Remember when Trump said he was so rich he couldn't be bought?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
I always found this line of reasoning funny, if there's one thing that's pretty consistent with rich people it's that they always want more money. Billionaires already have way way more than they could ever need so they would have stopped long before becoming billionaires if they didn't want more money.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
That's what has always stood out to me, just how little money it takes to buy his corruption.

You're the fucking president and some people spending a couple grand on some hotel rooms moves the needle for you? wtf, haha.
Two scoops is two scoops...come on, man.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
He gives all the professional working girls and boys of the world a bad name. Shame, shame, shame Donny boyo. Epstein, Manafort and Stone taught you how to sell your ass to the highest bidder but look at you now not being able to resist the slightest flirtation and the waving of a roll of cash in front of your nose. Slut skank whore like you is bad for business in that line of work.

Speaking of which, if you don't win this next election, it looks like you're finally going to be joining all of those friends of yours that got pinched doing your dirty work. All 11 of them, yet you somehow kept those charms of yours that got them in trouble while you skated away smiling that impish smile of yours.

Time's up Donald.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004
That's what has always stood out to me, just how little money it takes to buy his corruption.

You're the fucking president and some people spending a couple grand on some hotel rooms moves the needle for you? wtf, haha.

For all conservatives, its astonishing how little it took to win their favor for huge things that are worth in some instances, billions of dollars. Its rare you see it taking even a million dollars to get that.

But that's the thing with Turmp and corrupt people like that, he expects such capitulation, its like his way of trusting someone, which is why I think it doesn't take much. They know its wrong, so the amount kinda doesn't matter, its more a sign that someone is willing to do whatever to get his good graces. He can then try to exploit more money from them later.

On the same token though, I think that's how most scammers operate. They start small and then build for bigger and bigger asks. The small stuff is where they build the trust factor that enables them to manipulate for the higher level stuff.

Its also the same with how sexual predators tend to operate (like Andrew Tate where he started by normal dating norms and kept increasing til he was full on sex trafficking them). I mention this because of how both seem to be part of Turmp's general behavior.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I think that more than money what really matters to Trump is the psychological thrill of he gets from using people. Every person he cons is one more person he can feel superior to, one more person he can look down on as a chump he's pocketed.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
For all conservatives, its astonishing how little it took to win their favor for huge things that are worth in some instances, billions of dollars. Its rare you see it taking even a million dollars to get that.

But that's the thing with Turmp and corrupt people like that, he expects such capitulation, its like his way of trusting someone, which is why I think it doesn't take much. They know its wrong, so the amount kinda doesn't matter, its more a sign that someone is willing to do whatever to get his good graces. He can then try to exploit more money from them later.

On the same token though, I think that's how most scammers operate. They start small and then build for bigger and bigger asks. The small stuff is where they build the trust factor that enables them to manipulate for the higher level stuff.

Its also the same with how sexual predators tend to operate (like Andrew Tate where he started by normal dating norms and kept increasing til he was full on sex trafficking them). I mention this because of how both seem to be part of Turmp's general behavior.
I need a new kitchen remodel.