Rep Anthony Weiner Gives Life to the House

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I've long liked this guy. He's right consistently on calling out the immoral behavior.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
hahah yeah i agree with him. Vote yes or no. if you think the 9/11 responders deserve treatment then vote yes. if you think they don't deserve it vote no.

all the extra shit is just bullshit. one of the things i hate about politics. they take a good bill and add shit that turn it into a shitty bill.

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
I love it, the Democrats try and pull some shenanigans and then blame the GOP.

Typical.

Maybe next time the Democrats wont suspend the rules and follow regular procedure.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
For all we know, this was a purposefully set trap by the Democrats to force the Republicans to object on procedure on an amendment that Americans at large would support.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
For all we know, this was a purposefully set trap by the Democrats to force the Republicans to object on procedure on an amendment that Americans at large would support.
Should be easily "refudiated" then.

^_^

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005

Bills which aren't supposed to be controversial are often put through this way.

Thanks for defending the jerkoff behavior though, yeah attaching amendments to the bill to deny benefits for illegals who were harmed is purely legislative masturbation.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Haha Weinerdog having a partisan hissy fit under the cover of a good intentioned bill that was probably stuffed with crap.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Haha Weinerdog having a partisan hissy fit under the cover of a good intentioned bill that was probably stuffed with crap.

what crap?

I honestly didn't know they stuffed crap in this bill. Do you have a list of that crap?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005

If they think it's "stuffed with crap" then they should vote "no" on it. Weiner is correct, these constant procedural maneuvers to block votes are not a healthy part of our system. Of course, Weiner isn't covering the times his own party has done this. Nonetheless, his message is basically correct.

- wolf

CaptainGoodnight

Golden Member
Oct 13, 2000
his problem is A) he can't answer for the 12 dems who abstained or voted no
b) he thinks that the congressmen have to justify their votes to him rather their their own constituents

Patranus

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2007
If they think it's "stuffed with crap" then they should vote "no" on it. Weiner is correct, these constant procedural maneuvers to block votes are not a healthy part of our system. Of course, Weiner isn't covering the times his own party has done this. Nonetheless, his message is basically correct.

- wolf

I don't think you understand the process of events. The GOP weren't the ones who tried a procedural maneuver it was the Democrats by suspending the rules.

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Taking into account the history of such things, it's a good assumption.

JSt0rm01 you are retarded.

hey man I just said probably you know, so I could back out of it without researching your inbreeding, poor hygiene and bad genetic make up.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
his problem is A) he can't answer for the 12 dems who abstained or voted no

Of course he can. There are plenty of 'bad dems', corproatist dems, blue dog dems, who vote badly. Easy to explain.

b) he thinks that the congressmen have to justify their votes to him rather their their own constituents

Are you an idiot? The Congressmen discuss what's right and wrong with each other.

If we listened to you, there is zero point to any discussion or debate - the Congressmen simply deal with their own constituents and don't listen to a word from colleagues.

There's never any reason to criticize any vote by anyone - just close all debate.