia. It's sick how close that absolute trash bag of a human being got to the Senate.

Reactions: GettyRoad

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
lol - another thing that makes me think you read a wiki article about America.

Running has-been sports stars will not work for them.
Garvey is not going to win, baseball's conservative stars today are afraid to say they are conservative because they are pressured to stay quiet.

GettyRoad

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2016
lol no they are not.
lol yes, they are. The days of the Lenny Dykstras, Al Leiters, John Francos and John Rockers of the world ruling baseball with their opinions are over.

Social media, especially in sports and locker rooms won't allow it. Any athlete with a rightwing view will be looked at differently, especially in a locker room that is minority-dominated...