Reno, NV judge shot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Specop 007

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2005
Originally posted by: NeonAura
Originally posted by: dafatha00
wow... just wow... you elevated your own thread to a new level of stupid. Bravo.

Actually, I think you should think about things more. Things will always happen- shootings will always happen, etc.. but it's the government's job to stop it however they can. If they can't, they fail. Blame it on the government for not protecting you, not on the people that do it- sh!t happens.

I'm speechless

Listen, you leave your car door unlocked. A burglar steals your stuff. Should you blame the burglar for taking his opportunity or for you being stupid and not stopping him? I'd blame myself.

You just said earlier you'd blame the government....Now you're saying you'd blame yourself....

I'm confused.....And I blame you.

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
wow... just wow... you elevated your own thread to a new level of stupid. Bravo.

Actually, I think you should think about things more. Things will always happen- shootings will always happen, etc.. but it's the government's job to stop it however they can. If they can't, they fail. Blame it on the government for not protecting you, not on the people that do it- sh!t happens.

I'm speechless

Listen, you leave your car door unlocked. A burglar steals your stuff. Should you blame the burglar for taking his opportunity or for you being stupid and not stopping him? I'd blame myself.

What does that analogy have to do with a judge being shot by a madman?

Xonoahbin

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: buck

I'm speechless

You could've stopped it through preventative measures (see bulletproof glass.) Most courthouses have it, but apparently this one didn't.. and I blame whoever was in charge of security at the courthouse.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000

I'm speechless

You could've stopped it through preventative measures (see bulletproof glass.) Most courthouses have it, but apparently this one didn't.. and I blame whoever was in charge of security at the courthouse.

So if your mom was walking in the park without any weapons to protect herself, and she was raped, you would blame her for being raped?

JDrake

Banned
Dec 27, 2005
Maybe I'm twisted, sick, mentally ill, or all of the above, but that's freakin' sweet

Xonoahbin

Aug 16, 2005

I'm speechless

So if your mom was walking in the park without any weapons to protect herself, and she was raped, you would blame her for being raped?

If she was walking alone in the park without any kind of protection, then sure I'd be angry at the person that did it, but I'd tell her she should've been prepared.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I'm speechless

If she was walking alone in the park without any kind of protection, then sure I'd be angry at the person that did it, but I'd tell her she should've been prepared.

it's funny how you evolved from 'the government must save us' to 'she should've been prepared'.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002
From articles pulled up on another forum that I read it appears that the Judge was not a very well liked man.

OFFascist

Jun 10, 2002

Wow that is some idiot backwards thinking there.

The government is not responsible for your individual safety. Nor should it be.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Must have been an activist judge? You just know with all the attacks on the judiciary from the right some nutcase would take it too far at some point.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Holy crap! He was sniped? Hope the guy is able to pull through ok.

And that judge in GA that was killed in court, that happend last year didn't it? Time to get serious about security!

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: OFFascist

Wow that is some idiot backwards thinking there.

The government is not responsible for your individual safety. Nor should it be.

Not only is it ass backwards, its incorrect Text

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: senseamp
Must have been an activist judge? You just know with all the attacks on the judiciary from the right some nutcase would take it too far at some point.

That statement was dumb as fvck.

He was a family court judge. A more logical assumption would be an angry ex.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Originally posted by: Specop 007
They should make it illegal to shoot judges. Problem solved.

last I checked, it's illegal to shoot anyone.

OTOH, they should make it legal to shoot druggie scum.

Feb 24, 2001
From the legalreader links about the guy, it was probably a matter of time. Not saying it's right, but he's got a thing against husbands...

MegaWorks

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2004
NeonAura, I blame both the shooter off course and "the person that design this building".

RichardE

Banned
Dec 31, 2005
Originally posted by: notfred
Originally posted by: notfred
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/12/judge.shot.ap/index.html

Good job America's courthouses.. too preoccupied with securing the INSIDE of the courthouse to have bulletproof glass.

Please tell me you didn't just blame this shooting on the people who designed the courthouse.

I blame it on the way they secure the building. You don't have courthouses WITHOUT bulletproof glass. It wasn't the designer's fault; you can always replace glass..

Oh, ok then, I guess there's something wrong with me since I would have blamed the guy who pointed a gun at someone else and pulled the trigger. :roll:

You're the type of person to blame 9/11 on terrorists even though the US could have stopped it, especially with better security.

Ugh...

Umm...

I take it you would agree with detaining people for life who were born into poverty since they are statistically more likely to commit crimes...

Cause ya know..we need to do everything and it is out fault if we don't stop it before it happens.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: waggy
Originally posted by: OFFascist
In case anyone was interested in more details about this, there is a good thread going on over at ar15.com, some guys did some of thier own detective work on this.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=472822&page=1

wow after reading about this judge its to bad he did not die.

Seems like there's a list of hundreds of people he's pissed off. Announcing decisions before the trial even starts? Always deciding in favor of the lawyer who was on his campain fundraising team?

At least someone stood up for their rights.