Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. Formally Endorses Dean

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Press Release

COLUMBIA, S.C.--Illinois Congressman Jesse Jackson, Jr., today endorsed Governor Howard Dean, M.D., citing Dean's vision for America and his ability to unite Americans from all backgrounds and regions. Jackson made the announcement as part of a campaign swing with Governor Dean through South Carolina today, where the two men celebrated the opening of the Dean campaign's state headquarters.

"Today I'm endorsing Howard Dean because he desires to provide 'food for hungry men and women'--jobs, education and health care--and to 'strike a blow' to lift all Americans to a new economic plane and a higher moral plateau," Jackson said in a speech here today.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Any relation to that crackpot Reverend? If so, I will most certainly NOT vote for dean.

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Yes, this is the son of the famous Jesse Jackson. Jesse Jr., unofficial bio with picture. But is interesting to look as his official bio. It looks like the guy has his own accomplishments to talk about. When I read through his official bio, I didn't see any references to Dad. The official bio is here Official Bio

EDITED: I pushed the wrong button and posted. I meant to add, interesting that Jesse Jr. waited until he saw which way the wind was blowing.

MonstaThrilla

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2000
Originally posted by: XZeroII
Any relation to that crackpot Reverend? If so, I will most certainly NOT vote for dean.

You were never ever gonna vote for Dean...
rolleye.gif

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

rolleye.gif

I knew nothing about him. I don't rule out people whom I don't actually know. Today I did a small amount of research into the guy and found out that I will not vote for him for many reasons.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000

rolleye.gif

I knew nothing about him. I don't rule out people whom I don't actually know. Today I did a small amount of research into the guy and found out that I will not vote for him for many reasons.

I am sure he's heartbroken that a guy who wasn't gonna vote for him anyways now has found a reason not to.

XZeroII

Lifer
Jun 30, 2001
Originally posted by: SuperTool

rolleye.gif

I am sure he's heartbroken that a guy who wasn't gonna vote for him anyways now has found a reason not to.

As I said, I don't rule out people I don't actually know. Before today, I had no reason not to vote for him.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Originally posted by: SuperTool

rolleye.gif

As I said, I don't rule out people I don't actually know. Before today, I had no reason not to vote for him.

One only needs to read your previous posts. I guess there was a chance you would vote for Dean, but then again there is a chance that W will vote for Dean too ;)