Repartition after Bootcamp Install?

RedWolf

Golden Member
Oct 27, 1999
After installing bootcamp and playing with it, I'd like to increase my windows partition size. Is there any way to do that without wiping and reinstalling?

TheStu

Moderator<br>Mobile Devices & Gadgets
Sep 15, 2004
Is it XP or Vista?

I remember reading somewhere (no idea if this is true or not) that Vista can merge two partitions into one, so what you can try is to rewrite your partition table under OS X, break however much you want off of the OS X partition and then boot into Windows to format that new partition to your preferred FS. Then (if this actually possible) merge these two partitions... maybe with Partition Magic.

To rewrite the partition table you will have to play around in Terminal, so if that concept bothers you, then wipe and reinstall.

Kaido

Elite Member & Kitchen Overlord
Feb 14, 2004
Originally posted by: RedWolf
After installing bootcamp and playing with it, I'd like to increase my windows partition size. Is there any way to do that without wiping and reinstalling?

There is no way I know of to do it without wiping and reinstalling. Just follow my tutorial here, it's not overly complicated:

http://forum.onmac.net/showthread.php?t=2745

RedWolf

Golden Member
Oct 27, 1999
Can you use a ghost image to backup and restore? We have ghost and my windows install is quite large (Adobe Creative Suite is installed on there). Overall, it may be just as easy to redo the windows side entirely.