Rep Anthony Weiner Gives Life to the House

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paul98

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2010
Notice how you had to put "given how most democrats voted" in there? In other words, the result is conditional on the dem votes. Conversely, the outcome is NOT conditional on the republican votes.

You really can't be this stupid can you? I assume you are just a troll who doesn't believe what they write so I am done. Because ether way there will be no way to convince you.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
So what is it there votes matter or they don't matter?

In terms of blaming them, their vote does not matter. I was simply pointing out that you were wrong on both counts. They did not all vote one way, some of them voted the other way, and yes, in the grand scheme their vote does not matter because the dems could pass the bill without them.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
EVERY fucking republican voted NO, only a FEW democrats voted NO. How did the republican votes NOT matter, if they voted the way they felt rather than along party lines there would have been yes votes from the republicans and it would have passed. This means that there votes DO matter. There are no two ways about it.

Fail. Not good enough to be epic, just a normal failure, congratulations.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Wrong.

The democrats ...STILL trying to blame republicans because they can't get their party on the same page.

oh wait people are supposed to only vote along party lines? what about repubs who cant their people in line who vote yes on bills.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
oh wait people are supposed to only vote along party lines? what about repubs who cant their people in line who vote yes on bills.

Who said anything about how people are supposed to vote? The democrats are trying to blame the republicans for their own failure to secure enough votes to pass the bill. That is all.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Bills which aren't supposed to be controversial are often put through this way.

Thanks for defending the jerkoff behavior though, yeah attaching amendments to the bill to deny benefits for illegals who were harmed is purely legislative masturbation.

Looks like another fine hour for the Party of Hate (America).

What's next? Deny death benefits and care to non-citizen soldiers who are killed/maimed in Iraq/Afghanistan?

--

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

Where did I say that? Oh I didn't! More loony leftist trying to put words into peoples mouths. So pathetic.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Democrats can't pass bill, blame Republicans for their failure yet again!!! Extra! Extra!

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Who said anything about how people are supposed to vote? The democrats are trying to blame the republicans for their own failure to secure enough votes to pass the bill. That is all.

so the dems should expect to gets votes from only dems?? Repub votes should not ever be considered realistic? Don't the repubs realize that this bill is not about any party and is about people that have greater courage than they ever will.

I guess the dems did fail to get enough votes to pass, especially since the repubs hate 9/11 responders so much.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
so the dems should expect to gets votes from only dems?? Repub votes should not ever be considered realistic? Don't the repubs realize that this bill is not about any party and is about people that have greater courage than they ever will.

I guess the dems did fail to get enough votes to pass, especially since the repubs hate 9/11 responders so much.

Hahaha such a sad little dem.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005

No you dope, I said nothing about the merits of the bill. I said the democrats can't blame the republicans for their own failure to pass the bill. The constituents can decide if they want to blame their rep for voting yes/no depending on their own preference on the bill.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
Where did I say that? Oh I didn't! More loony leftist trying to put words into peoples mouths. So pathetic.

Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Democrats can't pass bill, blame Republicans for their failure yet again!!! Extra! Extra!

Yeah i guess ur right, its the dems fault they couldn't get 100% of their own party vote. The republicans are not responsible for a bill that didn't pass cause the dems are the majority right? Hell if the repubs mattered this little we should just kick em outa the house and stop paying them to just vote no. The party who controls the house is the only one that matters in there anyway.

I hear 1 party system works great in china.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Yeah i guess ur right, its the dems fault they couldn't get 100% of their own party vote. The republicans are not responsible for a bill that didn't pass cause the dems are the majority right? Hell if the repubs mattered this little we should just kick em outa the house and stop paying them to just vote no. The party who controls the house is the only one that matters in there anyway.

reading between the lines...anything that doesn't get 100% party votes is "FAIL"

great system ah!

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

More fail from you? 12 Republicans DID vote FOR it, but don't let that get in the way of your emotional breakdown.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
More fail from you? 12 Republicans DID vote FOR it, but don't let that get in the way of your emotional breakdown.

Looks like you got your deflector shields up.

Yeah they did, and good for them. The dems did reach across the aisle and tried to get repub support. But how is not getting 4% (11) of dem votes, but the vast overwhelming majority of them and even 12 repub votes supposed to be about dems not getting their party in order? It just shows you the willingness of the overwhelming majority of repubs to put 9/11 responders under the bus to follow their party line.

Thank god they voted on it finally though so it's on record that most repubs hate 9/11 responders.

Back on topic, weiner was right: Vote yes or vote no, but don't stall about procedures after 7+ years of working on it.

PeshakJang

Platinum Member
Mar 17, 2010
Pretty telling how Craig only uses this as an excuse to denigrate the Republicans for voting no, without arguing the merits of the bill.

Pretty obvious, as I posted in the other thread, that this is a terrible bill that does little to actually help the people that need help, and instead is basically a handout of billions of dollars to people who don't need it, with no way to pay for it.

Too bad the Republicans don't introduce a "We Love America and Support Our Troops" bill which gives a $10 billion tax break to wealthy Americans... then the Dems could vote no and Craig could call them a bunch of immoral traitors. Ah.. if only.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I've long liked this guy. He's right consistently on calling out the immoral behavior.

Him and Grayson. At least they don't come to a knife fight with library books like the rest of the Democratic party.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
This particular vote is just another part of the greater Republican scheme to prevent passage of anything that's not in lockstep with their leadership goals. The actual merits of any particular bill are immaterial in this context.

Given that their agenda hasn't changed one whit from the disastrous bush years, they really have nothing constructive to offer. If they can't have even more of what they want, they'll do their best to preserve what they've achieved so far.

when you can't build yourself up, when what you offer has been shown to fail spectacularly, the answer is to tear the other guy down, then call him a Loser!, hope the public falls for it...